First Ever Photoshop Sig

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Okay this new sig was made in Photoshop and not GIMP C34, just to let you know. I made it just then so What do you think.

ChrisJericho.png

Rate/Hate/ Rep for helpful Tips.

King_Ash

Reaction score
You need to download some brushes and maybe some better. For your first go its okay but its not that good, hit up a few tutorials and learn how to use the program a bit better, certinally helped when I first started using PS.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Yeah I downloaded some brushes but I need some better ones lol. If anybody knows where I can find some good Abstract Brushes well then can somebody hit me up with a PM for the link or put it here please. Well I didnt look up any tuts but I was just messing around with it.

John

Very good for a first try. you should've seen what i produce last night on photoshop, nice cuts and blends, text and background need to be different and maybe add a border. ok in all. considering your first time a 5/10 to be given.

CT Styles

deviantart.com is good for brushes and just type like cool photoshop brushes into google and see what comes up.

Wrestling Station

-be carefull about the text. Try make it symmetrical and not having the text so close to the edges of the sig.
-text again, find the color that suits the sig. Blue text and blue bkg? same blue? hmm you cant see the text in that case.
-No real complain about the blending, just try to fix the size of the psds youre using.
-try add a border to the sig.

C4

Perfect work for a first attempt, way better than your GIMP work. To be honest that's that just because it's done in Photoshop! :bigsmile:

Work on the techniques that everyone tells you, blending and text effects. Look up some basic tutorials of mine :shifty: Download brushes from deviant art or google them and you're one great GFX'r in no time!

Rep added for switching to Photoshop.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Okay well last night I was going to add a border to tthe sig BUT I could not find the thing for it lol. Anyway thanks for the advice. I might try again tonight.

CT Styles

^^ Do CTRL+A to select all and then press Edit>Stroke and pick your thickness and color. Oh and I'd recommend doing it on a new layer, Ctrl+Shift+N.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
ChrisJericho2.png

Seciond Sig I made. I am starting to get more Familiar with PS.

C4

You don't do any blending at all except the color overlays, check the tutorials also the font of your text goes the same everywhere, try different fonts. GIMP has similar features to that of Photoshop and that's why you're familiar with it so quickly. And once again, you're doing good for a start and that's a very good sign.. just keep trying and do something better next time! :y:

Download fonts from: www.1001freefonts.com or www.dafont.com

CT Styles

^^ Exactly what I was going to say. You're improving quickly but blending and fonts are your major problems. Do what C4 said.