Foley Speaks On Royal Rumble Appearance, Possible WM28 Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The following are highlights from a recent interview with WWE Superstar Mick Foley:

Foley on his Royal Rumble match: "I don't think it was until I got back to the hotel that I realized, just how many things had gone on in the little time I was out there, maybe four or five minutes but even in those four minutes, you got that entrance, that's what I was most nervous about, 'How the heck am I going to run out to the ring?', the interaction with great young wrestlers like Primo and the thing with Ricardo (Rodriguez) that I thought was really funny, the stuff with Santino and the stuff with Miz and Cody (Rhodes) who were both the work horses of the Royal Rumble, so when I put it all together I realize 'wow, there was a lot going on in that time period', and I was minutes away from sucking all the oxygen out of the building so whoever won the Rumble would be doing so in front of an unconscious crowd."

Foley on possibility of wrestling someone like Cody Rhodes or Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania: "It would be nice if the people who made those decisions thought I was capable of that, I really would have to be in good shape and I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, I'm not gonna say I'll never do a match again but if people want to see me and Santino as a tag team or me and Zack Ryder as a tag team at a pay-per-view I would at least think about it because I think people would enjoy it and it wouldn't carry the pressure."

"I'm not (wrestling a big match) but I'd like to be in shape for it and hope that it would be something that could really add to a long-term angle or help one of those moments that gets people to the next level, I don't think it's the great matches so much as the personal issue that reaches a conclusion in a match that helps somebody get to that level and I think I could a nice step for somebody."

Check out the complete interview online at WrestlingVoiceRadio.com.

I'd love to see it but I don't think he'll be doing it in this short amount of time at WM28, more like WM29. Foley is a class act and does whats right for the business and he has respect for not only the business, but the people who came before him and who are coming after him. One of the best ever at putting people over and he's put his body through hell to entertain the fans.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Foley, I love you, you are a legend, and when I see you out in that ring it brings me back to my childhood from 98. When i was 11 years old. All the way through cheap pops in 2000. Your the greatest wrestler ever on a human level alone.

And you also seem to be on the Cody train that's not stopping.

But NO, Cody is going to be in a hell of a match against Orton. And Dolph will be Winning for MITB.

But I would love to see the "Sock and Snake" Connection. HELL YA!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Foley, you are considered the ultimate dare devil, but hang up your sock man. Leave mania matches open for boosting younger talent.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
But if he has a match at mania with a younger guy, it would help them a lot and give them a rub. Similar to what he gave Edge.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Mick Foley calling himself a stepping stone is something I didn't need to read. You should never call yourself such a thing even if is true.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Really the best guy for Foley at Mania is Wade. Wade has to be in a street fight and so do Foley at this point as their straight wrestling won't do it. I wouldn't mind those two in a little 10 minute brawl to give wade something to do and help him get over.

Cody should be wrestling though and stealing the show in the ring, and Dolph should be going get that briefcase at mania

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
He doesnt have anything to give anymore, hes not a relevant name and beating him means nothing.

There was a time where going over Foley gave people some rub, but that time passed.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
He may not be good in the ring anymore and move slow but he still is a relevant name inside the WWE and sort of outside the WWE, wherever he goes, he gets a good reaction (look at royal rumble, got a great pop) and people would love to see him in one more match or a tag team with Santino. They'd be an entertaining team.

Dolph Ziggler or Cody Rhodes would benefit, Cody beats Booker T then his brother then Foley. All 3 well-known established names.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Foley should really piss off. Going over him will only do as much for someone as going over an old and busted Dusty Rhodes did for Orton. It would be something to pad their resume with and get a little heat for a short period of time, but would be forgotten about very quickly.

If the wrestler he loses to goes on to become a world champion later this year, no one is going to be thanking Foley for it.

Foley severely over-estimates his current value to the business. As long as he sticks to releasing dvd sets, he's a little more correct.

Deuce

Reaction score
I had a feeling he wasn't going to do too well in the Rumble match but his segment with Santino was humorous.