Exclusive Photo Gallery: Evolve MMA Fighters Train for ONE Fighting Championship

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Bloody_Elbow_Photo_Gallery_Banner_large.jpg

Left to right: Mitch Chilson, Eddie Ng, Leandro Issa, Brian Choi, Radeem Rahman and Zorobabel Moreira.

Less than two weeks out from their ONE FC bouts, Evolve MMA Founder and CEO, Chatri Sityodtong was gracious enough to let me have a peek inside the training camp of the biggest and best gym in Asia. The team houses multiple world champions, and when I flew to Singapore, I had the privilege of getting a glimpse during the critical stages of their preparations.

"The Evolve Fight Team has had a tremendous 8 week camp for ONE Fighting Championship. The intensity levels has been off the charts because we understand how big the event is" Chatri Sityodtong told BloodyElbow.com, "We train 6 days a week, 2-3x per day depending on the the week"

"Some of our fighters are elite BJJ Black Belts, and so they try to improve in the other areas. Some of our fighters are world-class Muay Thai strikers, and so they try to improve in the other areas." he continued, "At Evolve MMA, we have world champions in Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing, and No Gi Grappling. Everything is in house, so it makes it very easy for the Evolve Fight Team to improve in every area of MMA."

I've been to several MMA gyms in Asia and a few in the US, and while I have always been impressed with their stacked roster of fighters, I just haven't seen anything that compares to how beautiful and complete Evolve is. I've already seen the photos online, but it just doesn't do justice to how good the 12,000 square foot gym looks. See for yourself, check out our exclusive gallery that features a training session with ONE FC fighters Mitch Chilson, Zorobabel Moreira, Leandro Issa, Eddie Ng, and Radeem Rahman, as they work with DREAM champion Shinya Aoki, and BJJ world champions Rodrigo Ribeiro and Alex Silva, among others.

All photos and editing are done by myself, Anton Tabuena. Do check back in a few days, and be on a look out for a separate gallery that features DREAM lightweight champion, Shinya Aoki as he prepares for his DREAM.17 bout against Rob McCullough.

Check out more ONE FC coverage.