Fallout 034: 'FROM HERE TO TIMBUKTU' || Results.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SupineSnake

FREE PALESTINE
Reaction score
Olq4IkS.png

034: “FROM HERE TO TIMBUKTU.”
Live from the Gates of the Sahara in Timbuktu, Mali.
Saturday 28th October, 2023.

timbuktu.jpg

navy.png

With the opening theme of Fallout playing, we sleep across an incredible desert vista until the camera settles on a make-shift arena, positioned on the outskirts of a city. The dominating feature of the image is sand, which surrounds everything, until we cut to a closer shot of the excited faces of those packed into the wooden bleachers.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Welcome, wrestling fans, to ‘the Gates of the Sahara’ for Fallout 034! It’s me, Jean-Luc Watkins, riding solo on commentary duties as we buckle in for five scheduled bouts, culminating in our hotly anticipated main event between Konchu Hao and Xavien Marshall. Those two men will be on opposite teams when the FWA World Tag Team Championships are on the line next week on Meltdown XXXV, but we have four other high-stakes match-ups for you before we even get there!"

As if waiting for something to happen, the camera settles on the big screen above the stage.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But first, this…"

There's a huge cheer in the outdoor, makeshift arena as Gabrielle walks out onto the stage, ready for action for the first time in over a year. She affords herself a quick cursory stare around the faces of those assembled before walking down the ramp towards the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Wrestling fans, your opening contest is scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first, weighing in at fifty nine kilograms… ‘the Demon of Delight’... GABRIELLE!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "WHAT A MOMENT! It's been more than twelve months since we saw Gabrielle Montgomery compete in a wrestling ring, but that wait is finally over! Here comes the woman formerly known as the Caramel Goddess, the two-time FWA World Champion, the Hall of Famer! You are witnessing history here at the Gates of the Sahara!"

The audience seem quite aware of what they are witnessing, with particularly the male contingent of the crowd enthralled by her presence. They watch with adulation as she climbs into the ring and waits in a corner, limbering up as her music fades out…

There's a mixed reaction amongst the audience as Gabrielle's opponent emerges, but a sizable amount of cheers are heard as Madison Gray begins to make her way down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And her opponent… from Portsmouth, England… she is ‘the Young Lioness’... MADISON… GRAY!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Madison Gray may be coming off the back of two losses, but her performances as of late have no doubt been impressive, earning her a shot at the FWA Television Championship at Lights Out. Gray may have been unsuccessful in that challenge but has shown in the last few weeks that she's able to hang with some of FWA's top talent. She faces a tough task tonight, though, with one of the company's most decorated stars waiting in the ring for her…"

Gray climbs into the ring and stares across it at Gabrielle, who has a slight smile on her face as she regards her young opponent in turn. The official makes his final checks, the two women never removing their eyes from one another, and then he calls for the opening bell.

navy.png

FIRST MATCH || 1/20.
Gabrielle
vs. Madison Gray.
Singles Match.
Match writer: SS.
navy.png

<< 00:00. >>

The match starts but the two women stand for a moment on opposite sides of the ring, still eyeballing one another and awaiting the other to make the first move. Madison has a look of focus and determination about her whilst Gabrielle retains her slight smile. They appear as if frozen in time for a moment, until Madison Gray finally decides to charge in at her veteran opponent… and gets wiped out by a savate kick!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Madison Gray is WIPED OUT in the opening moments of this one! Gabrielle on target with a savate kick, and almost immediately we are reminded why this woman is a Half of Famer!"

Montgomery stands over Gray for a moment with a smirk in place, the audience going wild for the strike, until she sees Madison stir. Gabrielle helps get her up and then doubles her over with a spin kick to the gut. She applies a front face lock, but as she attempts to wrench Madison up and over the suplex is blocked by Gray placing her boot behind Gabrielle's calf.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But it looks as though Gabrielle isn't going to get it all her own way in this one… Madison Gray blocks the attempted snap suplex and returns fire with one of her own!"

Madison immediately tries to follow up, but Gabrielle rolls out under the bottom rope and to the outside, perhaps trying to catch a breather. Madison doesn't want to let the momentum slip, though, instead propelling herself off the opposite rope and attempting a baseball slide. Gabrielle side steps, then connects with a European uppercut, and finally takes Gray by the scruff of the neck in order to throw her face-first into the steel ring post!

The audience is cheering her name as Gabrielle surveys her handiwork, eventually rolling Madison back into the ring as the match continues…

<< 06:31. >>

We rejoin the match with Gabrielle clambering toward the top rope, having incapacitated Madison with a snap DDT. However, with the Demon of Delight still attempting to find her balance and make her ascent, Madison Gray stirs in the middle of the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Madison is able to cut Gabrielle off at the pass with a forearm strike there. The Angel of Absolution took her time in making that ascent to the top rope, perhaps an element of ring rust on display…"

Madison fires off with a trio more forearms and then begins to climb up the same corner from inside the ring. Montgomery tries to fend her off with some forearm strikes of her own, but Gray is relentless, hitting a half-dozen rapid-fire forearm strikes and then placing Gabrielle in a front facelock.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It looks as though Madison Gray is going for a superplex here, but Gabrielle senses her peril. She holds onto that top rope with all of her might, attempting to defy the Young Lioness…"

When Gray has to pause to catch her breath following the exertion, Madison capitalises by firing off with a series of right hands to the ribs, the last of which causes separation… and allows Gabrielle to connect with a big European uppercut! This knocks Madison off her perch on the second rope and back into the middle of the ring, but the Lioness instantly begins to fight up to a vertical base again. This allows Gabrielle to step up onto the top turnbuckle, where she waits for Madison to turn and face her…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "HEAD OVER HEELS! Gabrielle connects with the top rope hurricanrana! Vintage from the Angel!!"

Immediately, Gabrielle leaps on top of Madison, hooking the leg…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "But Madison kicks out at two point nine! This one rolls on!"

<< 12:15. >>

Madison is looking for her Way of the Lioness armbar, but Gabrielle is savvy to it and scrambles to the bottom rope, causing some separation. Gabrielle uses them to climb up to her feet and just about manages to see Gray charging at her. The Lioness looks to be attempting a clothesline to the outside, but Gabrielle ducks it and lifts Madison over the ropes with a back body drop. Madison lands on the apron and is able to connect with a forearm, sending the Demon of Delight stumbling into the middle of the ring. Gray quickly climbs up to the top rope…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This isn't the natural habitat of Madison Gray, but she's feeling confident and has the upper hand in this one. The Young Lioness steadies herself on the top rope… missile dropkick!!"

The audience don't like it but Gray does, nodding her head in self-belief as she watches Gabrielle struggle back up to her feet. She grasps her in a front facelock and hooks the leg, hoisting her up for her patented fisherman's buster….

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Madison Gray is looking for HMNB… but Gabrielle slips out of the back and lands on her feet! And the Young Lioness turns into a jumping heel kick!"

Madison is staggered, and Gabrielle immediately presses home the advantage, connecting with a vicious shotgun dropkick that sends Gray stumbling into the corner. Madison lands on her knees in front of Gabrielle, the crowd cheering the Demon of Delight’s name as she looks down at her dishevelled foe.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Just listen to this crowd! They know how special this moment is! Gabrielle is back!!"

Gabrielle has he back towards a corner and, as Madison gets slowly to her feet, hops up into a seated position on the top turnbuckle… before leaping off with her version of Magnum!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "SIREN'S CALL! It's so beautiful!!"

The crowd counts along as Gabrielle makes the cover…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Gabrielle via pinfall at 14:53.

It takes some effort for the Demon to drag herself up to her feet again. She looks down at Madison Gray with something resembling respect on her face and then allows the official to lift her arm in victory.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… Gabrielle!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "It's a victory for Gabrielle upon her return to FWA action, but that was far from easy for the Angel of Absolution, with Madison Gray putting up a hell of a fight against the Hall of Famer."

After her match, Gabby stays in the ring, exhausted and clearly feeling the effects of the grueling battle she just had. Calls for a mic, and for a moment, all we can hear is her laboured breathing before-

Gabrielle: "Damn, I missed that"

Gabby chuckles into the mic.

Gabrielle: "I don't think anyone in this arena...quite feels the same way I do right now.”

A hush comes over the crowd at that somewhat strange opening.

Gabrielle: "Just like I'm sure nobody in the back knows how I feel right now. The reason I say those things is because no one back there, to my knowledge, has ever been in danger of leaving this very ring and leaving what they love doing by no power of their own."

More of a buzz than a pop here.

Gabrielle: "You know....all my people, my agents, my publicists told me this was a stupid move. You're a former world champion, an icon, a hall of famer. You have nothing to prove any more. You don't owe the wrestling world a damn thing."

A bitter chuckle escapes her lips as she stands up and starts pacing the ring.

Gabrielle: "And to that.I disagree. Because recently I've been looking in the mirror and I haven't liked what I've been seeing. Because, to be quite honest, I don't see myself...I see someone who pulled as many strings as I could way back when. The one who pissed off everyone I've ever met."

Gabby lapses into silence momentarily, a weighty silence.

Gabrielle: "But now I got a chance...to clear the slate...To right a few wrongs and maybe save some people on the way....and while we're on the subject… Lizzie, we need to talk."

A buzz goes up from the crowd, and they don't have to wait long for a response. Elizabeth Rose's theme kicks into gear, stopping on the stage to stare down her former mentor before she strolls down to the ring, surprisingly alone as Gabby doesn't break eye contact with Elizabeth as she steps into the ring. Gabby seems to go to greet her, but unusually, Lizzie doesn't move into the centre of the ring. Instead, she makes her way to the turnbuckle corner and lounges there. Her posture is lazy and bored as she stares at a hole through Gabby. Gabby, maybe realizing the next move is hers, puts the mic to her lips.

Gabrielle: "I'm sure you realized this by now. But a big part of the reason I'm back? Is you."

Gabby seems to wait for a reaction but doesn't get one, so she continues on.

Gabrielle: "I don't know what those freaks told you or what you think they are to you. But whatever it is, it's wrong. They're wrong. This isn't you"

Elizabeth simply raises an eyebrow but still says nothing.

Gabrielle: "And I get it, I'm the last person you want to hear this from; I'm sure ETERNAL have poisoned you against me, probably told you that I'm going to try and manipulate you, but please understand Lizzie. I've always been in your corner. When no one else believed in you. I did. When you first arrived on ground zero, everyone else saw this skinny kid who was going to get eaten by sharks, someone who was born to lose. I saw potential. I saw talent, and hey...You can't say I'm not a crazy judge of talent... You've really come into your own but-"

Gabby has to pause as Elizabeth has now casually taken out a cigarette and lit it ever so casually, still staring at Gabby.

Gabrielle: "Ok, fine. You don't want to listen to me, but I'm going to tell you, anyway-This whole goth kid act, this emo phrase you're going through? This isn't you. At least, I hope not, because Elizabeth Rose? She SUCKS-! I miss Lizzie Rose. Someone whose passion for wrestling came out of every pour in her body. Someone who feared nothing and regretted less. Someone who did things no one thought she was capable of, just by sheer force of will. I told you once when you reach your potential. When you hit your peak? You're going to be scary....but you won't be if you're just going to let yourself be a puppet for those freaks. So I'm asking you... I'm pleading with you, for your own sake, snap out of this…"

Gabby's tone and body language are genuine and ripe with emotion. Clearly concerned about the former Rave.

Elizabeth? Less so, she just stares at Gabby, a cigarette dangling out of her mouth, for what seems like an eternity as she takes it out of her mouth.

Elizabeth Rose: "Always in my corner, huh?"

Gabby just nods once to confirm that's the case.

Elizabeth Rose: "I wanna explore that..."

Elizabeth points a single finger at the entrance ramp.

Elizabeth Rose: "Roll the footage."

And the screen above the ramp comes to life.

Gabrielle: "Lizzie...Lizzie, poor sweet Lizzie. You always were a bit...slow on the uptake. Sweet, fun and funny, a little wild, yes...but slow. People like you don't challenge people like me for matches."

This statement garners a loud boo from the FWA audience.

Gabrielle: "Especially not at Back In Business. I Main Event Back In Business, I don't face my protegees in a nothing match. You're beneath me, Lizzie. And you know this, we had a good thing in the past and we can have that again Liz. Just forget this foolishness, and we can look at last week as a learning curve for you. Don't challenge me, you don't deserve that match. You can fetch my bags, you can ask the lighter questions on Interviews in Caramel, you can keep my fridge stocked. Liz, I'll forgive you for what you've done, no hard feelings. We just all move on."

Lizzie seems apprehensive, though perhaps a little excited by the prospect of this. After all, she had only wanted to help Gabrielle out by getting her a Back In Business match after she announced her retirement(?). But then a thought that she really, REALLY should not vocalize comes into her head and out of her mouth.

Lizzie Rose: "I don't think I can do that... I'm not going away, and if I'm not going to Back In Business, neither are you..."

Gabrielle's eyes narrow, and then, in an instant, she simply hurled the microphone at Lizzie's head, striking her with a loud thud before Gabrielle herself launched at her and cracked her with a headbutt. It's not dignified and does make Gabrielle stumble backwards, but Lizzie has dropped in a heap. From there, Gabrielle wastes no time in laying into a few boots and then dropping an elbow.

The fans boo loudly as Gabrielle then simply mounts Lizzie and clubs away at her with punches and forearms. Battering the poor girl who tries to cover up but can't block many of them.

Gabrielle pulls young Lizzie up to her feet just so she can blast her with a series of European uppercuts, after 7 of them Lizzie is knocked off her feet, trying to scramble away only to be met with a boot to the side of her head which leaves her still.

Gabrielle stands there emotionless as the fans boo her louder and louder. But she doesn't care she just looks down at Lizzie Rose with absolute disgust

before rolling out of the ring and making her way to the back.

HOLD IT!

Before she does, though, Lizzie stirs in the ring, grabbing the microphone as she desperately pulls herself up to her feet.

Lizzie Rose: "Wh-Where ya going? Is....Is....that all you've got? I'm still here..."

The fans roar at that, cheering Lizzie on wildly as Gabrielle looks beyond stunned and then makes a beeline for the ring. Sliding in under the ropes despite the fact Lizzie is up, she can't defend herself as Gabrielle simply kicks her in the face. Screaming at Lizzie in pure anger as she, much like last week, removes her shoes, and then as Lizzie gets up to one knee, she blasts her in the back of the head with the sole of her shoe. And then just unleashes a furious flurry of stomps.

It's getting uncomfortable in the arena as Gabrielle pulls Lizzie up to her feet and then tosses her out of the ring. This time though, she follows her out just so she can roll her back into the ring...and then toss her back through the ropes, Lizzie's body hitting the ground with a sickening thud.

But Gabrielle isn't done. She rummages under the ring and pulls out a steel chair. Years of frustrations coming to a boil as she waits until Lizzie has sat up and then cracks her over the top of the head with it. Instantly, there's blood flowing from the wound on top of Lizzie's head. She tosses the chair aside, satisfied with her work.Now just watching to see if Lizzie will attempt that foolishness again. As medical staff and referees flood the scene, Gabrielle finally backs off as Lizzie hasn't moved. She makes her way up the ramp, but then there's a commotion at ringside. Lizzie has crawled and stumbled her way up to her feet, she slides into the ring. Her face is covered in blood, and she can barely stand, she staggering around punch drunk, but she leans on the ropes, staring at Gabrielle who seems beyond shocked...as Lizzie beckons Gabby back to the ring! Gabby takes a step back down towards the ring but then stops herself and returns to the back finally as Lizzie Rose falls over, unable to keep herself on her feet.

The footage cuts back to the ring, where Gabby awkwardly shifts his weight back and forth, not particularly enjoying seeing the worst of herself on display.

Elizabeth Rose: "Yeah, you're all heart ain't cha Gabs?"

Finally, Elizabeth stepped out of the corner.

Elizabeth Rose: "Ain't it funny? Two years ago, You stood there, looked me in the eye, and said I wasn't worthy to step in the same ring as the ‘Great’ Gabrielle, but now that I've made something of myself. Now, you benefit from being associated with me. NOW. You're worried about me. NOW. You care. But I get it. The only time you got friends in this biz is when you have something people want. You wanna guess who I learned that from?”

Gabby seems to try to talk again, but Elizabeth speaks over her.

Elizabeth Rose: "Because that's just who you are, Gabby, you're poison. You alienate everyone that even TRIES to get close to you; I should do, I did. I tried to bring your right hand. I wanted SO badly for you to like me. I waited on you hand and foot, doing everything I could to get noticed by you, but you didn't give a shit. You were too busy simpin' over Al Black's ass.

‘OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!’

Elizabeth Rose: “And every moment since It is safe to say you are completely and utterly…alone.”

Even more heat here, Gabby staying stoic.

Elizabeth Rose: "That's why you're really back, isn't it? You want to feel like you're somebody again after you were reduced to doing porn.”

Gabby is no longer staring at Elizabeth with slight annoyance, but we can tell that it's developing into contempt.

Gabrielle: "Don't open that can of worms –"

Elizabeth Rose: "Oh, too bad. Let's open it up and dig in. We all know why you're here, just no one wants to say it. You're back because all your money has dried up, so you showed back up for a quick payday. Before you ‘retire’ again-"

Gabby seems to be boiling here.

Gabrielle: "Before you say anything else, you'd better listen to me."

Elizabeth Rose: "I'm done liste –"

Gabrielle: "I SAID LISTEN. TO. ME.”

The boiling Gabby appears to be boiling over, getting dangerously close to Rose's face. Rose doesn't even flinch.

Gabrielle: "Like I said, I'm back because this is a clean slate. I know good and damn well I've done some pretty terrible things in the past, particularly to you, but this is my shot to change all that. To owe up to it. To right my wrongs, so if Elizabeth Rose is my fault. Then I guess if I can't talk her out of you, I'm going to have to beat it out of you."

The crowd pops at the idea, as Elizabeth just looks Gabby up and down with no small amount of disgust on her face.

Elizabeth Rose: "If it was up to me, I'd break your legs right here, right now. I never want to see you again. EVER. But my sisters? They have different plans for you...I've been told the only way that you'll realize how alone you are, if you're shown it. ...so ummmm....I guess what I'm trying to say is..."

Elizabeth squares her shoulders, clears her throat, and speaks as if every word coming out of her mouth was some fine wine she's been waiting years to savour.

Gabrielle: "You're beneath me, Gabby. And you know this: Don't challenge me, you don't deserve that match."

Gabby's eyes widen as the words she used against Lizzie Rose come back around at her, as Elizabeth drops the mic with a thud and walks away without looking back once.

We fade away from the scene and to a short commercial break.

navy.png

When we return to the arena, we see that Madison Gray hasn’t left the ring. She’s spent the last few moments appealing to the audience, asking if anyone has seen Laramie, before finally she gives up. Just as she takes a step toward the ropes to leave, the arena lights go dark. Suddenly, the screen at the top of the ramp flicks to black before the camera comes into focus.

Madison’s friend, Laramie is seen, tied to a chair with a piece of duct tape over her mouth and a blindfold over her eyes. Suddenly, a figure in a black hoodie, with the hood pulled up, steps in front of the camera with his back to the lens. He leans down close to Laramie’s face.

Masked Man: ”Shhhhhhh. Now, now Laramie. You know I’m not going to hurt you. I just need to get someone’s attention.”

The man turns around, his face completely covered by a mask.

Masked Man: ”Well, hello, Madison. It looks like I found something that you’ve been looking for. Listen, Maddy. You don’t mind if I call you that, right? You took what I wanted, and now I’ve taken what you want. You’ll get her back, but only when you meet my demands. December 17th, Madison.”

The lights in the arena come back on, as Madison Gray continues to stare at the screen with a terrified look on her face. She rolls under the bottom rope and sprints to the back while still nursing the injuries that she suffered in her match.

navy.png

The show goes backstage where Katie Baxter is standing with a microphone in hand. She briefly smiles warmly at the camera before beginning her part of what's to come.

Katie Baxter: "Thanks to everyone for watching Fallout and at this time, I'd like to introduce my guest: XYZ."

The crowd cheers in sync with the camera panning to the left a little to show the enigmatic former FWA Tag Team Champion and the recent defeatee in the X Championship match against current title holder Tommy Bedlam. XYZ has a green cape tied around his neck, no shirt on, and loose-fitting bright purple pants down to his ankles. He smiles at Katie's introduction and then the camera, which is somewhat surprising given the loss in the X Championship match.

Katie Baxter: "XYZ, we saw you on Meltdown come out after Brooklyn Steiner defeated Vengador. You ... gave a bouquet of flowers to Vengador. What was the purpose of that?"

Katie's voice inflexion changes to a confused and questioning tone in the second half, and she holds the microphone in front of XYZ's face.

XYZ: "Well, that's an important question, is it not? For everyone must stop and smell the roses in the cloud of dust that is this eternal stampede to the hilltops. There will be very few chances to enjoy the smell of fresh daisies or the bloom of dandelions. I can attest to the need for all, but I only have so many to hand out. Vengador, in this moment, seemed to need a sniff of the beauty. And maybe, in this scent, he sees a future for him. Maybe our futures are intertwined. Maybe we will stampede ... together."

Katie Baxter looks at the camera and then back at XYZ with an eyebrow sort-of raised.

Katie Baxter: "Are you saying you and Vengador would become allies?"

XYZ: "I am not saying anything of such formulation or staunchness. Vengador simply took the flowers, a gift from a hero. I cannot answer for the future, but I can say that future has a world of potential, and a world of avenues. Forks and spoons in the road are filled with knives and napkins, Katie. Knives and napkins.

And all of us bandits, we have to look to one another ... for signposts."

XYZ is set to walk off, but Katie grabs his shoulder.

Katie Baxter: "One more question, XYZ. Will we see you offer flowers to others?"

XYZ smiles and turns back to face her.

XYZ: "ALL ... of us bandits, Katie. The fallen bandits must look to one another ... for guidance through the curved candyland. Shoots and ladders is a minefield, isn't it?"

XYZ then walks off and ends the interview, as Katie softly smiles at the camera to close the segment.

navy.png

Natalie Rosenberg: “The next contest is set for one fall with a twenty-minute-time-limit!”

The opening to “Internet Friends” begins to build as the arena’s lights are dim before flashes of lights begin to dance to the music. Red, purple, pink, and neon green in tune with the music as Cali Hayama makes her way out, walking with confidence to her as her jacket flops around. She has a half mask on, with a part of it covering her eye and she kneels down. Smoke shoots up on both sides of her as she points her finger forward, sideways like a gun. After a moment she hops up and heads down the ramp.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Introducing first, representing MAYHEM’s YOKAI Death Squad, from Kelowna, British Columbia Canada, she is the Sky-Devil, Caliiiiii Hayaaaaaama!”

On her way down the ramp, the Sky Devil has her arms out to her side and moves loosely. As she gets to the ringside area she quickly hops onto the apron and pulls on the top rope, getting loose. Leaping over the top rope, she gets into the ring and quickly heads towards the ropes on the hard-cam side. Hooking her leg on the top rope, she flips back her hair and holds up her hand before putting three fingers down, forming an “M.” She takes off her mask and shows a confident smirk. Winking, the Asian-Canadian hops down off the ropes and goes towards her corner, sliding off her jacket as her theme music fades away.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Wrestling fans, I’m sure you’ve noticed Cali Heyama is rolling solo tonight without her YDS teammates Katsu and Ririko. The reason for that is because Katsu was admitted to a hospital for undisclosed reasons and Ririko is with her at this time. Cali has opted to still go on with the match tonight and whenever there is an update on Katsu, I will be sure to pass that information along to you all. Until then, I speak on behalf of all of us when I say we here at FWA wish Katsu all of the best and we hope to see her back soon.”

After the intro to “Bow Down” plays and the song kicks into high gear, Jackson Fenix appears on stage to a loud, positive ovation from the fans. Fenix is accompanied by Nate Savage, Xperienx Xtacee, Monica, Antonio, and Bubbles the Clown. Fenix hops on Bubbles’ back and rides down to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Introducing her opponent; being accompanied by the Undisputed Xperienx, from Las Vegas, NV; weighing in at 210 lb…he is The Sin City Bad Boy…Jacksooooon Feeeenixxxxx!”

Fenix hops off of Bubbles, gives the clown a hug, then bumps fists with everyone else before sliding into the ring and poses for the fans to another roaring ovation. Jackson points at the black armband on his left shoulder that reads FUNKY, and then points up at the sky saying “This is for you Funky!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Despite coming off a tough loss at Lights Out where he was unsuccessful in his attempt to dethrone Bryan Baxter and take the North American Championship, Jackson Fenix appears to be in good spirits. He even has his friends at his side, even the clown for some unknown reason.”

Trixie bursts onto stage full of her usual energy while her song plays her out. She’s accompanied by her Coven stablemates, Blair and Celestia Ravenwood, as well as the new FWA Television Champion, Kleio De Santos. Unlike her stablemates, Trixie is happy to interact with the fans on her way to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Their opponent; being accompanied by The Coven, from Baton Rouge, LA; weighing in at 125 lb…she is The Hex Girl…Bellaaaaatrix Bordeauxxxxxx!”

Trixie hops into the ring over the ropes and excitedly waves at her two opponents before posing once more for the fans. Trixie then hands off her Trios title belt to referee Gracelynn Guerrero before heading to her corner as her music fades out.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Much like Jackson Fenix, Trixie is not alone either and has brought along The Coven, as well as Kleio De Santos. The Coven had a successful night with Trixie, Blair, and Celestia successfully defending their Trios championship against YDS, while Kleio De Santos scored the win over Madison Grey in order to become the second-ever Television Champion. The Coven have been feeling pretty good about themselves these days being draped in gold, but tonight is a preview of what’s to come for them at Winter Wasteland where that could all change for them.”

navy.png

SECOND MATCH || 1/20.
Cali Hayama
vs. Jackson Fenix vs. Trixie Bordeaux.
Triple Threat Match.
Match writer: Jimmy King.
navy.png

DING! DING! DING!

<< 00:00 >>

The match starts with the traditional handshake by the three competitors. However, Cali keeps a hold on Trixie’s hand and begins to twist it around into an arm lock. Fenix looks to break it up, but Cali catches him with a back elbow! Cali transitions into a hammerlock on Trixie, who is struggling to break free. Fenix runs the ropes but gets knocked back by Trixie with a wild kick! Trixie manages to break free and strikes with a pele kick to Cali! Trixie sees Fenix running toward her again and this time she ducks, and Fenix hits a running single leg drop on Cali!

Fenix kips up, composes himself, catches a boot from Trixie, spins her around and hits a snap dragon suplex! He follows that up with a bicycle knee! Double Shot on Trixie and Fenix might end this early as he drops down for the pin but Cali breaks it up before a count can be made…

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Fenix nearly making quick work of Trixie with his trusty Double Shot combination of a snap dragon and a bicycle knee, but Cali keeps the match alive!”

Cali drags Fenix up to his feet and drills him with a few forearm strikes before she sends him toward the ropes, but Fenix clings on to the ropes and he catapults an incoming Cali over the ropes but Cali lands on the apron. Fenix spins around with a forearm but Cali ducks it and hangs Fenix out to dry with a jawbreaker on the ropes! Fenix drops to a knee while gasping for air after his neck was draped over the rope, meanwhile Cali steadies herself before launching herself off the ropes and she connects with a springboard hurricanrana to Fenix! Cali is back on her feet but Trixie sneaks up behind her with a quick roll-up!

One…NO!

<< 04:45 >>

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Trixie wisely catches Cali off guard for the briefest of seconds, but Cali still has a lot left to stay in this!”

Cali rolls through after the kick out and she springs to her feet just in time for Trixie to hit her with a running crossbody! Trixie knocked herself a bit loopy there but she does her best to shake it off. Meanwhile, Cali rolled over to the apron where she starts to rise to her feet, but before she can react she’s taken out by Trixie with a spear to the floor on the outside!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Wrestling fans, the action has spilled out in front of my commentary desk now, and both competitors are laid out on the floor. I believe Trixie took herself out as well as Cali on that exchange.”

After some urging from her stablemates nearby, Trixie starts to stir first. Cali starts to stir as well and the two ladies are both up and start exchanging blows, but that soon comes to a crashing halt when Jackson Fenix takes them both out with a tope suicida!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Jackson Fenix doing a good job of reminding the two ladies that he’s still in this match with a picture perfect tope suicida!”

While his friends cheer him on, Fenix tosses Trixie into the ring and then launches himself inside with a slingshot senton and follows that up with a pin…

One…TW--NO!

<< 08:13 >>

Fenix applies a figure-four leglock to Trixie and Trixie starts to howl in pain from the hold while resisting the urge to submit. On the outside The Coven is telling Trixie not to quit while Savage and Xtacee are rooting for the opposite. Trixie tries to counter it with her own much to the dismay of Fenix, but before Trixie can do so, the submission is broken up by Cali, who lands a beautiful diving moonsault on Fenix and she quickly hooks the leg…

One…two…NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “This time it’s Cali Heyama reminding her opponents that she’s still in this match!”

Cali wastes no time as she hits the ropes and catches Fenix as he rises up with a tornado DDT! Cali avoids a running forearm from Trixie, then she hits the ropes and comes back with a jumping meteora into a pin on Trixie!

One…two…THR--NO!

Trixie kicks out in time!

<< 11:11 >>

Cali isn’t deterred yet though as she sets Trixie up in her sights and she calls for it…Draco Meteor…but Trixie got her knees up in time! Cali rolls around in agony, clutching at her stomach. Trixie uses this newfound energy to rise up, and just as Cali has struggled back on her feet, she’s knocked back into a slumped position in the corner by a shotgun dropkick from Trixie…Trixie readies herself…Bundle of Fun!

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Trixie with the cannonball senton in the corner! Nate Savage, who also uses that move frequently, looks unimpressed with Trixie’s version of it.”

Cali is out of the equation and Trixie is calling for Hocus Pocus…SUPERKICK ME BABY ONE MORE TIME! Super kick outta nowhere from Jackson Fenix! Before Trixie can fall down, Fenix pulls her in close…Sin City Hangover! Into the pin…

One…two…three!

Winner: Jackson Fenix via pinfall at 12:45.

Natalie Rosenberg: “Here is your winner…Jackson Fenix!”

Fenix has his arm raised in victory; he takes in the adulation from the fans for his hard fought win. He walks over to check on Cali Heyama, and offers a handshake. Cali accepts and Fenix gives a curt bow to her, and Cali exits the ring. Fenix offers a handshake to Trixie as she’s helped to her feet by the referee; Trixie contemplates it and after some urging from the fans while her Coven stablemates are telling her no, she goes to accept it but The Coven enter the ring; stopping her from doing so.

Fenix is briefly outnumbered but he’s soon joined by Nate Savage, Xperienx Xtacee, and the rest of their crew. There’s an intense staredown between the groups but before things get out of hand, The Coven take their leave, realizing the numbers aren’t in their favor.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Well, as I noted early before the match, this was a preview of things to come at Winter Wasteland. Jackson Fenix scored the win and in doing so he picked up some much needed momentum heading into the Trios title match at Winter Wasteland. Anyway, there’s more action on the way, so be sure to stay tuned wrestling fans!”

navy.png

The crowd begins buzzing with some sections of the arena going nuts if the person the theme music belongs to is indeed here. The cameras catch a few fans chanting for the arrival of the FWA’s resident Daredevil.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Is he here?!”

From behind the gorilla position, Gerald Grayson appears in front of the crowd! He’s bouncing on his feet to the rhythm of his music, much to the cheers of the Fallout crowd. The Daredevil explodes into an array of pyro as he jumps into the air and comes back down with force.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “There he is! And with new pyro too!”

The crowd is loving it. Gerald slaps hands with the fans in the front row before stopping in front of the camera, giving the folks at home a big smile. He scales the turnbuckle, shouting to the fans how good it is to see them. Now in the ring, Gerald is given a microphone. He twirls it, smirking, finding the right time to speak as chants of “GG!” fill the arena.

Gerald Grayson: “TIMBUKTU!”

Cheap pop for Gerald here because well, it works.

Gerald Grayson: “Thank you, thank you, thank you for that great welcome back… and you heard that right – I’M BACK!”

The FWA faithful burst into cheers at the announcement from GG himself.

Gerald Grayson: “I know the last time I was on, my world was rocked by the legendary Jon Snowmantashi.”

Oohs from the crowd could be heard.

Gerald Grayson: “Not that kind, Timbuktu! Get your mind outta the gutter!”

Laughs were audible from the crowd as well as from GG himself. He scales the turnbuckle once more and takes a seat.

Gerald Grayson: “Now, things have been pretty wild since the last time you guys saw me. We’ve got a new World Champion, who was also Tag Team Champions with the former World Champion. Talk about drama!”

More laughs could be heard from the front row.

Gerald Grayson: “Anyone seen Michelle around? No? No one?”

Weasel!” chants begin from the Timbuktu crowd.

Gerald Grayson: “Weasel? Huh? Y’all are wild. Y’all stay confusing me. But anyway!”

Gerald gets down from the turnbuckle and goes to the center of the ring.

Gerald Grayson: “I heard there’s this thing called the Buddy Bowl or something like that? Well, color me interested.”

The crowd roars in chants at the prospect of seeing Gerald in another tag team.

Gerald Grayson: “I’d like to think that I know a thing or two about tag team wrestling. So FWA Management or Jeremy Best or whoever I need to speak to – this is me putting my name in the hat. Gerald Grayson’s entering the Buddy Bowl!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Big announcement from FWA’s resident Daredevil here. Going to be an interesting team whoever he ends up with for sure with the amount of experience he has under The Connection tag team with Michelle von Horrowitz.”

Gerald drops the microphone emphatically to exit the ring. Once again, he slaps hands with those in the front row, celebrating his return. He walks up the ramp and pauses at the top of it, turning back towards the ring and working up the audience a little more.

Jean-Luc Watkins: ”What a wonderful, happy, feel-good moment here. I, for one, am ecstatic to see the return of Gerald Gra – NO! NO! Why can’t we have nice things?!”

As Gerald Grayson is waving at the fans from the stage, Death Walker blasts him from behind with a lariat. It is unknown why this is happening but it seems that he has picked a new target to exact his vengeance. Down to his knees, Grayson struggles to get back to his feet as he’s a bit dazed and confused. This works out just perfect for Death Walker who hits him a running high knee, THE WRIGHT WAY!

It flattens the unsuspecting Gerald Grayson but while he’s still somewhat conscious Death Walker is not quite done with his beating. The demon takes both his middle and ring finger, jams them into Gerald’s mouth while bent over his face and proceeds to drag him towards the backstage area. The camera picks up what Walker is spouting about as he drags his victim.

Death Walker: “Make a liar outta me? ME?!? I’ll show ‘em, I’ll show ‘em all!”

As the arena is in disbelief to what is happening here to their returning favorite, Walker gets Grayson through the curtains to the Gorilla Position. And that's where Gerald Grayson kicks the unhinged monster in the skull a few times to break free. He gets back up to his feet and is immediately and is immediately speared by Death. The resident Daredevil rolls over face down in pain and agony, kicking at the floor. Making it back to his feet first, The Death Walker paces back and forth before doing anything else.

Death Walker: “GET UP! We're not done. Uh uh, we’re not done yet. We’re just getting started. GET YOUR ASS UP! They wanna piss me off? Ok, now they’re all gonna pay. GET UP! GET THE FUCK UP!”

Looking down at his weakened victim, Death begins to stomp his chest repeatedly. The boos drown out any other audio as the attack continues to play out. Finally, officials and security come rushing from the back. And it looks like Death Walker has done enough to make his point as he holds his hands up. The demon asks to not be touched as the referees and execs try to check on Gerald Grayson’s well being. Once they get Gerald to a vertical base that's when Death Walker snaps again, he pushes his way through. Lifting up the former X-Division champion, he slams him through a nearby table with Hell’s Fury. Breathing heavy from the sheer intensity and looking at the mayhem that he created, The Dark Traveler is led to back away as everyone around checks on Grayson. He steps back with one last thing to say…

Death Walker: “Welcome back to FWA… and welcome to my HELL!”

The demon makes his exit for the night as EMTs are rushed over to Gerald Grayson’s aid.

navy.png

There's a mixed reaction but mostly booing as Jack the Clipper appears on the stage, looking brooding as he scans the faces of those assembled in the desert before making his way to the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Wrestling fans, your next contest is scheduled for one-fall and with a twenty minute time limit, with the winner progressing to a triple threat match at Winter Wasteland for the FWA Television Championship! Introducing first, from Whitechapel, London and weighing in at two hundred and seventy three pounds… Jack the Clipper!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Jack the Clipper put in a strong showing at Lights Out in the Gunfight Battle Royale, though he was unable to take one of the two winning spots in that match. Still, he has the opportunity here to get right back into title contention, and currently stands only one victory away from a shot at Kleio De Santos' FWA Television Championship. Clipper's been no doubt impressive since his debut, but has struggled to get one in the win column thus far in singles competition. He'll be hoping to break that duck here tonight."

Jack climbs into the ring and limbers up in his corner. His music fades out but isn't replaced. The next competitor walks out onto the stage to no audio accompaniment, except for the swift and sudden derision of the Timbuktu audience.

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… from Parts Unknown because he aint giving his address to nobody and weighing in at two hundred and fifty pounds on a good day… Trevor Walker!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "These fans have taken a swift disliking to Trevor Walker, both here in Mali as well as pretty much everywhere else on Earth. He may have struggled to ingratiate himself with the audience but Walker is on the cusp of a championship opportunity. We've already seen Brooklyn Steiner book his place in that triple threat at Winter Wasteland along with the champion Kleio De Santos, and now we find out who rounds out that unholy trinity."

Walker, after barking at many of the front row fans on his way down the ramp (mostly in a futile attempt to recruit them to his school), finally climbs into the ring and faces off with Jack. It appears we are about to start, but before we can…

There's another mixed reaction with mostly boos as Kleio De Santos appears on stage, Grandma Ethel stood next to her and the FWA Television Championship on her shoulder.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I had a sneaking suspicion that we might see our Television Champion here tonight. She joined by broadcast colleagues Rod and Anzu last Thursday for Meltdown during Brooklyn Steiner's win over Vengador, and… yes, it looks as though I'm getting some company for this one!"

Kleio is shown picking up a headset at the announce booth, Ethel looming nearby in as intimidating a manner as the Grandma can muster.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Ms. De Santos… what an honour it is for you to join us at the booth tonight."

Kleio De Santos: "One must scout, Mr. Watkins. Can't spend all day staring into cauldrons, no matter how much one would like to. Let's find out who my other dancing partner is…"

In the ring, Clipper and Walker finally drag their eyes away from the champion at ringside and back onto one another. The official calls for the opening bell.

navy.png

THIRD MATCH || 1/20.
Jack the Clipper
vs. Trevor Walker.
Singles Match - winner progresses to the FWA Television Championship triple threat at Winter Wasteland.
navy.png

<< 04:30. >>

The opening stretches of the match saw Clipper emerge mostly triumphantly from the technical exchanges, much to the chagrin of Walker. He retreats to the outside after surviving an arm bar, but Jack - equally comfortable outside the ropes as within them - goes out after him. He attempts to grasp Trevor by the scruff of the neck, but Walker reverses with a drop toe hold, sending Clipper face first into the top of the ring steps! Walker follows up with a series of stomps, and then a snap suplex on the outside!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trevor Walker showing off some underhanded tactics here, clearly not happy with how the match was going when the pair were trading holds."

Kleio De Santos: "Doesn't this guy run a school? Is this what he's teaching his trainees?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Didn't hink you'd have a problem with that…"

Kleio De Santos: "I just hope this is lesson one…"

Meanwhile, Trevor has rolled Jack back into the ring, following him in with an attempted cover…

ONE… TWO… NO!

Walker immediately goes back to work, first hitting a slingshot suplex for another two count, and then hoisting Jack up onto one of his shoulders. He turns towards the corner, maybe going for snake eyes… but Jack slips out the back and pushes Walker chest-first into the turnbuckles instead! And then, as Trevor stumbled backwards towards him…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Schoolboy roll-up!"

ONE… TWO… NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Ah, Allen would've loved that…"

Kleio De Santos: "You missing him?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Not one bit."

<< 09:40. >>

Trevor Walker has resumed control of the match, mostly thanks to an eye take, and now works over Clipper with a series of stomps whilst Jack is seated in the corner. The official warns Trevor and begins a five count, Walker eventually relenting and whipping Jack hard across the ring with an Irish whip. Clipper bounces off the opposite turnbuckles and back towards him, where Trevor is waiting with a shoulder block! Jack tries to scramble to his feet, but Trevor waits for him and hoists him up in a fireman's carry…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Airplane spin! Round and round be goes!"

Kleio De Santos: "Juvenile. Is this supposed to hurt?"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Not hurt, disorient…"

Kleio De Santos: "Good job I have the balance of a cat."

Trevor finally puts Jack down and, as he stumbles around in a dizzied state, grasps him in a front facelock. Walker grabs the leg and takes him over with a fisherman's suplex!

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A picture perfect bridge from Trevor Walker, but Jack forces a shoulder up at two!"

Kleio De Santos: "Resilience is somewhat impressive…"

Walker seems to find it frustrating more than impressive and spends a moment barking at the official over a perceived slow count. He finally turns his attention back to Jack, signalling that the match is about to end whilst dragging him to his feet. He pulls Clipper's head into position between his legs…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Trevor looking to end things with a pile driver here… but a reversal from Clipper! Back body drop sends Walker to the mat!"

Kleio De Santos: "Not for long, though. That old bastard just keeps on coming. No offense, Ethel…"

Walker charges in at Jack, but Clipper takes him out with a low drop kick to the knees! Trevor hurtles down to the mat, with Jack watching on as he desperately uses the corner to help himself back to his feet.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Walker is regaining a vertical base, but doesn't realise he's exactly where he doesn't want to be!"

Kleio De Santos: "There's a sinister look in that barber's eyes…"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A LITTLE OFF THE TOP!!"

Kleio De Santos: "… devastating."

Trevor slumps into a heap after the discus forearm to the back of the head, allowing Jack to drag his dead weight into the middle of the ring and hook the far leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Jack the Clipper via pinfall at 12:52.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… Jack the Clipper!"

There are mostly boos for Jack as his arm is lifted into the air, though some cheers are also heard, likely due to the fact that he's vaguely more popular amongst the FWA Cosmos than Trevor Walker…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "And that means that Jack the Clipper will progress to the triple threat match at Winter Wasteland, where he - along with Brooklyn Steiner - will challenge the woman beside me for the championship on her shoulder. Any thoughts, Kleio?"

Kleio De Santos: "Kleio now, is it? No longer Ms. De Santos? You've grown familiar, Jean-Luc. But not the familiar I'm accustomed to. Anyway, I can't stay and chat, I believe we're meant to have a stand off or something."

Kleio removed her headset as the victor celebrates in the ring, the excitement growing in the make-shift arena as she circles the ring. The bloodthirsty audience doesn't get their wish, though, with Kleio - still flanked by Grandma Ethel - moves to the foot of the ramp and observes Jack from the centre of the ring. De Santos narrows her eyes as Jack draws the outline of an invisible championship belt around his waist.

And then, from behind Kleio at the top of the ramp, a third arrives, eliciting a minor pop from the audience. This ripple of noise alerts Kleio to the new arrival, and she turns around to see a smiling Brooklyn Steiner, dressed in his street clothes, standing at the top of the ramp.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Kleio De Santos finds herself stuck between a rock and a hard place here, much as she will do at Winter Wasteland. Challengers beset her from all sides."

Resolute and undeterred, Kleio lifts her FWA Television Championship over her head. Both of her next challenges regard this title carefully as she holds the pose, before hopping over the barricade. She, along with a couple of fans, helps Grandma Ethel do the same thing before the two leave through the crowd. This leaves Steiner and Clipper to eyeball each other from opposite ends of the ramp.

Finally, Jack climbs out of the ring, and it looks like we’re almost done here… until the camera picks up a man who has climbed over the barricade and to the ringside area. He stands above Trevor Walker, who is nursing his wounds, trying to help him up to his feet whilst holding a bouquet of flowers - roses, to be precise - in his right hand.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “That’s XYZ! We saw him last Thursday on Meltdown with another bouquet for Vengador, who also lost in a qualifier for Winter Wasteland’s TV Championship triple threat, and now he appears to have the same gift for Trevor Walker.”

Walker allows XYZ to help him up without realising who it is offering a hand, and when he does he quickly pushes X away. Unphased, XYZ lifts the flowers up to his nose, taking a deep sniff of them and wafting the aroma towards his flaring nostrils. He smiled and sighs contently, before offering the bouquet across to Trevor Walker.

Walker, for his part, has a stunned look on his face, and - when he regains himself - he swipes at the flowers and knocks them out of XYZ’s hand. They land on the ground, Walker shaking his head before turning around and striding away from X and towards the rope.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “Well, I don’t think Trevor Walker appreciates XYZ’s gift. He spoke earlier tonight about how he was trying to teach Vengador to smell the roses, so to speak, but it looks like Trevor Walker smells something else entirely…”

X momentarily watches Trevor leave before reaching down and picking up one of the strewn roses. He puts the stem beneath his teeth, climbs over the barricade, and disappears again through the crowd. We fade from the scene.

navy.png

We're brought backstage to a corridor where we see everyone's favourite Lucha Odd couple, Halloween Knight and Trash Mammal, strolling down the hall WITH PURPOSE-! Halloween Knight carrying around his beloved steel chair in one hand, because that's absolutely a normal thing for someone to do, to have a steel chair on hand to either hit someone with or dance on it, depending on the situation. Or maybe both-! And Trash Mammal has some Halloween candy smeared on his mask as he goes through his notes as he walks on by.

Trash Mammal: "This is it, bonehead. I finally got all my questions together for my interview with the undisputed alliance. Things are looking up! Got my contract, and I'm about to put forward the best interview FWA has ever seen."

Halloween Knight: "Do you think it's a little much to ask them both where they were when the Watergate scandal happened?"

Trash Mammal: "Hey, they can't account for their movements that night-! I'm just asking the questions no one else will. I'm not just questioning the undisputed alliance; I'm putting society on trial-"

There seems to be more everyone's oversized rodent had to say, and probably would if, at that moment, he didn't bump right into seldom seen luchador-Juan Tothrefor.

Trash Mammal: "AHHHH-! They found me Skeletor-! I don't know how, but the government found out I was asking questions! Quick, we gotta flee the country-"

Thankfully, Halloween Knight grabs Trash Mammal by the collar and clearly gestures towards a downbeat-looking Juan Tothrefor-

Halloween Knight: "What's wrong, Amigo? You see down in the...."

Trash Mammal: "DOWNINTHEDUMPS"

Halloween Knight: ".....yeah"

Trash Mammal: "Sorry, just trash is kind of my thing, so I have to say it.”

Halloween Knight just shrugs, and Juan Tothrefor sighs.

Juan Tothrefor: “I guess I'm feeling down because...my career hasn't really taken off like I thought...and there's no one to celebrate Day Of the Dead with...."

Trash Mammal freezes, and mutters, ‘Oh god, here we go…’ as electricity seems to go through Halloween Knight like Juan Tothrefor just said the magic words.

Halloween Knight: "THANK YOU, FINALLY SOMEONE SAYS IT-! YOU HAVE A GUY NAMED HALLOWEEN KNIGHT ON THE ROSTER, AND NO ONE SEEMS TO GIVE A CRAP. WHERE ARE THE SKULLS, WHERE ARE THE OUTFITS, WHERE'S THE SPOOKS? NO ONE GETS SPOOKY AROUND HERE AND THAT BREAKS MY HEART."

Trash Mammal: "Is this because they didn't like your pitch for a match!"

Halloween Knight: "THE MASS BATTLE ROYALE IN A HAUNTED MANSION? HALLOWEEN KNIGHT'S HALLOWEEN NIGHT SPOOKY BATTLE ROYLE? HOW COULD NOT BE MONEY"

Juan Tothrefor: "...Um, guys?"

Halloween Knight seems to shake off his befuddlement as he clasps Juan's shoulder.

Halloween Knight: "I swear by all the bats in hades, by all the juice in beetles, by all the mashes in monsters, you will have a spooky night out tonight. I know just the haunted house we can go to."

Juan Tothrefor: "Um....Thanks"

Trash Mammal: "Wait, stop the presses! Skelly, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Halloween Knight: "Spooky things and steel chairs?"

Trash Mammal: "...No"

Halloween Knight: "Aw...."

Trash Mammal: "Guys, we're the only three luchadors on the roster if we team up together. If we pull our resources, there's no telling how far we'd go."

Halloween Knight: "Let me tell you about that idea....I LOVE IT-!"

Juan SNAPS his fingers in front of the hungry of the duo, getting their attention and jabs a finger in their faces

Juan Tothrefor: "That idea?"

Juan turned that finger into a thumbs-up.

Juan Tothrefor: "is UNO!"

The newly minted trio makes various blissful sounds as we fade to black.

navy.png

We're treated to yet another mixed reaction in Timbuktu (the order of the day for this week's Fallout, apparently) as Sawyer Xavier appears on the stage. He doesn't break his stride as he marches down the ramp and towards the ring.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Your next contest is scheduled for one-fall, with a twenty minute time limit. Introducing first, from Savannah, Georgia and weighing in at one hundred and seventy six pounds… SAWYER… XAVIER!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Sawyer Xavier may have been amongst the unsuccessful in the Gunfight Battle Royale, but his fourth place finish exceeded many people's expectations. People have been talking about Xavier's performance ever since that match in Kinshasa, with a change in attitude noted by those observing the young man. We've seen this before, though, and the important thing will be whether this new attitude translates into victories…"

Xavier slides into the ring, loosening up slightly as his music fades out. It's replaced by…

Natalie Rosenberg: "And his opponent… from Las Vegas, Nevada… he weighs in at two hundred and fifteen pounds… ‘the Prodigal Son’... BLAKE TAYLOR!!"

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Here comes another man who fell short in the Gunfight Battle Royale, but Taylor does already hold a pinfall victory over Sawyer Xavier. He'll be hoping to reassert his dominance over Xavier here and then move onto bigger and better things, I'm sure…"

If that is Taylor's plan, though, it is immediately scuppered by Sawyer Xavier, who flies through the middle and top ropes and takes Blake out with a suicide dive!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "A hot start here! Xavier takes it to Blake Taylor before the opening bell!!"

Sawyer isn't done after the tope, though. He immediately takes Blake by the wrist and whips him once into the steel barricade… and then again into the steel ring steps! Taylor lands in a heap on the other side of them!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xavier is wasting absolutely no time here in Timbuktu! And it appears he's caught someone's eye in the back…"

As Xavier lays into Blake with stomps, we see Jason Randall watching on a screen in the backstage area. He strokes his chin thoughtfully as Sawyer hoists Taylor up and throws him beneath the bottom rope. The bell finally rings when Sawyer slides in after him…

navy.png

FOURTH MATCH || 1/20.
Blake Taylor
vs. Sawyer Xavier.
Singles Match.
navy.png

Jean-Luc Watkins: "We’re officially underway in this one, with Blake Taylor climbing up to his feet. Sawyer slides back out onto the apron… springboard dropkick!! Picture perfect from Saywer Xavier! The Prodigal Son is already on dream-street!"

Indeed, Blake Taylor is struggling to force himself up onto his knees, not realising that Sawyer is already in waiting behind him. When Taylor is in perfect position, Xavier charges in from behind…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "BRAIN SQUASHER!! Xavier connects with the knee to the back of the head, and we’re less than a minute into this one!"

Xavier hooks the far leg…

ONE… TWO… THREE!

Winner: Sawyer Xavier via pinfall at 00:38.

The crowd is slightly surprised at the quick match but gives Xavier a round of applause regardless.

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… SAWYER XAVIER!"

As the victor has his hand raised in victory, we once more cut to the back and to the Wildcard's position. He is still watching a screen, now with his hands on his hips and a slight smile on his face. When he's content that he's seen enough he backs out of the shot.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I'm not quite sure what Jason Randall is doing, but he appears to be keeping a close eye on the progress of Sawyer Xavier… and the young man looks slightly nonplussed by this development, too."

Indeed, Xavier looks at the big screen with a slightly confused look on his face, wondering what Randall is doing watching his match. Eventually, though, he climbs out of the ring. We fade to black as he makes his way back up the ramp.

navy.png

Cut to the backstage interview area where "The Wildcard" Jason Randall is standing by with Katie Baxter. Randall is in his casual attire of his own FWA affliated t-shirt along with cargo pants and boots.

Katie Baxter: "Jason Randall, before the break you were caught watching Sawyer Xavier's match with Blake Taylor, and you seemed impressed by his quick victory. Is there an interest that you have in Sawyer Xavier?"

Jason Randall: "Katie, did you happen to see Lights Out?"

Katie nods her head.

Jason Randall: "Well, then you'll know that in the Gunfight Battle Royal I was eliminated by Sawyer Xavier. Now, I don't have a personal vendetta toward him for eliminating me; he did what he to do. I just wanted to watch him in action; see how he operates. I was impressed with what he did at Lights Out; I was impressed with what he did tonight despite his opposition not being much of a challenge..."

Before Randall can continue he's cut off by Sawyer Xavier, who just came back from his match.

Sawyer Xavier: "What happened to you?"

Jason Randall: "What are you talking about?"

Sawyer Xavier: "You used to be this bad ass, take no shit kind of guy. Now, you're sitting here saying you're not mad at me for eliminating you at Lights Out. I would've thought what I did would've lit a fire under your ass, but I see you're too far gone. You let them break you, it's sad to see."

Randall is about to say something but Sawyer cuts him off.

Sawyer Xavier: "You shouldn't have to conform to this world that hates you, you're better than this. You know it and I know it, but they don't see that. To the suits, you're just another number to pad out time. They watch you bust your ass every week, but they don't care. They never keep you in mind, like what are you even doing here if you don't have a match? Why are you sitting back here watching my match when you should be out there tearing it up?! They didn't have anything for you but they threw you a bone with this interview time? You travel all this way here to Timbuktu to watch a match and an interview?"

Randall stands there emotionless as he stares down at Xavier, who has gotten closer to him.

Sawyer Xavier: "You're so much better than that, you can prove that to them. Don't you want more? I know it may sound strange but I want to help you. You should do something, unless you're content with just being another number to pad out time, you're nothing without the semblance of a personality they let you give."

Xavier says this while pointing his index finger at Randall. The Wildcard looks down at Sawyer, still emotionless, turns around and walks away leaving Sawyer watching him leave.

navy.png

We join Jean-Luc Watkins at the Fallout commentary table for perhaps the final time tonight, and the consummate professional shows no signs of fatigue despite flying solo for the entire show. His suit remains as pristine as it did at the beginning of the show and he flashes a pleasant smile in the direction of the camera.

Jean-Luc Watkins: “We’ve done it again, wrestling fans. A thirty-fourth stellar edition of Fallout is in the books but we still have one final morsel of elite wrestling content for each of you to absorb.

“We know that the Dark Roads Alliance will defend their newly-won FWA World Tag Team Championships against Jay Kenny and Xavien Marshall on Meltdown XXXV, but tonight there is a chance for the challengers to build some momentum… Xavien Marshall against ‘The Mad Wizard’ Konchu Hao… it’s time for the main event.”

The song may be presently unfamiliar in FWA circles, but its familiarity does cause it to receive a decent reception from the fans in attendance, although this tempers somewhat when Xavien Marshall emerges from the back. Marshall walks towards the ring with purpose; the enormity of the opportunity in front of him is not lost on the relative newcomer to the FWA as he walks towards his first ever singles main event contest as a part of the roster. Notably, despite the billing given ahead of time, Xavien Marshall walks out to the ring completely alone.

Natalie Rosenberg: “The following contest is your main event of Fallout 034 and it is scheduled for one fall with a thirty minute time limit! Introducing first, from East Cleveland, Ohio and weighing in at two-hundred and eighteen pounds… XAVIEN MARRRRSHALLLLLLLLL!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “There is intensity in the eyes of Xavien Marshall tonight… and he’s going to need to bring a lot of it with him for this match. Konchu Hao is a tough nut to crack - a former X Champion. The very same championship that Xavien will be vying for an opportunity for when he meets Jay Kenny at Winter Wasteland for the Gunfight One Ring.

Speaking of Jay Kenny, we were expecting to see him come out here to provide some support to Xavien Marshall, as before their encounter at Winter Wasteland they will be challenging for the tag titles. However, based on what we saw earlier tonight involving Kenny, I wouldn’t be holding my breath for some back up if I was Xavien Marshall.”

Marshall enters the ring and mean-mugs the crowd through the ropes, making it clear how little he cares for their feelings towards him. DMX fades out and Marshall slowly and menacingly paces around the ring as he awaits his opponent.

To a grand reaction from the fans, the brand new FWA World Tag Team Champions walk out from the back. Epsilon stands in the middle of Cyrus Truth and Konchu Hao, as the latter two proudly wear their new championships around their waists and walk down to the ring as a trio. Cyrus hangs back to let the competitor in the match Hao take most of the spotlight, and Konchu cackles gleefully. When they reach the bottom of the ramp, Epsilon does a spirited lap of the ring and Konchu focuses on entering it. The content and pleased look on Truth’s face drops when he locks eyes with Xavien Marshall.

Natalie Rosenberg: “His opponent… representing the Dark Roads Alliance and being accompanied by Epsilon and ‘The Exile’ Cyrus Truth… he is one half of the FWA World Tag Team Champions, ‘The Mad Wizard’ KONCHU HAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOO!!”

Jean-Luc Watkins: “It is safe to say that Lights Out was an unprecedented success for the Dark Roads Alliance; not only did they get vengeance on FTN, they became the FWA World Tag Team Championships. For Cyrus Truth, becoming the fifteenth individual in FWA history to achieve a triple crown will likely rival being able to put Allen Price on the shelf in terms of accomplishments.

“But, as these two will undoubtedly expect, life as champions will not be easy. Already they know their first challengers in Kenny and Marshall, but looking further there will be the winners of the Buddy Bowl and at Winter Wasteland, any challengers have yet to be decided. With my ear close to the ground, I have heard rumblings of FTN perhaps getting another crack…”

Xavien Marshall backs into one of the corners as Konchu enters the ring; Epsilon and Truth follow him inside and show their appreciation to their fellow DRA member as ‘The Mad Wizard’ ascends the turnbuckle and holds his championship up into the air with his arms outstretched as he cackles wildly. The referee for this main event match is Larry Stevens, and he requests that both Truth and Epsilon leave the ring. Cyrus shares a nod with Jean-Luc Watkins on commentary as he does so; the removal of Allen Price from the announce position was mutually beneficial.

navy.png

FIFTH MATCH || MAIN EVENT || 1/30.
Konchu Hao
(w/ Cyrus Truth) vs. Xavien Marshall (w/ Jay Kenny).
Singles Match.
Match writer: SS (w/ entrances and cameo from Man).
navy.png

The bell rings but neither Marshall nor Hao are quick to emerge from their corners. There is an intense stare from the East Cleveland native in the direction of his opponent. Konchu’s mask (his regular one, not the popcorn bucket version which will be available as a DLC exclusive in FWA 2K24) obscures his facial expression but his body language shows that he is ready for things to kick off all of a sudden, which they do following this initial confrontation. Marshall storms across the ring to meet Konchu in his corner and despite the tag champion’s readiness, he is quickly overwhelmed by his hungry opponent.

The initial Running Forearm Smash sends Hao into the turnbuckle and Marshall follows this up with some punches to the top of the head. The referee tries to get in between the two competitors as Konchu is in the ropes, counting to five, but he physically removes Marshall away from the corner himself as Xavien did not show any signs of stopping his assault. Marshall kicks at Konchu as he is dragged away. Stevens puts a finger in Marshall’s face, telling him to rein it in a little, but Xavien just shrugs him off and approaches Konchu again…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Baba Vagna’s Illumination!! Konchu Hao fires back with some pocket sand, showing Xavien Marshall that he’s no stranger to dirty tactics either!"

The official hands out some more admonishment, this time to Konchu, who simply shrugs it off with a cackle before grappling Xavien in a front facelock. The Mad Wizard follows up with some repeated knee strikes, a surge of offence that he calls John Dee’s Knees. After perhaps a dozen of them, he hooks both of Xavien’s arms and takes him overhead with a butterfly suplex, quickly following up with a lateral press.

ONE… TWO… NO!

Xavien kicks out, with Konchu slapping on a grounded side headlock to further wear him down…

<< 08:12. >>

Konchu has been dominating the early stretches, managing to cut off any potential comebacks with nefarious tactics like thumbs to the eye or kicks to the shins (much to the audience’s delight, surprisingly). Hao has his opponent down after a snap suplex, and now waits patiently for Marshall to rise whilst stalking him from the corner. Xavien stumbles around to face the Mad Wizard, who approaches quickly for a savate kick… but it’s ducked beneath by Marshall, who succeeds in knocking Konchu Hao down with a roundhouse kick of his own!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "This could be just the change in momentum that Xavien needs, and he follows up with a hurricanrana! Konchu fights up to his feet once again and looks to return fire with a discus lariat… ducked underneath by Xavien, who transitions into a rear waistlock. High-angle German suplex!! Xavien Marshall bridges for the pin…"

ONE… TWO… NO!

It’s Konchu’s turn to kick out, but Xavien is insatiable. Immediately, he hoists Konchu back up to his feet, doubles him over with a boot to the midsection, and then hoists him up into powerbomb position.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xavien Marshall with the bucklebomb! Konchu Hao is on dream-street, slumping down onto the mat once more. Marshall is building up a head of steam."

A shift in the tone of the audience in Timbuktu distracts Marshall’s focus, though, and his attention is turned to the stage, where two more men have walked out to keep an eye on proceedings.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "That’s Jay Kenny, the man who will team with Xavien against the Dark Roads Alliance before competing against him for the Gunfight One Ring at Winter Wasteland, along with Thomas Princeton. Looks like Princeton’s whispering something in Kenny’s ear…"

Indeed, Thomas is offering some unheard advice to his new protege, who listens whilst keeping his eyes fixed upon Xavien Marshall in the ring. Marshall is doing the same, until eventually he remembers he’s in the middle of a match, turning around to face Konchu…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Step-up enziguri from Konchu Hao! Xavien is staggered, and then he eats a backdrop driver!! Konchu hooks the far leg…"

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Another kick out from Xavien after the indirect distraction from Jay Kenny, who continues to observe silently from the top of the ramp as Konchu wrenches Xavien’s arm into a grounded hammerlock…"

<< 17:12. >>

Xavien has worked his way back into the match-up and now has Konchu gripped in a firm side headlock. Konchu thuds into his ribs with right hands to try and cause separation, but Marshall holds on. Konchu eventually manages to back Marshall up into the ropes and throw him off into the opposite set, looking for a lariat which Xavien is able to duck beneath. Konchu turns around to face Marshall upon reapproach…

Jean-Luc Watkins: "SWITCH KNEE!! Xavien connects with the running knee strike, Konchu slumping down to his knees. Not for long, though, with Marshall placing him in a front face lock and wrenching him up to his feet and then into the air… BRAIIIIIIIIIINBUUUUUUUUUUUUSTAAAAAAAAH!"

Xavien follows up with the cover…

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Kick out from Konchu! Xavien isn’t done, though, pointing towards a corner and staring off up the ramp at Jay Kenny, the man he will both team with and compete against in the coming weeks. He then strides to the corner, looking for his split-legged moonsault.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Knees up from Konchu! Xavien perhaps spends too much time staring at Jay Kenny before the move, and now he’s sent reeling, clutching his ribs as Konchu rises again."

We get a quick shot of Jay Kenny smirking at the top of the ramp, and then we’re back to the ring in time to see Hao grasping Xavien in an inverted facelock.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Reverse DDT from Konchu Hao… and he transitions straight into the Black Lotus Bite!! Beautiful combination from the Mad Wizard!! This might be it!!!"

Xavien Marshall looks close to tapping, his hand outstretched with his palm facing the mat, but then he balls it up into a fist in resolution before inching slowly but surely towards the bottom rope… finally managing to grasp the bottom one! The official starts a count, with Hao finally releasing the hold at four. He rolls away from Marshall, Xavien pulling himself under the ropes and landing in a heap on the floor, attempting to catch his breath as the match rolls on.

<< 24:50. >>

Hao has Xavien backed up into a corner, where he lays into him with repeated Mongolian chops and forearm strikes. The official again has to demand a break, with Konchu acquiescing by hurling Marshall across the ring with a HARD Irish whip. Marshall hits the opposite set of turnbuckles and bounces back towards the Mad Wizard, who attempts to run right through him with a lariat. Marshall ducks beneath it, though, and then nails the turning Hao with a spin kick to the gut. Hao is doubled over, with Xavien immediately hitting an adjacent set of ropes.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Xavien with the scissor kick to the back of Hao’s head! And now he grabs the wrist, maybe looking for that vicious stomp to the back of the head… no! Konchu rolls out of the way and then sweeps Marshall’s legs out from underneath him! Back and forth, wrestling fans! What a treat!"

WIth Marshall grounded, it looks like Konchu is attempting a cross armbreaker, but Xavien shifts his weight and manages to get Hao’s shoulders down on the mat in a modified jackknife pinning predicament.

ONE… TWO… NO!

Konchu gets the shoulder up, but Xavien gets to his feet with control of both of the Mad Wizard’s legs, launching him into the corner with a catapult. Konchu stumbles back towards him, allowing Xavien to roll him up with a schoolboy…

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Natalie Rosenberg: "Wrestling fans, this is your… FOUR MINUTE WARNING!!"

WIth just two hundred and forty seconds to go, Xavien looks to take Hao down again with another roundhouse kick, but the Mad Wizard ducks beneath it, hooks both of his arms, and put his shoulders on the mat with a backslide pin…

ONE… TWO… T – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Another kickout! This is relentless! Both men are back to their feet with Xavien looking for a clothesline, but Xavien evades… crucifix roll-up!!"

ONE… TWO… TH – NO!

Another kick out from Konchu, who is up to his feet much quicker than Xavien, who seems to be fatigued as the match goes deeper and deeper. Konchu grabs his wrist before rolling him up again with la magistral.

ONE… TWO… THR – NO!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Two point nine!!"

Xavien gets his shoulder up, rolling onto his knees with the momentum of his kickout. Konhu is still on his hands and knees in front of him after la magistral, allowing Xavien to return with a modified la magistral - a mousetrap - of his own!

ONE… TWO… THRE – NO!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "TWO POINT NINE NINE!!!"

Both men are quickly up to their feet, with Xavien charging in at Konchu… who wipes him out with a savate kick!!!!

Jean-Luc Watkins: "I guess that puts an end to that exchange of quick pinning combinations, and now Konchu is signaling that this match has run its course. He has wrist control now, yanking Xavien Marshall back up to his feet. There’s the ripcord, he’s looking for Rasputin’s Revenge… ducked beneath by Xavien in the nick of time! Rear waistlock from Xavien, he bundles Konchu forwards into the ropes. O’Connor Roll!!!!"

ONE… TWO… THREE!!!!

Winner: Xavien Marshall via pinfall at 27:39.

Konchu kicks out, but it’s a millisecond too late! The bell rings!!

Natalie Rosenberg: "Here is your winner… XAVIEN MARSHALL!!!"

Konchu is up to his feet, frustrated with his hands on his hips, watching on as the official lifts Xavien’s hand into the air.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Hao is gobsmacked… and, if I’m honest, FWA Cosmos, I’m a little surprised, too! Xavien Marshall has impressed so far during his short tenure here, but Konchu Hao is a former X Champion and one half of the current FWA Tag Team Champions! A huge victory for Xavien just one show out from his and Jay Kenny’s challenge for those very titles!"

With Xavien taking to the second rope to celebrate more and Konchu rolling beneath the bottom rope, we get a shot of the Mad Wizard retreating with Cyrus Truth and Epsilon, looking disappointed at the result but with more confidence now that he’s flanked by his partner and his loyal homunculus. He shouts a few garbled words in Xavien’s direction, followed by a cackle.

We then cut to a locker room in the back, where the extended FTN family are watching on a screen. Peacock seems to find the whole thing rather amusing, laughing maniacally and slapping his knee, presumably at Konchu’s defeat.

And then, there’s a shot of Princeton and Kenny on the stage as they finally begin to make a slow descent of the ramp towards the ring.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "There’s a lot of interested parties in this one, not least of all Jay Kenny, who is just now making his way down the makeshift ramp towards his partner for Meltdown XXXV… and, of course, his opponent for Winter Wasteland."

Jay Kenny passes Cyrus, Konchu, and Epsilon on the ramp, pausing for a moment to stare at each of them in turn. Then, perhaps under the instruction of Princeton (who is still whispering in his ear), he stands aside, offering his opponents a smirk as they continue on their way to the back.

Jean-Luc Watkins: "Princeton perhaps advising caution from Kenny. Probably wise, and Jay looks far more interested in the man still in the ring."

Xavien is loosening up within the squared circle, perhaps ready to defend himself if it comes to that. Kenny is at the base of the ramp now, loosening up his own joints as Princeton continues to offer instruction. Finally, with the audience’s anticipation for this impromptu showdown reaching fever pitch, he steps up to the ring…

Hops onto the apron…

Pauses, stares at Xavien Marshall…

… and then hops back down again. He backs away from the ring, still smirking and shaking his head at Xavien. He taps his wristwatch, as if signaling that the time isn’t quite right, and then turns away from Xavien to walk back up the ramp.

We watch Jay Kenny leaving from over Xavien’s shoulder as Fallout 034 comes to a close.

navy.png

Last edited: