Eric Bischoff is out! Bruce Prichard to take over.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Reactions: Geese

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I'll let Bryan Alvarez speak for me lol

Reactions: Grievous 3D

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score

You know what is hilarious? I remember members here going on & on
about how Bischoff was going to make Smackdown awesome & how
he and Heyman would lead the WWE into a "New Era" of success & all
I can do now is laugh.

Random Thoughts:
Smackdown dropped a million viewers in a week?

Wow...and it sounds like the draft was a train wreck as well...

Asuka & Kairi are Heels now? But they didn't actually have a heel turn?

"Kairi Sane is just the cutest things..." He isn't wrong...

Man...imagine Riho vs. Kairi Sane...that would be a total cuteness overload...

Natalya & Lacey Evans teaming up? They've been beating the piss out
of each other for a month or more...

Seth destroyed the Firefly Funhouse?

It truly does appear that the WWE is trying to "kill" whatever momentum
the Fiend had/has...not that I give shit because the Fiend is stupid as hell...

So Harper was nothing but a "Get out of Jail free" card when they lost
their nerve on the Bryan/Reigns feud/match...

Just release Harper you assholes...

Honestly...all I can do is ?

God I'm actually trying to ignore the WWE...but they fail so bad its hard to
look away.

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You know what is hilarious? I remember members here going on & on
about how Bischoff was going to make Smackdown awesome & how
he an Heyman would lead the WWE into a "New Era" of success & all
I can do now is laugh.

I was with you on that,too. Everything Bischoff has touched has been a monumental failure. And his 82 weeks beating Raw is not an exception as he had to mortgage the future of the company with tons of guaranteed contracts and giving everyone creative control in order to achieve any of the limited success WCW had. He fucked up TNA and I don't buy this "he wasn't in a position of control" BS either. He was and screwed up a good company. Why they put him in any sort of position to begin with it beyond me.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Everyone talks up Bischoff in TNA as a disaster, how much heat do we give Pritchard for that era? I loved 2012 TNA and 2013 TNA had its bright spots before CLUB BUSINESS took over - fuck the Pussies in Leather - and always having rock solid divisions for 1:45 on the show with one absolute garbage angle taking the rest of the time... Hard to know who did what

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Everyone talks up Bischoff in TNA as a disaster, how much heat do we give Pritchard for that era? I loved 2012 TNA and 2013 TNA had its bright spots before CLUB BUSINESS took over - fuck the Pussies in Leather - and always having rock solid divisions for 1:45 on the show with one absolute garbage angle taking the rest of the time... Hard to know who did what

I am not just giving Bischoff shit for it, it's just he was the topic at hand so I mentioned it. He may have not been the only person who made it crap, but he was involved and didn't do anything to make it better.

I am sure it was not Prichard's idea for Bischoff to insert himself in the TV show every week for a while, including wasting five minutes opening an episode by him playing guitar. I am sure that was Eric's idea and it was crap.

PS and I know replacing the six sided ring was Eric's idea because he admitted it.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I am not just giving Bischoff shit for it, it's just he was the topic at hand so I mentioned it. He may have not been the only person who made it crap, but he was involved and didn't do anything to make it better.

I am sure it was not Prichard's idea for Bischoff to insert himself in the TV show every week for a while, including wasting five minutes opening an episode by him playing guitar. I am sure that was Eric's idea and it was crap.

PS and I know replacing the six sided ring was Eric's idea because he admitted it.

That's definitely true. When Russo was in charge, obviously Hogan and Bischoff had a ton of control. It felt... Less so when Pritchard took over for him in 2011. When it comes to "that TNA angle" in 2012-2013, it's obvious who thought pushing Garrett Bischoff and Brooke Hogan was a good idea. Unless Pritchard had a call on Claire Lynch, that just means he had a lot of steady, rock-solid booking of Storm/Roode feuds, Aries' X-title reign, Joseph Park, Gail doing the best she could as Knockouts champ, the 2012 BFG Series being pretty freaking great, less overbooking and just a good TV show...

Come to think of it, didn't Eric admit to Aces and Eights too? Please stay away from WWE

Reactions: Vampire Quinn

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
TNA was fucked before Bischoff took over though. The financial decisions and overall booking and handling of superstars behind the scenes was awful and creative always had a huge struggle. Not saying Bischoff didn’t potentially make some things worse, but TNA was in a heap of shit and nearly closed down multiple times without people knowing. The only reason I know this, is because I know one of the guys who was head of their talent and creative division

Reactions: Snowman1

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
He's never really been in the driving seat even at WCW.

The rating drop wouldn't have been Eric's fault. Not having the Rock was.

Deadmanforever97

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo