Fight Back Speech: Wrestling Brings People Together

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Now, ladies and gents, as you all may be aware, due to YouTube having to change how they monetize videos because multiple sponsors pulled out from their advertisements being shown on videos with hate speech involved and other inappropriate content. There is nothing wrong with YouTube feeling they need to prevent such events occur, but as multiple YouTubers have revealed, it has created less money for their content, one such type of content which was affected, is something we on this forum enjoy, Wrestling. Multiple promotions have seen their profits off of what they show on the YouTube channels, a very crucial part of them growing their promotions, dropped, including a promotion not everyone here likes, but I admit, the fact it has survived this long and other than this issue is doing strong, is What Culture Pro Wrestling.

Today, they uploaded a free YouTube only show called FightBack in a stand to this change and it was taken down by Youtube, but something that was salvaged is this speech by "Plumpy" Adam Blampied which was a very passionate speech.

Do you guys feel as though YouTube should focus on fixing these sort of issues? Including wrestling classifying Wrestling content as "Alright" along with various other types of channels which were negatively affected. Also, in that video description, there is a petition created by someone else for YouTube to classify Wrestling content as "advertiser friendly" if you wish to sign it.

Smg

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I really do feel as Youtube should be focusing on fixing these issues. The amount of things they consider "too inappropriate for advertisements" is insane, not just wrestling alone.
And what's happening to Whatculture and WCPW right now is really heart-breaking. I've been watching them for a while now and I've really enjoyed their content, but now seeing as they are suffering so much because Youtube considers wrestling as a part of hate speech is really heart-breaking. This needs to be worked on ASAP, because wrestling is the complete opposite.

I agree completely with everything Adam (Plumpy) has said in the video, and I personally took it upon myself to make an account on Change.org and vote for the petition. Youtube better see this and fix this shit.

Ryan Blade

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
RDSWrestling.com
First thing's first. Fuck WCPW.
Alright, now that we got that out of the way...

I agree that pro wrestling should not be classified as inappropriate content. However, I don't think we should be blaming YouTube for this. Wrestling is on that list now for a reason. Do you agree with the reason? No. Do I? No. But it's a reason nonetheless, no matter how idiotic we think it is. The reason I don't think we should blame YouTube for this is because (Adam said it in the video as well) even WWE is affected by this. WWE's channel is massive and not only that, but the company is even bigger. I have no doubt that WWE has contacted YouTube about this issue. Has it been resolved? No. Why? Because it's most likely not YouTube's choice to put wrestling under that category. They did it to make advertisers happy. The advertisers are the ones who, now more than ever, choose where their advertisements are shown and it's obvious none of them are too thrilled to be featured in pro wrestling videos.

As a small wrestling YouTuber myself, I'm being destroyed with this problem when my channel is growing every day. It sucks. But YouTube is in a really, really tight spot right now and I don't think we should blame them for doing what they have to do to keep their business going. A ton of advertisers pulled out so there are already limited advertisers; YouTube has to make them happy.

And to answer your question Beaver, I think YouTube trying to convince advertisers that wrestling is a good genre to advertise on is the least of their worries right now.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
...If there's a goal I'd love to see this accomplish (but it won't), its to Ryan's point of the advertisers.
I'd love to see in this more era where people try to be more open-minded (but really don't), as well as a much more PC pro wrestling landscape across all companies (besides the CZW's of the world), that the public perception of wrestling could change. People older than us instantly dismiss pro wrestling as "barbaric shit" and people cooler than us just throw it out as "fake shit" without giving it an honest chance. That wrestling fans aren't the people you think they are.