Friday Night SmackDown thread, Oct. 11, 2019: Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns to face off on SmackDown for number one pick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Unless you was thinking I was saying Seth was going to Smackdown that don’t make sense tho. But yeah guess we was both right.
I think you're putting too much stock into the order of the list. No one is losing their belt because of the order of the list.

I wasn't even referring to Charlotte. My point was Bayley wasn't listed for tonight so she had a shot at winning.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I think you're putting too much stock into the order of the list. No one is losing their belt because of the order of the list.

I wasn't even referring to Charlotte. My point was Bayley wasn't listed for tonight so she had a shot at winning.

Maybe I am, but like for the most part...it was pretty much spot on. KO like I said is the only one that didn't line up right. Cause he went to Raw right? Tho I swear on the bottom when they had it scrolling I saw him for Smackdown.

But yeah we both just had the same idea for different reasons.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
WWE Friday Night SmackDown results, Oct. 11, 2019: WWE Draft kicks off, new-look Bayley chops down Charlotte en route to major title shocker

20191004_Smackdown_Win--2f7041fe37b1f4e7edb9c781ccffc0dd.jpg

Seth Rollins def. Roman Reigns via disqualification to earn the first pick of the WWE Draft for Raw after “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt shockingly emerged

Universal Champion Seth Rollins (representing Raw) and Roman Reigns (representing SmackDown) collided to kick off Friday Night SmackDown with the winner earning the first overall pick in the WWE Draft for the brand he was representing.

Being so familiar with each other’s arsenals, the two felt each other out in the early goings until tempers began to flare, at which point the two Superstars just flat out started throwing haymakers. In the critical moments, The Architect seemingly had The Big Dog bested when he unbelievably countered Reigns’ Spear into a Pedigree, but Roman persevered and kicked out. However, the match was suddenly cut short when “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt appeared, surging up from underneath the ring and quite literally dragging the Universal Champion to hell. Seth somehow survived the bombarding and crawled back into the ring as Wyatt stared daggers into him, seemingly suggesting that nothing Rollins threw at him at WWE Hell in a Cell would put a stop to his destruction.

Amidst all this chaos though, Raw would now receive the first pick in the Draft due to Rollins having won the match against Reigns, albeit by disqualification. Raw used the first pick to select Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, and SmackDown chose Roman Reigns with its first overall pick. Raw then selected The O.C., the blue brand chose “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt, and the red brand concluded the first round by taking Drew McIntyre.

King Corbin def. Shorty Gable

Following Shorty Gable’s upset victory over King Corbin at WWE Hell in a Cell and the subsequent beating that Corbin dished out to him in the backstage area following the defeat, the two ran it back tonight.

Gable was seeking another monumental victory against the King of the Ring, and the former Olympian nearly put Corbin down for three several times. However, when King Corbin survived Shorty’s Ankle Lock and got back on his feet, he quickly found his opening to connect with End of Days, securing a clutch victory.

The second round of the draft was Superstar-studded with Randy Orton heading to Raw, Sasha Banks moving to SmackDown, Ricochet being drafted to the red brand, Braun Strowman now throwing hands on Friday Nights and Lashley concluding the round for Raw and USA Network.

The New Day def. The O.C.

The New Day, looking to bounce back after Kofi Kingston’s WWE Title defeat to Brock Lesnar last week, squared off against the ever-confident O.C..

The two groups collided with each going full bore from the jump. However, having so much to prove after his crushing WWE Title defeat to Brock Lesnar last week, Kofi Kingston weathered O.C leader’s AJ Styles’ best, finishing him off with Trouble in Paradise for a major win.

Following the match, round three of the WWE Draft would get underway with Raw selecting Alexa Bliss, Kevin Owens and Natalya, while Friday Night SmackDown brought Lacey Evans and SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival to FOX. Round four saw Raw select The Viking Raiders, Nikki Cross and The Street Profits, while the blue brand chose The Lucha House Party and Heavy Machinery.

Bayley def. Charlotte Flair to win the SmackDown Women’s Title

After defeating Bayley to record her historic 10th Women’s Title reign at WWE Hell in a Cell, Charlotte Flair defended her newly won SmackDown Women’s Championship against her longtime rival in the main event of Friday Night SmackDown.

Bayley hit the scene with a new look and attitude, literally taking an axe to her trademark Bayley buddies and coming at Charlotte with aggression right from the opening bell. Bayley attempted to push the pace against The Queen, trying to neutralize her incredible athleticism. The unrelenting challenger connected with a Bayley-to-Belly, but Flair found the strength to kick out. Charlotte fired back with a flurry of offense to put Bayley back on her heels. However, in the critical moments, Charlotte connected with Natural Selection, but Bayley somehow mustered the strength to grab two fist-fulls of hair and roll her up to become the new SmackDown Women’s Champion.

Bayley boisterously celebrated right in front of The Queen and then -- in not quite this exact language – told the WWE Universe that she no longer needed or wanted any of them going forward.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Was a pretty solid night overall.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Someone check on Izzy

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I just realized Bayley lost the title cause you’re not allowed to win in your home state :lmao

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I just realized Bayley lost the title cause you’re not allowed to win in your home state :lmao
I didn't even realize that, but her losing the belt lead to her embracing her heel turn so I'm all for it.

Reactions: Vegeta

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Poor kid

I like this new look from Bayley

• Haha
Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Bayley still wearing pants. :fuckthisshit

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Other than Bayley’s character change, Corbin/Gable, and the war room stuff for the draft this show was disappointing imo. Not as bad as Raw but still disappointing

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Good for Bayley. The hugger gimmick was fine but it's run its course. She definitely needed this change. Now she can kick ass and take names.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Changed her hair and call it a character change......classic WWE.