Favorite Pokemon Generation?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Favorite Gen?

• Total voters

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Here is a list: List of Pokémon (sprites gallery) | Pokémon Database

Vote and share your thoughts!

Overall, I would say I am torn between Gen 2 and Gen 3. Both to me had solid Pokemon across the board and while I am tempted to say Gen 1, it is only because of Nostalgia. Most mons in Gen 1 have been made to look extremely weak by comparison.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Is this referring to my favorite pokemon or favorite game?
Just the generation. So just the set of Pokemon in any given generation. Don't include the game story or anything in this.

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
In that case, generation 4 had the coolest pokemon. I love all the new evolutions, it gave us three badass ice types in Weaville, Mamoswine, and Abomasnow (Glaceon was there too, but it's kind of a douche). The legendaries were the 2nd coolest, random pokemon like Gastrodon and Hippowdon are awesome, and don't forget, Turtwig is the cutest starter of all time

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Gen 3, easily.

The vast majority of my favorite Pokemon come from gen 3, and I haven't been able to really get into the designs of the other gens as much. Gen 3 has the best looking starters IMO by far, except maybe Sceptile. Lots of strong ones battle wise, it's the most solid gen to me. Partially might be bias and nostalgia since the gen 3 games were my childhood games for the most part, I played gen 1 and 2 but 3 was where I sunk the most hours into.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
HeartGold/SoulSilver. So whatever they are.
Gen 1 will always have a special place in my heart too.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Gen 4 is pretty great too, especially when it comes to battling.

Only gens I am not really into are 5 and 7.

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Gen 6 because megas.
6 > 5 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 4 > 2

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Looking over gen 5 again, it did have a lot of solid mons that are still used A LOT today. Still though, I think 3 takes the cake for me.

MildlyUpsetGerbil

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm torn between gen 1 and gen 3. Only one design in gen 1 isn't good (Mr. Mime), whereas gen 3 has a handful of stinkers (Pelipper, Volbeat, Medicham, Feebas, Huntail). In spite of that, Emerald is the game I've played the most. Zigzagoon, Poochyena, Mightyena, and Rayquaza are all among my favorite Pokemon. My old Emerald save has at least seven Poochyenas on it. Mawile and Absol look breathtakingly beautiful. Castform and Kecleon have amazing gimmicks that gen 1 can't compete with. Salamence and Metagross are badass...as are the Regis, Kyogre, Groudon, and Deoxys.

Welp, I talked myself into gen 3. There's just too many good memories that are stronger than gen 1's even though there's no obtainable Eevee in it (greatest mistake in the series).

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
Gen 2 is my favorite mainly because it added some new Pokemon while keeping the old ones, and it was the gen that got me serious about Pokemon.