FX airs first UFC event in January

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The first official UFC-FOX event takes place in January (exact date TBA) when the organization makes its debut on FX.

Officials today announced the event, though its name and venue weren't revealed.

Two fights are official for the card: welterweights Josh Neer (32-10-1 MMA, 5-6 UFC) vs. Duane "Bang" Ludwig (22-11 MMA, 4-2 UFC) and heavyweights Pat Barry (6-4 MMA, 3-4 UFC) vs. Christian Morecraft (7-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC).

Additional event details are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

The landmark UFC-FOX deal kicks off in January and runs seven years. In addition to four annual events on the FOX network, additional shows air live on the FOX-owned FX and FUEL TV cable stations.

Neer recently returned to the UFC for his latest stint, and he scored a second-round TKO victory (due to a doctor's stoppage) over Keith Wisniewski at UFC on Versus 6. The veteran fighter is now 7-1 over his past eight fights, and his lone loss came to Bellator champ Eddie Alvarez in a non-title fight.

Ludwig began his latest UFC stint with two straight losses, but he's since rebounded after a move up from lightweight to welterweight. Recently, he earned a split-decision victory over Nick Osipczak at UFC 122 and a unanimous-decision win over Amir Sadollah at UFC on Versus 5.

Barry, meanwhile, likely is fighting for his job. The noted kickboxer recently suffered a submission loss to Stefan Struve in UFC on Versus 6's co-headliner. He's now 1-3 over his past four fights and looks to avoid his third straight defeat in the octagon.

He takes on the hard-hitting Morecraft, who looks to rebound from a second-round knockout loss to Matt Mitrione at UFC on Versus 4. In his other two UFC appearances, the New York-based fighter suffered a KO loss to Struve and earned a submission victory over Sean McCorkle.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
You can tell the difference between a Fox show and an FX show. One gets the heavyweight title and the other gets Neer vs. Ludwig as the mainevent. Should be an alright show none-the-less considering it is free so I can't complain. Look forward to seeing how they organise the show and if it is a one or two hour special.

Reactions: 1 person

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The UFC's first event on FX is expected to take place Jan. 20 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.

MMAjunkie.com confirmed the tentative plans with event sources. Yahoo! Sports' "Cagewriter" blog first reported the event details

MMAJunkie.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
If that is the date then this event will be squashed between UFC 142 and UFC on Fox 2 and it will mean three events in three weeks. Full on but I like it.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Okay i guess it's been changed...

The UFC's second network-televised event could take place early in 2012.

Event sources today told www.mmajunkie.com that the FOX-televised event, UFC on FOX 2, is expected to take place Jan. 28 at the 21,000-seat United Center in Chicago.

EDIT:This is going to be on FOX, not fx

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So they're going to be doing a show Jan20th on FX and one Jan 28th on Fox?

I think this is what they are doing. Doesn't make much sense to me as I thought that they would spread it out a lot more.

Ben

Reaction score
Jim Miller VS Melvin Gulliard is going to be the main event for the first Fight Night On FX, that's a hell of a main event and it should be solid with how each guys styles mix.

The next FOX show is the next week, and I'd expect another quality main event for that show and I think there going to go big. Most of the titles are being defended around that same time, but I could see Silva getting put on the card defending. Can't see them putting Silva/Sonnen on the card cause they'd be giving up a lot of buys, but him on the card defending against anyone makes sense for big ratings.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah Dana said he was going to reveal the fights for Fox2 on Monday, said there was only going to be 4 fights. And when the guy who was doing the interview had asked about Silva/Sonnen possibly being on the card, he backed off and kind of changed the subject by saying the card was going to feature a great mainevent.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Likely wont see that happen, heard some rumors about Rampage in the mainevent though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Miller vs. Guillard is a good mainevent for an FX show. Will definitely watch the event just to see that mainevent.

Silva on free tv would be huge but I agree that it shouldn't be against Sonnen because that is worth too much money.