Gabe Sapolsky back in WWE, working in creative

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Gabe Sapolsky is reportedly back in WWE.

According to a report from PW Insider, the co-founder of Ring of Honor has returned to WWE after having previously been released by the promotion in January. Sapolsky will be working on the creative team but it is not clear if he will be dealing with the main roster or developmental. He had previously worked behind the scenes in NXT from 2018 until his departure in early 2022.

Sapolsky posted to social media on Friday and noted that he will still be doing Twitter Spaces for independent wrestlers and promoters.

"I am very happy to say that I will keep doing Twitter Spaces for independent wrestlers, promoters and others involved in the independents," he posted to Twitter. "Follow me to keep up to date on when the next one is."

Sapolsky was part of a series of cuts WWE made to its developmental program earlier this year. On January 5, the company released William Regal, Road Dogg, Timothy Thatcher, Danny Burch, Hideki Suzuki, Cathy Corino (Allison Danger), Dave Kapoor, Scott Armstrong, George Carroll, Ace Steel, and Ryan Katz. WWE re-hired Road Dogg last month as its new senior vice president of live events. Katz also recently confirmed that he is returning to WWE as well.​

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Hpefully he knows how to use Lacey.

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Pretty crazy don't you think when people come together and say we need to let him go then come back to you then Months later wanting you back. It would be very hard for me to say yeah right off the bat hopefully he got a better deal this time around. I would love to see him work either the Main Roster or NXT both would really do well with his ideas I feel. He's a guy from what I heard over the Years that talent can come to and not feel like their ideas will be passed off with a thought or a serious conversation.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Trips bringing back all his guys.....Bruce must have an ironclad contract :lmao

Baldrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bretthart
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect
Favorite Wrestler
teddibiase
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
I would like to think it will be back to NXT as that was working previously, but time will tell.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Trips bringing back all his guys.....Bruce must have an ironclad contract :lmao

I think Bruce is pretty well liked by Trips and Steph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think Bruce is pretty well liked by Trips and Steph.

:Shaqlol:

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
What a wild story

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Veteran pro wrestling booker, promoter and consultant Gabe Sapolsky is reportedly working WWE’s main roster.

It was revealed last Friday how Sapolsky was brought back to the company to work on the creative team, but it wasn’t clear if he had returned to WWE NXT or was now working the main roster.

In an update, a new report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that Sapolsky is now working as a creative team consultant for the main roster.

It was also reported that Sapolsky had been “dabbling” in the NFT world since his WWE release back in January.

Sapolsky is the latest member of the original NXT regime led by Triple H that was released back in January, only to be brought back now that Triple H is running the show. Ryan Katz and Senior Vice President of Live Events “Road Dogg” Brian James were also brought back.​

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
WWE Consultant Gabe Sapolsky continues to scout talent for the company.

A new report from Fightful Select notes that Sapolsky attended a Prestige Wrestling event to scout talents for WWE last month.

Sapolsky was also scouting talents for WWE at DEFY Wrestling’s Kingdom Come event on Saturday, October 30 in Seattle, Washington.

Sapolsky, who has worked in pro wrestling for around 30 years, officially began working for WWE as a Creative Consultant in January 2017, and held that role until January 2022, mainly working for WWE NXT and at the WWE Performance Center. He was brought back by WWE Chief Content Officer Triple H in September of this year.

Sapolsky’s LinkedIn page lists him as a full-time Consultant for WWE. It was recently reported that WWE had interest in The Kingdom before they signed with AEW, and word was that the point of contact between The Kingdom and WWE was Sapolsky, along with Triple H.

On a related note, word is that WWE has more intimate tryouts scheduled for early December. There’s no word yet on who has been invited to these tryouts, but we will keep you updated.​

Reactions: Chris

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Sapolsky was interesting The Kingdom....clearly he can't do that job right.

Bin him.