Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Victor Ortiz Live Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
124962460_extra_large.jpg
HBO's pay-per-view broadcast of Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Victor Ortiz starts at 9 p.m. ET. For those of you eschewing the UFC's free show on Spike TV for boxing, here's where you can discuss the fight. (Note: We won't be supplying play-by-play of the event.)

For those interested in comprehensive coverage and round-by-round results, head on over to SBN's boxing blog, Bad Left Hook. Scott Christ will take good care of you.

Scott's take on the fight, from Bad Left Hook's staff predictions:

I don't have much to add with this one, really. It's a Floyd Mayweather Jr fight -- chances are, he waltzes through and gets a one-sided decision. Ortiz will be dangerous early, but his only chance is a puncher's chance. He has to catch Floyd, and then follow up. He has to knock him out. He cannot outbox him, cannot beat him on points. He really just can't do it. He's not good enough.

The only concern I have here is that Mayweather, as noted before, has to "get old" at some point. It can come one of two ways: A fight he survives that is harder than expected, and thus he retires, or a fight he doesn't survive, where everything creeps up on him and gets him beaten. I don't see it happening here, and frankly I don't think Ortiz makes it all the way to the finish line either. I'm guessing he doesn't come off his stool after nine rounds, all of which will be Mayweather's on the scorecard. As Floyd picks up steam, his straight right will continue to batter Ortiz, and eventually, it will be into submission. Mayweather RTD-9

Enjoy the fight.