Four people are dead and one injured after a hot-air balloon crashes in New Mexico

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Necro

Hi, I'm Chucky. Wanna play?
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
owenhart
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
V7QHIqCl.jpg

(CNN) Four people have died and one person is in critical condition following a hot-air balloon crash in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Saturday.
The balloon crashed into a power line around Central Ave. and Unser Blvd., causing power to go out in the area, Albuquerque Police Department (APD) confirmed on Twitter.
The injured person has been hospitalized and remains in unstable condition, according to police.
"They're in pretty bad shape. Doctors at the hospital are working to save that individual," APD spokesman Gilbert Gallegos said, the Albuquerque Journal reported. "It's just a very tragic situation. Our officers who arrived first on scene had a tough time when they saw what they saw. These things are just horrible anytime they happen."

Powering New Mexico (PNM), which bills itself as the city's first electric and gas operations company, "is on the scene as power is still out in the area," police said.
More than 13,000 people in the area are experiencing power outages as a result of the incident, PNM tweeted, advising people to stay away from the area. Traffic has also been shut down in the area, according to New Mexico State Police.

"Everyone at PNM is deeply saddened by this tragic loss," PNM spokesperson Shannon Jackson told CNN. "We are thinking about the family and friends affected by today's events. We will continue to do everything we can to support first responders in this evolving situation."
PNM will not be able to re-energize the transmission line affected by the crash or restore power until the investigation is complete, possibly causing delays, Jackson said.
"PNM is asking customers to plan ahead for the next few hours as outside temperatures rise and be ready to implement a back up plan such as going to a relative or friend's home for electricity or cooling, if needed, until power is restored," she added.
Albuquerque Fire and the New Mexico State Police are on the scene, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) will investigate what caused the hot-air balloon to crash, according to police.
CNN's Kate Trafecante contributed to this report.

---------

Those things horrify me, I can't even imagine.