Edge talks in-ring future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
087_raw_02202023ca_26289--fe32ab72e41071bbbc937e0dd7295b00.jpg

Edge believes he might only be able to perform at an elite level for another year.

The 49-year-old was a guest on Logan Paul's Impaulsive podcast recently and was asked how much time his in-ring career has left.

Edge responded:

I don't want to stick around to the point where it's like, 'Oh, there he is,' you know? 'Like, oh okay, we'll give him the courtesy cheer.' I don't want to get there.
When I come out now, I feel the explosion, I feel all of that to throw at them and that's still there. I don't know if that, for me, would ever go away but I feel like in this last run like the Rocky Balboa movie, which I watched two nights before my comeback and I was in tears because Stallone's monologues in it were all things that were going through my mind and I realized I got to get this out of the basement because I didn't have the chance to end it the way I wanted to. This time, I'm going to get to do that and now I got two little girls that I gotta spend the rest of my life taking care of.
I got a little wish list of things that are still to do but it's not long and neither is the time. I think at most I might have another year in me to be able to do it at this level and still be able to do it at an elite level where I can still hang. I gotta get in there with Austin Theory, who is 25 and he wasn't born when I had my first match for WWE.
I want to be sitting on my mountain and watching you guys do your thing and just going, 'Good for them.'

Edge addressed his potential retirement during an unaired promo segment from an episode of Raw in his hometown last year. He defeated Damian Priest in the main event of the August 22, 2022, show from Toronto's Scotiabank Arena. After the match, he told the live crowd that WWE often runs a show from Toronto every summer and teased that his last match could take place when the company returns in 2023. WWE has an episode of SmackDown scheduled for Toronto on August 18.

Edge has won multiple Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards throughout his career. These include Match of the Year in 2002 for his bout with Rey Mysterio against Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit at No Mercy 2002. He and Christian were also voted Tag Team of the Year in 2000.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP