EY: Will the Gimmick Stick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Maxi

Reaction score
Does anyone see Eric Young staying Super Eric young and turning into some sort of Hurricane rip off?

chessarmy

"bla bla bla rip off...bla bla bla WWE did it before...bla bla bla i wanna complain for the sake of complaining...bla bla bla"

I know, maybe I'm taking it too far...but c'mon, I'm sick of reading the same thing. Why does everything that TNA does HAVE to be a rip off? Seriously, Super Eric makes sense because Eric was scared of the monsters and so he came back as a superhero and finally manned up and kicked the monsters' asses. Now, will the gimmick stick? I'm not sure, it has the possibility of getting old fast, but if TNA does it right and doesnt keep the gimmick for too long, it can actually help Eric Young get even more over

PeepShow

The Gimmick sucks major asscrack, but I was just glad to see him not fall down to the pyro when he came out that second time. That shit was getting annoying as hell. Even made me not like him in a sense. So as long as he doesn't fall down any more, I could care less.

chessarmy

^ LOL. Yea, EY falling down was pretty annoying. I dont see whats wrong with the gimmick though, I mean...it does make sense. As I said, Eric was scared of the monsters so he came back (in a somewhat comedic way i guess) and kicked some monster ass! lol. Anyway, the gimmick may make sense but I guess I should wait until I actually watch Destination X before I can actually have a legit opinion on it. Speaking of Destination X, it just finished downloading so I'll watch it now!

btw, i didnt order Destination X because I wanted to save my money for Lockdown

RKOrton.

Reaction score
I actually liked his "stupider" gimmick :p . This will probably go on while he feuds with Reign and RelliK. Who knows, maybe it'll stick for a couple of years.

dstebbins

Reaction score
Well guys, if you hate the gimmick so much, why don't you just listen to crickets chirp when Super Eric comes out?

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well I didn't order the PPV so I can't really judge Super Eric yet, but Hurricane was pretty popular so I can see this working. People are still cheering Stone Cold Sharkboy, so I guess anything is possible.

HHHforever

Reaction score
I think TNA has enough blueberries running around with masks and capes they don't need Eric Young doing that too. I didn't mind Eric Young other than when he fell during his entrance everytime. Anyway from what I saw on the PPV this is another very Blue gimmick that they hopefully don't use anymore. I will say though that I didn't make the Hurricane connection and as you guys well know I traditionally bash TNA for gimmick infringement on the WWE. I don't know if this is supposed to be a rip off of the WWE, but in this issue I don't think it's that huge of deal and not nearly as much of a shot as Sharkfag.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I never see Eric Young having a serious gimmick so I don't care what his gimmick is. And as far as everything been a WWE rip off, if you think about it, WWE never originally had the idea. They ripped it off someone else. Just think about it

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
i think TNA just love copying WWE but they copy bad gimmicks and make their own bad gimmicks, curyman is a bad gimmick, sharkboy is a bad gimmick (with or without stone cold) and the Kurt and AJ storyline is stupid.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

rosewt01 said:
i think TNA just love copying WWE but they copy bad gimmicks and make their own bad gimmicks, curyman is a bad gimmick, sharkboy is a bad gimmick (with or without stone cold) and the Kurt and AJ storyline is stupid.

Man, do you really think that WWE invented the gimmicks of their wrestlers. WWE did not invent the ideas. I don't see how you can say TNA like copying WWE. WWE copied someone too.

The Ripper

Reaction score

TNA did not create Curryman or Sharkboy.

Sharkboy was around before TNA was even thought of.

And Daniels created Curryman whilst wrestling in japan.

As for them copying WWE you just need to face the fact that every company in the world will use a storyline/gimmick that is in someways the same as WWE because there is only so much you can do. It just happens to be that WWE is known worldwide and people remember them doing it more than anybody else doing it.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Well now that i've seen Super Eric...

Lmfao, go Eric! Save the day! XDDD

A picture perfect stereotype of the laughably overacted 60's superhero. I think he'll get over pretty quickly. He's funny as hell, and if people are laughing, people are growing fond of him, so people will enjoy watching him in the ring even after the humor aspect wears off. Just like Stone Cold Sharkboy.