Frank Mir Thinks Overeem Is In Trouble Against Lesnar

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“Brock doesn’t shoot that low. He’ll put his forehead in your chest, and he’s going to run you through. If he’s not able to take you down with that initial blast, he’s going to run you against the cage. Then he’s going to rip your legs out from under you. Now, you should have gotten taken down in the middle of the area, but instead, you’ve been taken down against the cage [where it is more dangerous]. Speaking from experience, that sucks. Now, you have a guy who is not a black belt in jiu-jitsu and who is not a wrestling All-American who is going to be able to get back to his feet, so what does he do? Are you going to try to tell me he’s going to wrestle with a national champion wrestler for five minutes? His cardio is going to suck [after wrestling with Lesnar for a while]. I’ve seen guys with muscles like that, and that’s why he slows down.â€

Former UFC heavyweight champion, Frank Mir speaks from experience in this interview with ESPN where he breaks down this Friday’s UFC 141 main event between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem.

Having gone 1-1 against Lesnar, Mir has firsthand knowledge of the strength, speed and wrestling skills of Brock and believes that Overeem does not have the ability to win this fight.