Fedor Emelianenko Planning to Train With Vinnie Magalhaesh to Prepare for Jeff Monson

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
index_php_large.jpg
It's been a long fall for Fedor Emelianenko. From a long reign as the best fighter on the planet and a position where he and his camp could afford to not bow to the UFC's demands in contract negotiation to now riding a three fight losing streak and a debate between retirement or bouts with the likes of Jeff Monson.

Fedor chose to go with the Monson option over the retirement option and now we're to the point where M-1 is talking the fight up.

First, Fedor talks his last three fights (via RT.com):

"In the three bouts I lost, I felt like I could've won. But the win somehow eluded me. I felt I could do it. I had chances, but God's will was different," says Fedor.

And on who they intend to bring in to prepare Fedor for Monson:

"Fedor will have a great training camp in the Netherlands with both strong wrestlers and stand-up fighters there. I'm going to invite Vinnie Magalhaesh. He's just won the world submission wrestling championships, and beat no less than Fabricio Werdum in the finals. So he can be considered the world's best wrestler at the moment," Fedor's promoter Vadim Finkelstein shared.