Future Contest Ideas.... Help Needed...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Sooooooo....

I need the forum's help to think of what the next contest should be... I couldn't think of any no matter how hard I try and I know we have some brilliant minded people here.. so I'm phishing for help...

If you have an idea for a contest with a cash prize or a Lifetime Legend upgrade prize... or something else.. please post it here... the idea I like the best will be used as the next contest here on WWEF.. others posted may be used in the future as well..

Fire up the cortexes people and let's make this happen!

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Not sure how interested you are in this because it would take more time on your part, but you could do a mystery box give away.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
We could use the IWT Royal Rumble idea from a while back and tweak it a bit. Everyone picks a number between 1-30 then we can do a WWE 2K simulation of a Royal Rumble and we use the results from that to decide a winner for a cash price maybe? You could even point out who was who/who eliminated who for some laughs.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Not sure how interested you are in this because it would take more time on your part, but you could do a mystery box give away.

Not sure about this just based on the amount of info the user would have to give (Full Name, Address)... plus with the amount of international members and the outrageous charges the USPS has for anything mailed overseas.. might not be worth the effort, honestly. It is a great idea though... I'm torn on this.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
We could use the IWT Royal Rumble idea from a while back and tweak it a bit. Everyone picks a number between 1-30 then we can do a WWE 2K simulation of a Royal Rumble and we use the results from that to decide a winner for a cash price maybe? You could even point out who was who/who eliminated who for some laughs.

I sold all my video games including WWE 2K... so not possible unfortunately..

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
You can do e-gift cards as a prize and do it for something different each time.

As for the contest, maybe require members to reach a set of forum goals for the month to be entered. Maybe a set number of posts, threads, ect.
You can even have it be the more they contribute to the forum, the more entries they get in the raffle/drawing.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
You can do e-gift cards as a prize and do it for something different each time.

As for the contest, maybe require members to reach a set of forum goals for the month to be entered. Maybe a set number of posts, threads, ect.
You can even have it be the more they contribute to the forum, the more entries they get in the raffle/drawing.

I was thinking about the e-gift card thing... an eBay card, an Amazon card, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, fye, etc etc..

I will most likely do that...

How would I obtain their forum activity info in order to legitimize a contest entry?

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I was thinking about the e-gift card thing... an eBay card, an Amazon card, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, fye, etc etc..

I will most likely do that...

How would I obtain their forum activity info in order to legitimize a contest entry?

Hmm, well post count is easy to keep track of once they enter as long as you make a rule of no spamming the chat.
As for threads, maybe have them link back to threads they made? Like require 10 threads for the month in the main WWE section of the forum that are decent quality.
Could also earn for join in the LD's as well. Most of the time you are in those so you can see how is active.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Hmm, well post count is easy to keep track of once they enter as long as you make a rule of no spamming the chat.
As for threads, maybe have them link back to threads they made? Like require 10 threads for the month in the main WWE section of the forum that are decent quality.
Could also earn for join in the LD's as well. Most of the time you are in those so you can see how is active.

Stupid Timezones making LDs impossible :(

But even though this would effectively rule me out, I like the idea that more activity = more 'entries'.

Another thing that they did in a site I used to frequent was do a treasure hunt, giving real world clues and brain teasers that you couldn't simply google. Like the page had morse code that lead to another clue. Basically it would lead them all over the sight and they'd have to chart their map to prove they got all the clues.

Takes a LOT of prep work though, so not something you can do every month or so but once a year more like.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Another thing is with egift cards, you gotta be sure its a worldwide accepted card, I won a $20 Xbox card but couldn't activate it because it was for US currency and mine isnt.

But the person who bought it saw it was 'global' on the seller's page. Just something to keep in mind :)

Reactions: Just Kevin