Even Cena blames the lack of creativity on the PG rating.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
probably old
prowrestling.com said:
On Twitter, John Cena responded to a fan who asked whether he'd considering bringing back his old "rapper" gimimck. Cena said it's unlikely:

"Guys, I really appreciate the respect for the freestyle. It would have no home in today's environment. It would be a weak, watered down, rehash of something that was very fun to be a part of while it lasted. I still freestyle all the time, it just wouldn't be right for me right now, I really like the place where I am, and where WWE is."

Since that time was the height of his popularity you can speculate all you want from it. Is he using the PG rating as an out. Does he doubt himself after having a program with everyone in the company but is still lackluster and incapable of putting on a 5 star match?

Who the fuck cares about all that IMO. What's shocking is that even the most bland guy in the company is calling this PG era bland. Jeezus

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
your a fucking idiot if you think anyone here can troll me.

more posts in hiat, I bet it'll spur more activity too. Why separate angst and intelligence, Eric Bischoff would be pissed at the missed controversy opportunity

maty619

Reaction score
Hmmm, no one can troll on you, have you looked at your rep recently, I think that ticks all the boxes for the definition of trolling on someone.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Hmmm, no one can troll on you, have you looked at your rep recently, I think that ticks all the boxes for the definition of trolling on someone.

bad troll stop acting so fucking stupid

noumenon

Reaction score
How is he blaming anything on the PG rating? He said he liked where he and WWE as a whole is right now. All he said it that the freestyle would have to be held back on because of the PG rating... nothing else. Also that he wouldn't want to rehash a gimmick.
And how you could say that was the height of his popularity is insane, the guy is the poster boy for the company. Back then he was just starting to break into the main event.

maty619

Reaction score
I think you'll find you're the one acting stupid, read noumenon's post, it pretty much somes up my whole argument, you can't even get a thread title right.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
How is he blaming anything on the PG rating? He said he liked where he and WWE as a whole is right now. All he said it that the freestyle would have to be held back on because of the PG rating... nothing else. Also that he wouldn't want to rehash a gimmick.
And how you could say that was the height of his popularity is insane, the guy is the poster boy for the company. Back then he was just starting to break into the main event.

When he was freestyling is when WWE was receiving their all around ratings for the year His rap gimmick was such a success, that the WWE focused their entire company around him turned him into superman marine soldier then released the Marine in theaters. He was huge. Fall 2005, he entered a feud with Chris Jericho and that's what sparked the superman babyface getting boo'd.

So yeah height of his popularity seems justified, considering it wasn't cool to be a Cena hater until he lost the rap gimmick and went with his marine gimmick. Look at the latter half of 2004 Now if Ratings and the smarks were on Cena's cock in late 04 and practically all of 05. Yes he was at his height.

The question asks if he would ever go back to his rap gimmick and then he says his freestyle would be weak and watered. For a posterboy that's as much hate as you can get considering what that gimmick did for him. I doubt he likes his current gimmick. Every hardcore wrestling fan think he's a complete tool who once a month pulls off a decent promo even though he had 20 tries to do it.

His wrestling hasn't improved at all, so when you look at his skills you look at his mic work and all he did for four years was play the underdog role. Even though he was champion for a year he was still the underdog.. Why? It's not because he's tiny, or because he's hurt. It's because he's a bad wrestler and no one buys his rare sloppy dominant performance. This PG rating is an out for him.
If anything it shows his lack of character and heart. You would never see this from any 'superstar' post 2003

noumenon

Reaction score
Cena hate comes from smarks and older fans. People seem to completely forget that children do count in terms of popularity, regardless of their age. There are far more children today who are Cena fans than there were people laughing at his freestyles. In case you haven't noticed the company is still centered around him and it hasn't exactly imploded since he dropped the rapper gimmick.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
Cena hate comes from smarks and older fans. People seem to completely forget that children do count in terms of popularity, regardless of their age. There are far more children today who are Cena fans than there were people laughing at his freestyles. In case you haven't noticed the company is still centered around him and it hasn't exactly imploded since he dropped the rapper gimmick.

are you sure about that?

A dizty TNA company who has never posted a rating higher then 1.5 is able to make noise on Smark talk alone. Yes the general populace the one in question is the one fucking them up the ass, but the fact that they are even in this position stealing superstars like jeff hardy, RVD and ETC away speaks volumes on how much smarks are respected by the REAL wrestling community.

How the fuck did this happen? How did Vince lose his monopoly so easy? Where did all the other fans go, that they had to completely revamp their brand the past TWO YEARS. oh that's right, UFC either swayed them away or their giving TNA a try out. wonder why

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
He said nothing about the PG rating at all.

im fishing chess :fish2: it is in hiat afterall.

Him saying this DOES mean something though guys. Watch more da vinci code then read between the lines

noumenon

Reaction score
You pretty much just shut down your whole argument. If smark's and wrestling elitist's opinions mean so much then obviously TNA must be the far superior and higher rated company...
Oh no wait, that's still the PG rated WWE by a land slide.