Eddie Murphy To Host the 84th Academy Awards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has been confirmed that Eddie Murphy will host the 84th Academy Awards which will be held on the 26th of February 2012. I found it surprising that this will be his first live stage show since RAW which was almost 25 years ago. I hope that he can find the same edge, obviously he will need to be a bit more PG, that he had back then and hopefully he will actually be funny unlike some recent hosts.

I am an Eddie Murphy fan and so I have high expectations for this. It is good that they are using a stand-up comedian again rather than trying to use actors who aren't funny. I normally watch the show and this year I will definitely be tuning in.

What do you think of Eddie Murphy hosting the Oscars? Will you watch it this year?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This has bad written all over it nobody has to look further than his past 5 movies to figure that out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
True his recent movies have been horrific but I am hoping that he can find his spark for this and get back in the groove. If he dresses up as five different people then we are in trouble.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Last half decent movie was 2002. Last Decent adult movie not even in the decade.