Fabricio Werdum Set To Return To The UFC?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
“My motivation is for to fight the best guys in the world. Where is the best guys in the world? Is in the UFC. I like UFC for sure. I like Strikeforce, too,†he told MMAWeekly.com while in attendance at UFC 139 on Saturday night. “My goal now, I’m training hard for come back in the UFC because the best guys is there.â€

Werdum has exchanged words, via the media and Twitter, with UFC fighter Brendan Schaub lately, trying to impress upon the UFC brass that the fight would be a good match-up to put in the Octagon.

He’d also like another shot at Alistair Overeem, who is slated to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 141. He and Overeem have split their two fights so far, Overeem winning the most recent contest under the Strikeforce banner.

The fire around a fight with Schaub has, however, has since died down, and Overeem’s dance card is obviously full, but that doesn’t mean that Werdum doesn’t want back in the Octagon.

“I put in Twitter, Werdum UFC Rio 2. I want the fight in Brazil. In four days, 7,000 people want I’m fighting in UFC Rio,†said Werdum, referring to the number of fans re-tweeting his message to UFC president Dana White.

The UFC’s head honcho, however, hasn’t committed to anything yet with Werdum, who has most recently been fighting for Strikeforce.

“I want to fight in UFC, but in Brazil, it’s perfect,†said Werdum, who was born in Brazil, but hasn’t fought there in more than seven years.

MMANews.com

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Much improved since he lost to JDS, I'd love him back.