Eugene to OVW

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PeepShow

Source: Wrestlezone

Nick Dinsmore aka Eugene is returning to his roots. Dinsmore will help groom the stars of tomorrow as he was named the new head trainer of Ohio Valley Wrestling's intermediate class. He is replacing Joey Matthews aka Joey Mercury in the position.

Ok, so that pretty much sums up why Mercury was in the TNA news this week as to go to TNA for BFG. Good to see Eugene in OVW. Keep him there.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
WOW... Mercury didn't last long as Head Trainer!

It's a shame really, because i was hoping he'd have another chance in the long run of having a shot in the WWE! If he goes to TNA i'll be fairly happy aswell, but of course he wouldn't be used correctly like a lot of other people!

phantomgerald

A waste of talent for Eugene though, he could be wrestling with a realistic gimmick and proving to people what he can actually do if he had a better gimmick. I guess OVW pays better.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
A waste of talent for Eugene though, he could be wrestling with a realistic gimmick and proving to people what he can actually do if he had a better gimmick. I guess OVW pays better.

Only Big-men get gimmick changes for the best in the WWE...

Viscera
Umaga
Mark Henry
Kane

Just to name a few... I can't think of that many "Small" People who have come back from ridicously shitty gimmicks to succeed! Gregory Helms is maybe 1 but they addressed that on-screen as it was part of an angle so technically it's not the same as them completely rehauling gimmicks & not mentioning about them & acting as though it's a complete diffrent person!

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
I liked Eugene's gimmick. That's why i wanted to see him get scared shitless by the boogeyman. Or maybe see Funaki & Eugene Vs. Mark Henry.

Barurot

Reaction score
The Eugene gimmick got stale, plus it didn't showcase the talents of Dinsmore to the maximum... Oh well...

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
You are not seriously saying that in a straight up fight Eugene could put up a better fight in a Eugene Vs. Henry match.
Henry could probably kill someone with one punch.

Barurot

Reaction score
You are not seriously saying that in a straight up fight Eugene could put up a better fight in a Eugene Vs. Henry match.
Henry could probably kill someone with one punch.

No, what I was saying was that you can only push a character so far with the Eugene gimmick, you won't see him past midcard status...

JHar888

Reaction score
Was Joey Mercury at BFG? Anyway, I'm so glad U-Gene was sent to OVW. Please WWE, don't let him get a promotion.

Rawkus Keyes

Reaction score
I was happy with Eugene at Midcard Status.
But then again why push him past it?
Eugene was a midcard who deserved to be a midcard pov with gimmick.

Henry is a midcard who is world championship material.

chavoheat

Reaction score
Doesn't the WWE's three strike policy reset itself after a wrestler has been fired and rehired?