Fabricio Werdum Talks A Return To UFC

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Current Strikeforce heavyweight Fabricio Werdum is echoing the words of his trainer Rafael Cordeiro, telling MMA Heat's Karyn Bryant that he does desire a return to the UFC.

Werdum, who was knocked out of the Strikeforce Grand Prix earlier this year by Alistair Overeem, fought for the UFC before. He left the company due to a financial dispute after a loss to current No. 1 contender Junior dos Santos in 2008.

"I just have my contract with Strikeforce," Werdum said. "I want to come back to the UFC for sure because UFC is the best event in the world. The guys give me a chance; for sure I'll come back."

Cordeiro, who works with Werdum at Kings MMA, mentioned that his fighter could be ready to go in December if he was called upon. Werdum is 14-5-1, including a 2-2 mark while competing for the UFC from 2007-08

FightLine.com