Future plans for Rhodes and second generation diva

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Even though she has only been in developmental a short time, there has already been talk of putting Ashley Fliehr Johnson with Cody Rhodes as his manager. The idea would be that a Flair is paired together with a Rhodes, playing off the great rivalry between Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes.

As noted before, Flair’s daughter is using the name Charlotte in WWE NXT. Ashley was a star high school volleyball player and a level 9 gymnast when she was younger so she is able to do things in the ring that none of the other developmental Divas WWE has had can do this early in the game. She trained with George South in North Carolina before joining WWE.

If done right this can work. Ashley should do some mic work and she can spend the remaining time doing dark matches or work in NXT to sharpen her ring skills even more.

source

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
:obama: That would be interesting. Wonder if Ric Flair would return to the WWE though.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Well.....she's gotta be better than Brooke Hogan, amirite?

Seriously, they need to do something with Cody. He was doing so well as IC Champ, but has gone basically nowhere since losing the title.

wk

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It could be good, as long as Ashley is ready to go in the ring and on the mic when they do this.

MegaBotch

Jobber
Reaction score
I like the idea but not for Rhodes. Rhodes is a great talker on the mic and managers usually are added when someone can't speak that well. Now if Rhodes was included in some sort of generational wrestler stable with a few others from wrestling families, then it could be interesting. It would be like a modern Legacy.

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
MegaBotch said:
I like the idea but not for Rhodes. Rhodes is a great talker on the mic and managers usually are added when someone can't speak that well. Now if Rhodes was included in some sort of generational wrestler stable with a few others from wrestling families, then it could be interesting. It would be like a modern Legacy.

Agreed. Love storyline, anyone?

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Who would you pair Ashley up with then? No one comes to my mind right now. :hmm:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Leo C said:
Who would you pair Ashley up with then? No one comes to my mind right now. :hmm:

If you want to stick her with another second-generation superstar, why not Dibiase?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
The thing is they picked Rhodes and Ashley because of the history between the Flair and Rhodes families. Ric and Dusty had some great matches and rivalries through the years. That is why they want to put them together. To play off of it since it gives the story some great background.

Reactions: Snowman1

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Rainman said:
If you want to stick her with another second-generation superstar, why not Dibiase?

Nice pick, could work, since DiBiase's gimmick is painfully generic. Any type of spark or change to his character is welcome I think.

Stopspot said:
The thing is they picked Rhodes and Ashley because of the history between the Flair and Rhodes families. Ric and Dusty had some great matches and rivalries through the years. That is why they want to put them together. To play off of it since it gives the story some great background.

That's also true, I guess if Dusty and Flair were under contract the storyline could be really good though.