Favourite Returns

• Thread starter Moonlight Drive
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

What have been some of your favourite returns in professional wrestling history?

I have a couple. HBK's return to Raw in 2007 is definitely one, as it was the first time in a while I just thought 'Holy fuckmuffins!' since I honestly didn't see it coming. Cena coming back in the Rumble was another epic one, that definitely came out of nowhere. Edge at SS 08, and finally, Ultimate Warrior at WM VIII. That shit was incredible.

Reaction score
Pretty much any time the Rock returned was awesome. Jericho's return was pretty good, along with Goldberg's debut on RAW. There are so many good ones, its hard to choose!

xtremebadass

HBK's return in 2002 was epic as hell

Goldberg's return in 2003 spearing the Rock was infamous

Triple H's 2002 return to win the Royal Rumble was pretty sweet

Jeff Hardy coming back in 2006 was a pretty big deal although not hyped enough

Y2J's in 2007 was pretty creative

Moonlight Drive

Y2J would've been a top one, if it wasn't for everyone figuring it out.

The Rated R CMStar

The thing is, most of the returns we have witnessed have already been spoiled for us, so it doesn't do a lot for more.

But for example. the Y2J promo in his return made me mark out. Cena winning the Rumble was huge and really shocking, but for some reason, it didn't really made me mark.

What truly made me mark was Edge coming back. At SS07 I marked, but I truly found out how much I'm into Edge and wrestling altogether when even though I knew Edge was in the building (I freaking posted the photo first in the IWF) I found myseld screaming in delight when Edge walked down the ramp and became champion.

Moonlight Drive

Yeah I understand where you're coming from. You know it's gonna happen, but it just makes you that much more excited.

Y2J's was good, but it wasn't as amazing as it could've been, whereas in your example, Edge was on the poster, so it was never intended to be a shocking return really. Plus, he returned in an awesome way, while Jericho just interupted Orton.

xtremebadass

Ohhh yea, Cena coming back at the Rumble was my favorite return just for the HOLY SHIT factor involved. I jumped off my couch man no lie. That was a return!

The Rated R CMStar

I also think that if you're a fan of a guy, it doesn't matter if the return is spoiled big time, because you'll mark out anyway.

I knew Y2J was coming, we even knew the hour he was coming, we knew how he was doing it, still, it made me marked to see Y2J cutting a promo live again (the fact that I didn't remember Y2J in his Attiture Era tenure was also a factor)

But for example, Edge. Both in Survivor Series 2007 and 2008 I knew he was coming, and still, I could avoid screaming "Yes, OH FUCK YES" when Edge nailed Taker with a chair shot and pinned HHH for the title.

Like you saw, XB marked when Cena came back. I got shocked, but didn't mark. At this year's SS, I was expecting Cena coming back, but when I saw him, I didn't mark. I was too busy thinking how freaking impressive Edge's return was, how good of a heel Y2J is and how freaking amazing was the video promo put up by WWE in Cena's return, but I didn't mark.

At Summerslam, I'm sure a lot of people marked when Taker returned. I was too busy hoping for Edge to pull an upset and win.

By now you would have realized I am a huge Edge mark.

X-Sterl-X

Reaction score
undertakers return at JD.. never saw it coming, loved every second of it

Evil Austin

I liked Stone Cold's return to Raw in 03' as the General Manager with Eric Bischoff.

The Shua

Reaction score
Shawn's 2002 return was awesome. Prior to that, he hadn't been seen since 2001's Armageddon, where he made a brief appearance at WWF New York.
I don't think anyone expected him to return, certainly not to wrestle.

Matt's return also comes to mind. Not his "official" return, but when he kept doing run-ins during Edge's matches. I remember the first time he jumped Edge, I thought it wasn't all part of a storyline.

the dark knight

The thing is, most of the returns we have witnessed have already been spoiled for us, so it doesn't do a lot for more.
read my sig.

I also think that if you're a fan of a guy, it doesn't matter if the return is spoiled big time, because you'll mark out anyway.
WRONG, its the other way around. unless by "fan" you mean a mindless dumbass who has no opinion of his own and tries to be a part of something just to feel better.

edit-

to be on topic: rock's battle of the billionaire promo, if it counts. i literally screamed when i saw him.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I gotta go with Y2J's return in 2007. Even thought we knew it was coming it was still epic and awesome.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

The Rock's return after Coach humiliated Eugene and Eugene's walking up the ramp and Rock's music hits. That was epic.

Cryme Time the raw after wrestlemania was also pretty good.