For those experiencing issues during live discussions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
We've had reports that some users have had errors when certain threads like the discussion threads get to a large amount of pages, thus resulting in them getting taken to the first page after replying, instead of the last.

I've contacted a few people to try and get the official answer as to why this happens, but no one really knows for sure atm. During RAW I found a temporary fix which I will explain now, I hope this helps those who get the error still discuss it live with us.

Go to your options and set "posts per page" as "show 50 posts per page", screenie below:

nwA2C.png

This helped those who had the issue last night.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
It's just temporary. stops working after a short while. I just ended up going to the new reply page after each post. it lets you see the newest replies and is a lot easier to do than going to the last page each time

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
R'Albin said:
I have mine on 30 and it still does it :(

Not sure why it'd be different but try 50 anyway next time, three users told me it worked so I just presumed it did.

Vince McMahon said:
It's just temporary. stops working after a short while. I just ended up going to the new reply page after each post. it lets you see the newest replies and is a lot easier to do than going to the last page each time

It only stopped working for you IIRC.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Actually Crayo I still got that problem with the post limit up to 50.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Granted at a much smaller frequency but they still happen.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
When I change it to 50 posts per page the problem goes for around 2 minutes, but then eventually returns, It must be noted that I'm using Google Chrome, and haven't tried on any other browser.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I doubt it's Chrome, someone said during the thread that they tried Firefox too and it didn't work. Sucks really that there's no definite answer at the moment for us to react and fix or debug. Anonymous has tried something and we can only see if it works on the next discussion thread. It always happens around 100 pages ish, so if the thing he's tried doesn't work and people start getting errors again I'll start a new thread during the discussion and redirect it.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
The Great White Crayo said:
I doubt it's Chrome, someone said during the thread that they tried Firefox too and it didn't work. Sucks really that there's no definite answer at the moment for us to react and fix or debug. Anonymous has tried something and we can only see if it works on the next discussion thread. It always happens around 100 pages ish, so if the thing he's tried doesn't work and people start getting errors again I'll start a new thread during the discussion and redirect it.

Okay, let's hope whatever Anonymous has done works, either way I don't think it will stop me discussing Raw or Pay-Per-Views. :eek:tunga:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Could it perhaps have something to do with our hosting? Probably not but it could be worth looking into. Our site is always heavy with traffic during pay per view discussions so maybe that has some kind of effect.

Probably farfetched but a suggestion.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
That is the most likely reason, that it just can't cope with that amount of requests per second and it deals with it as good as it can. But I'm still sceptical, I'd rather eliminate every other reason than just blame the host.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
FWIW, when I changed it to 50, it worked fine for me. I don't think I had issues after that.

I use Chrome, so there's that.

wk