El Desperado undergoing meniscus surgery

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

El Desperado today announced on YouTube (English subtitles) that he was taking a leave of absence from the ring to have surgery to repair a media meniscus injury that has affected him for the last six months.

‘Everything from my back to my nipples has holes in after I wrestled Chris Brookes yesterday, but this is nothing to do with that,’ joked the Best of the Super Jr. winner before explaining that when the ‘adrenaline switch’ should be on during his matches, working around the injury was preventing that and that he wanted to be at his strongest ‘giving absolutely all I can’. Desperado cited winning the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship on night one of the New Japan Soul series only to lose it right at the end of the tour to DOUKI as a message that surgery was the right call.

Desperado stated that with the G1 Climax seeing heavyweights take center stage, everything aligned for him to take time off after wrestling Chris Brookes. Desperado stated that he still gave it all he had in the first half of the year and was satisfied with his performance, but with a view to continuing to operate at ‘over 100%’ the time had come to take surgery and take an indefinite leave before returning ‘to take the title back, win next year’s Best of the Super Jr. and do more things to inspire’.

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Despy has been going at it balls to the Wall for quite awhile now I'm not shocked to see him get his number called. I hope he has bigger goals than winning the BOSJ rather moving up to Heavyweight and seeing what you can do there. You've done all you can within the Junior Division I feel.