Excited To Be Back In UFC, Fabricio Werdum Eyeing Overeem Rubber Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
After losing his spot in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix by dropping a lackluster decision to then-champion Alistair Overeem, Fabricio Werdum wasn't exactly sure what his future would hold under the new, Zuffa-helmed Strikeforce.

Turns out, his future there wouldn't last very long, but that's a good thing for the Brazilian jiu-jitsu ace, as he's now been absorbed - along with most of the rest of the Strikeforce heavyweight division - into the UFC. Waiting for Vai Cavallo there are a slew of new and interesting match ups, as well as a rubber match he highly desires against Overeem.

"When I'm fighting with Overeem, I don't know, because I trained a lot, I never stopped training, but two times the fight was canceled," Werdum explained to MMAPrime's Aaron Tru. "… Normally guys train three months, two months for camp, I'm training maybe six-seven months, never stopped the training. For sure I was overtraining with Overeem, because I have good gas every time. With Overeem, I don't know what happened, I had no power, I was tired."

With Werdum having tapped Overeem out in PRIDE, back in 2006, their fight record now stands at 1-1, leaving the door open for a rubber match, sooner or later.

"I have the opportunity now, next fight or I don't know win, to fight Overeem again. Because now, he win one time, I won the other time in PRIDE. I submit him, he didn't submit me, just decision. I want this fight. Maybe not now, but one day."

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Overeem beat the shit out of him, and I dont see it going any different in a 3rd bout.

I think he'll choke again on the big stage, probably not against Nelson, but the first puncher he meets will KO him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll be able to handle Big Country when they fight, but if he did have a 3rd fight with Allistair then yeah i agree with you.