Edge face turn

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

noumenon

Now this is a SERIOUS assumption and perhaps me reading into things a little too far. I didn't really want to put this in the General WWE discussion because I'm not sure if it really holds much water.
WWE Shop just put up a new Edge shirt. The shirt is simple an arm holding a heart and Edge's "RISE ABOVE" banner tattoo. Now I know this is a far leap but it really does seem like quite a "face" design and motto to put on a heel's shirt. And the ripped out heart could symbolize whats about to transpire with him and Vicky. (For those of you who listen to In Flames it really reminds me of the Come Clarity coverart). It's a pretty big departure from "CRUDE, LEWD AND TATTOOED" and "IT'S EASY BEIN' SLEAZY"
In a way I'm really thinking it could be possible. Over the past few weeks Edge really hasn't been doing all that much to gain heat, with the exception of being with Vicky. With the very strong possibility of Edge moving over to RAW with the draft upcoming I'm wondering if there would be room for him to work as a top heel...with Orton obviously taking priority over him on RAW. I truly think as amazing as Edge is as a heel he might be able to pull off the cocky asshole face for a short time...much like Jericho

So what do you guys think...am I taking this one too far or could it be possible?

PeepShow

Possible. And it wouldn't be a bad idea. Edge has been stale for so long now it isnt even funny. Only weird thing is that the text on the shirt looks EXACTLY like a CM Punk text, not to mention the heart on it. Tag team please.

LKP

I said this before i know he might turn face soon. But i want him to stay like he is but a heel. Keep edge the way he is make him run from one side of ramp to another like he did when face and that's it a face edge lol.
Peep edge and punk as a team would f***ing rule

noumenon

^LMAO! I said the same exact thing. I honestly think that's all he'd need. That to crack one of his old school jokes on someone. The end...bad ass face Edge. He could still keep the Rated R gimmick. Perfect.

Kaedon

Reaction score
HUGEly wrong assumption bro, sorry.

noumenon

Yeah, as I said... I'm just interpreting a fuckin t-shirt..lol. It caught my eye and I found it pretty interesting and read into it a bit.
So are you saying...fuck it, it's just a shirt. Or are you interpreting it differently?

To be truthful... I honestly think it's just another WWE shirt design without any thought put into it. But if I did read into it...that's what I'de draw from it. PRE MANIA, anyway.

LKP

Edge is getting very very very stake and quickly. This Vickie thing has made him look so stupid and weak. I think the face/ i don't give a crap edge will appeal more to fans. I say spear show and spear Vickie and start acting more face edge but not changing to much. I think he pops will be massive now hes overcome the heel dude. Its fresh and it can work if he feuds with big show now.

noumenon

Yeah, a spear to both Big Show and Vicky will be a nice start.
BAM...spear on SHOW.. Vicky starts screaming.
BAM...spear on Vicky.. Edge looks down and Vicky with his old smirk...instant pop.

xtremebadass

I would never make an assumption off a t-shirt, but face Edge would be a refreshing change of pace.

LKP

He is bound to turn soon. There is nothing left for him as a heel he has fought everyone as it is. As a face he can fight Orton, y2j, big show, Morrison(cant wait), swagger and possibly team with christian.

LKP

Who said tweener edge? I didn't a face edge would be sweet and they can relate back to who was weak link in Rated RKO.

MikeRaw

Gotta move this to the WWE section. It's really nothing to do with news at all. And actually it would be more suited there...
But I don't think it really means anything. I tjhink it's just a slogan,a nd ya, it has a bit of a face ring to it, but I doubt we'll see anything face come of it. Tweener is a possibility, but I even doubt that.

CT Styles

IF the shirt was correct and he WAS turning face. Would that mean he's turning face to make room for a new top heel on SmackDown? (Jericho or Orton)

That's IF though; I wouldn't base anything off a t-shirt. I doubt they'll turn him face.

Wordlife

I would love to see Y2J or Orton jump to SD and HHH go to Raw, and have Orton feud with Edge with Edge being face... that would be pure ratings imo.... throw Christian in there too