Fandango's Titantron

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Lol, worked this morning. Close it then please mods.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=oDyUj-G2ymM[/video]

Not so fast slim.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Dat Kid From Jersey said:
I really hope Curtis sells that character because that titantron sucks

So far he's annoyed me. Just for not wrestling at all, I mean we could have a decent match in the time it's taking him to say his own name.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Am I seriously the only one loving this guy? Curtis is selling the character really well in my opinion and trolling the crowds and the fans. It's a smart way to get heat (denying the crowd the right to see you wrestle after being hyped) + a smart way to keep him relevant during the mania build up without him being a major part.

If it was Y2J doing all these things you would be calling him a genius.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Am I seriously the only one loving this guy? Curtis is selling the character really well in my opinion and trolling the crowds and the fans. It's a smart way to get heat (denying the crowd the right to see you wrestle after being hyped) + a smart way to keep him relevant during the mania build up without him being a major part.

If it was Y2J doing all these things you would be calling him a genius.

I can understand the method behind it, it's just a time waste :p!

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
I can understand the method behind it, it's just a time waste :p!

It's not. It is a smart and good way to build a new heel out of a guy who can sell the character and gimmick. Curtis works best when under a real gimmick - like his "weird" schtick from NXT redemption - He was amazing with that as a character. This is all smart booking. Fandango will keep showing up on RAW, Smackdown and possibly main event leading up to mania, teasing a debut only to pull out at the last second, basing this on some nonsensical minor issue playing on the fact that the character is a prima donna. This will annoy the fans and the faces he is supposed to fight, building heat for him and getting him over. Because the fans will love the moment he actually gets in the ring and loses, or if he wins his debut (probably through dirty tactics) then they will get even angrier and demand a babyface to take him out.

They worked the same method when Punk was to debut on ECW, only he was a face, building up the crowds anticiapation.

This is in no way a waste of time.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Understand everything you're saying Spot, but I just wasn't into it last night. To me it felt forced, not natural. When Jericho trolls it comes off as genius because he does it in a way that makes me furious and excited at the same time. Last night Fandango was just meh, I didn't care.