Forgotten matches

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Unfortunately some matches wwe just throws away like trash. Some matches we haven't seen in a long time. What matches do you think wwe should bring back. Here's a list of some forgotten matches

Parking Lot Brawl
First Blood
Inferno
Biker Chain
Last Ride
Ironman

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I don't know if Parking Lot Brawl is really a match. Just an angle, more than anything. I honestly can't remember any match being given the stipulation of Parking Lot Brawl. Inferno, Biker Chain, and in most cases the Last Ride match only go along with storylines really. Iron Man and First Blood I agree on, especially First Blood. It used to a great way to settle conflicts and it's one of my favorite match types. Everyone other shot leaves you wondering if the other is busted open.

Unfortunately, you can't really bleed in the WWE anymore, so that stipulation is out the window. The Iron Man should be reserved for special occasions. The only recent storylines that warrant one is Taker/Trips. If Punk/Jericho had continued down it's violent path, we could have seen an excellent Iron Man match.

My top choice is Last Man Standing. You're not forced to bleed like in a first blood match, but it has the same level of prestige and is a great way to resolve a feud and produce a clear winner. I can't remember the last time we saw a good last man standing match that went along with a feud, but it had to be 2008 at the most recent. Or at least it feels that way..

NovaRoad

Reaction score
Website
stillskystudio.com
In fairness, the Iron Man match isn't something the WWE just threw away. It's a match type they never used very often and that's a good thing considering just how much they overuse other special match types and gimmick matches. There have only been 7 Iron Man matches in WWE history, the last being between Cena and Orton back in 2009 I think, and IIRC, it was after a string of other gimmick matches that didn't settle their feud.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
TBF the Last Ride match is the same as an Ambulance match and we had one of those a couple of months back.

Biker chain was just your generic "[insert object here] on a pole" match, so that has technically happened again, repeatedly.