Fedor Speaks On UFC, Josh Barnett, Next Fight

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
- Your promoter Vadim Finkelstein, has recently said that his next fight you will spend the summer or fall. Can you say anything more specific about this?
-The time when the battle will take place, I can name right now - it's June or July. But at the place where the fight will take place, we have not decided yet.

- Where would you most like to fight: Russia, Japan, where you will enjoy almost as much as at home, or maybe in the U.S.?

- Of course, I would like to come home for his countrymen. But by far the most powerful and influential organization of MMA is located in America. This UFC. Therefore, to meet with the best fighters I have to travel to the United States.

- One of the most intriguing fights in your career could be a fight with Josh Barnett. But in 2009 he never took place. Would you still meet with the American? And what are the chances that soon you will rival a similar level?
- Vadim is currently in talks about it. Much depends on it. I think in the near future, the situation becomes clearer. As for Burnett, it was the third time, when we broke off the fight with him. But to be honest with him I would not want to fight. I really sympathize with Josh, and we had been friends for a long time. Perhaps he is the only fighter with whom I had not wanted to meet in the ring.

- In Las Vegas, May 26 will fight for the title of champion of the UFC heavyweight division between the Brazilian Junior dos Santos and the Dutchman Alistair Overeem. Do you think they are the strongest at the moment the men in the world?
- Yes, I think they are one of the strongest heavyweights at the moment.

- Recently in the U.S. press reported that you can meet with former UFC champion in the heavyweight Cain Velasquez. What can you say about this?
- We do not have agreements. To date, no certainty in the relationship with the UFC does not. Maybe in the near future, something clear.

- Velasquez calls you his idol, and says that he considers you the best heavyweight of all time. You can select the fighters, even completing a career that made the greatest contribution to the development of mixed martial arts?
- I am interested to watch the performances of the top five rankings UFC. Contribution to the development of MMA? If we go by personalities, it's all the same Barnett, Mirko Filipovich, brothers Nogueira, Randy Couture.

All he does is hint that he wants to join the UFC in this interview, he needs to just GO.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
None of that even makes sense, hes talking like Barnett and Velasquez arent contracted...

Accept Dana's offer and fight while theres still a scrap of fight left.

Knowing Dana though he'll say Fedor has to go through TUF to get a chance :lol:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This article seems like it was first done in Russian and then put through an online translator. It does seem like he is talking about potentially signing with UFC which will be massive if it happens even if he has had a poor run lately.

Would be hilarious if Dana put him on TUF, would get good ratings.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah it was in Russian but translated, maybe when they do The Ultimate Fighter Russia he'll be on.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dude has been throwing subtle hints like this for years. He will never sign with UFC, and Vadim Finkelstein(shitkid) will still be running organizations into the ground using Fedor.