England in no rush to find new manager

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
MJF1
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
BBC said:
England boss search may take two months - Sir Trevor Brooking

A new England manager may not be in place for another two months, says Sir Trevor Brooking.

The national side have been without a permanent boss since Fabio Capello resigned last month.

Under-21 coach Stuart Pearce took charge of the side for Wednesday's 3-2 friendly loss to the Netherlands.

"We're not in a rush," Football Association director of development Brooking told BBC Sport. "We have a couple of months to take it forward."

Brooking, who is one of four FA chiefs charged with appointing a new England boss, added: "I think we'll take our time, and try to make sure we're not locked into any particular time scale."

On Tuesday, Club England managing director Adrian Bevington, another member of the four-man committee, admitted the FA had not spoken to any candidates about succeeding Capello.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp remains the firm favourite for the job.

After fulfilling his caretaker duties for the friendly with the Netherlands, Pearce said he would be happy to take control for Euro 2012, but does not believe he is the long-term option.

Despite a disjointed performance against the World Cup finalists on Wednesday, Brooking didn't rule out Pearce's chances for the role full-time.

"He's made it clear, if we're in a situation where we want him to take it, he'd be only too pleased," said Brooking.

"He's done really well this week, and you can see his enthusiasm. He's relished the chance."

Brooking also reiterated the FA's desire not to disrupt club football at a crucial stage of the domestic season, saying there was "a lot of sensitivity with club football at the moment".

Meanwhile, Stoke City manager Tony Pulis urged the FA fill the post as quickly as possible.

And the Potters boss is in no doubt who the next manager should be.

"No disrespect to Stuart or anyone else, but I think Harry [Redknapp] should get the job. And I think the FA should do that as quickly as they can," he said.

The other two FA members who will recruit England's new manager are FA chairman David Bernstein and FA general secretary Alex Horne.

England kinda need a manager quick so he has time to settle in before the Euro's so I disagree here.