Eddie Kingston talks CM Punk return, G1 tournament, more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
10_christopher_daniels_vs_eddie_kingston_2023_03_31_roh_002.webp

Eddie Kingston has commented on CM Punk's return to AEW.

Speaking to the NY Post ahead of tonight's Forbidden Door pay-per-view, Kingston said he was not surprised with how Punk handled his return on the debut episode of AEW Collision last week.

Kingston said:

He did it his way and that’s the way [he] wanted to do it. I expected it. I knew it was happening, knowing Punk and what he thought was right for him. That’s it. I see the reports. I see the clickbait on YouTube. But the locker room is not divided, not the people I hang out with. Punk’s gonna do what Punk does and if whatever Punk does helps this company, no one can say anything.

Kingston continued to say that the people he spends time with backstage have not been impacted by Punk's return.

Not me, man. Not my crew of people I hang out with. Maybe there’s that one percent that are bothered but the people I chill with, they’re good. They don’t care.
Kingston will team with The Elite to face The Blackpool Combat Club on Sunday's pay-per-view from Toronto. Later this summer, he will enter his first G1 Climax. Kingston spoke to the NY Post about how excited he is to be in the tournament:

I worry every time I go to sleep I’m going to wake up and it’s not true and it’s all a dream. That’s how worried I am about that. The first New Japan Wrestling match I really sat down and watched as a teenager was finals of the G1 in 1991 between Keiji Mutah and Mashiro Chono.
I always wanted to be in the G1 and to actually have it happen I kind of look around going ‘I can’t believe it’s real.’ I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop. I wake up one morning and they go, ‘Ha, ha we’re joking’ I’m also the kind of guy, ‘OK, cool this is a dream, but I’m also not going there to go ‘OK I’m here, beat me I’ll lose.’ I’m going there to win it.

Sunday will be Kingston's first match back after having hernia surgery in May. He hasn't wrestled since being defeated by his longtime rival Claudio Castagnoli at ROH Supercard of Honor 2023 on March 31.

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
"Not me, man. Not my crew of people I hang out with. Maybe there’s that one percent that are bothered but the people I chill with, they’re good. They don’t care."

Doesn't Eddie get on pretty well with the Elite too? Probs an indication whoever is going to Dave is not them (my hunch is Jericho)

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
"Not me, man. Not my crew of people I hang out with. Maybe there’s that one percent that are bothered but the people I chill with, they’re good. They don’t care."

Doesn't Eddie get on pretty well with the Elite too? Probs an indication whoever is going to Dave is not them (my hunch is Jericho)
I think, Eddie is in the mindset of you dont' fuck with or disrespect me, then we are cool, to be honest

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Also, cool fact the finals of the G1 in 1991 between Keiji Mutoh and Mashiro Chono is where you can first see the Bridging Double Chickenwing from Muto aka the cattle mutilation that DB does

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I dont think its jericho , i thinks its some meaningless underling telling dave some major stars seem mad n they getting clapped back this time

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler