Exclusive ROH DVD's to hit retail stores

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

"Blood Stained Honor" and "Stars Of Honor" to go retail!

Ring Of Honor and KOCH Vision have reached an agreement to release a series of exclusive ROH DVDs. The first two DVDs are set for an April 1st release in retail outlets nationwide.

"Blood Stained Honor" and "Stars Of Honor" will be the first two releases. Both DVDs will be 180+ minutes and feature new commentary tracks on some classic matches. As a bonus the packaging will include a ROH limited edition trading card. There will be six cards total. The suggested retail price will be $14.98.

"This is an exciting opportunity for Ring Of Honor," ROH President Cary Silkin said. "This will make the ROH product very accessible to a whole new audience. We are very proud of both these DVDs and feel they will be great for any new or longtime ROH fan."

"Blood Stained Honor" will feature the violent side of ROH with some of the most crimson covered contests in ROH history. The match listing has:

-Samoa Joe vs. Jay Briscoe in a Steel Cage - 3/13/04 (features new commentary)
-The Second City Saints (CM Punk and Ace Steel) vs. the Prophecy (Dan Maff
and BJ Whitmer) in a Chicago Street Fight - 7/24/04 (features new commentary)
-CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave in a Dog Collar match - 5/07/05
-Generation Next (Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Jack Evans, and Matt Sydal)
vs. The Embassy (Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, Abyss, and Prince Nana) in Steel
Cage Warfare - 12/3/05
-Colt Cabana vs. Homicide in a Ghetto Street Fight - 2/25/06
-Team ROH (Samoa Joe, Adam Pearce, and BJ Whitmer) vs. Team CZW (Chris Hero,
Super Dragon, and Necro Butcher) - 4/22/06
-Colt Cabana vs. Jimmy Jacobs in a Windy City Death Match - 2/24/07
-Kevin Steen and El Generico vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe in a Boston Street Fight - 8/10/07

"Stars Of Honor" looks at how some of wrestling best known names fared in ROH. When pro wrestlers want to showcase their skills with no restrictions and limitations they come to ROH. "Stars Of Honor" will feature:

-Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk - 12/4/04 (features new commentary)
-Homicide vs. Antonio "MVP" Banks - 2/19/05 (features new commentary)
-James (Noble) Gibson vs. Roderick Strong - 4/2/05 (features new commentary)
-Bryan Danielson vs. Brian "Spanky" Kendrick - 4/2/05 (features new commentary)
-Matt Hardy vs. Homicide - 8/12/05
-Matt Hardy vs. Roderick Strong - 8/13/05
-Christopher Daniels vs. Christian Cage - 7/29/06
-Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal vs. Low Ki and Homicide - 8/13/05
Bonus material:
-The History of Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk
-Larry Sweeney confronts Bruno Sammartino
-Mick Foley and CM Punk promo

We'll have more details in the upcoming months as new ROH DVDs hit a retail store near you!!!

Credit: ROHWrestling.com

Montana

Great move i think. Now we will just have to wait and see if all major retailers will carry them. Both look great, perhaps a Best of ROH DVD in the future.

therazar

Reaction score
Great move i think. Now we will just have to wait and see if all major retailers will carry them. Both look great, perhaps a Best of ROH DVD in the future.

That would be a hard dvd to decide the best of ROH for sure Samoa Joe VS Kenta Kobashi would be there but are they allowed to use Samoa Joe and like CM Punk? I guess if wwe can do the razor ramon and diesel thing they can but anyones will this be like best buy and wal mart? also i think theres a few shows they should put up there like.

Man Up- best ppv of the year
Death by Dishonor with COD- the card was stacked aj styles danielson samoa joe chris hero
and some dvds like the one vs dragon gate and hell freezes over all great show and maybe some best of American Dragon

Soulpower

ROH owns all the videos and footage of the CM Punk matches, so they can post any match that took place under the ROH banner. They shouldn't have any problems with TNA or WWE for putting out the DVD's.

J

Awesome...I don't like ordering stuff off the net...So i have no Roh dvds but now that there doing this i can pick me up some...

therazar

Reaction score
You know acutally this is going to be like there second dvd deal the distributed there first shows at like fye

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Good plan. One of them is the wrestling part of ROH, the other is getting credibility with the wrestlers that have been in ROH for a few matches. I'll be looking out for this one.

Soulpower

I'm pretty sure Best Buy will have aswell as all the other major retail stores.

Reaction score
You know this might be great publicity for ROH. Because in the bigger picture of things. ROH is not that well known!:red_bandana:

stryfe

Reaction score
I will be buying both of these DVDs even though I've seen most of the amtches

thefallisuponus

Reaction score
This is a horrible move on ring of honor's part. The age of the fall will save ring of honor from this evil corporate scheme.