Eddie got mentioned in that intro but Chris didnt

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BrockLesnarFanForLife

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
At the start of Raw where that package was first to air and they showed a clip of HHH crying and saing something about Eddie and this got me thinking there was no mention of any kind about Chris Benoit just goes to show Chris never excisted in WWE what he did by murdering his family has wiped him from WWE memory forever and so he should he doesnt deserve any exposure. Some people will still say he was the greatest technical wrestler of all time but take that away and all you will see is a murderer. Just thought id say this. Im glad Eddie got a mention in the intro as he was a huge part of WWE just a shame he died the way he did

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
no shit sherlock

I don't remember them naming Owen, Pillman, Umaga, or a bunch of other guys either.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
BrockLesnarFanForLife said:
...has wiped him from WWE memory forever and so he should he doesnt deserve any exposure.

Yet here he is, getting exposure by his lack of exposure on TV being mentioned in a forum.

:facepalm1:

Reactions: Snowman1

Ironman666

Jobber
Reaction score
Benoit deserves no recognition whatsoever he's a cowardly piece of shit that is better of dead

Fuck him

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Benoit deserves no recognition for his success etc. - He never will be recognised again for a selling point...
However things that aren't for marketing things he can be mentioned.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Jonathan said:
Benoit deserves no recognition for his success etc. - He never will be recognised again for a selling point...
However things that aren't for marketing things he can be mentioned.

That didn't make sense. Benoit will not be mentioned by WWE.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
That didn't make sense. Benoit will not be mentioned by WWE.

Benoit has already been mentioned since what happened.

As long as it's not to gain something (i.e. a Benoit DVD generating money) they're allowed to say it, but not encouraged to.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they can mention Benoit when ever they want, it's just bad publicity to do so, which they obviously want to avoid. Feel free to link me to where it says it's only if it's for profit however, I'm always open to learning new things.

"It's not right to pretend he didn't exist.

It's one thing to include him as part of a historical perspective, which I believe is okay, and it's another thing to promote him, which is not okay.

The situation is very similar to that of O.J. Simpson—despite his controversy, O.J. was still a part of the NFL scene. You can't deny that he existed."

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240843

This quote says for example they choose not to promote him, not that they can't.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Seabs said:
I'm pretty sure they can mention Benoit when ever they want, it's just bad publicity to do so, which they obviously want to avoid. Feel free to link me to where it says it's only if it's for profit however, I'm always open to learning new things.

http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/240843

This quote says for example they choose not to promote him, not that they can't.

That's what I meant.

Thanks for finding that. I knew I read it along those lines. :dawg:

mark_htfc

Champion
Reaction score
I think the difference here between Eddie and Benoit is that Eddie died of natural causes, and Benoit was on steroids before getting warped in the head, eventually going on to kill his family and himself.

I think the main reason Benoit isn't mentioned is because steroids (at least I'm sure it was) played a bit part in his downfall and eventual suicide, and with the WWE suspended superstars for using them now, and trying to get away from the image, they try not to bring up the past of steroid abuse.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
mark_htfc said:
I think the difference here between Eddie and Benoit is that Eddie died of natural causes, and Benoit was on steroids before getting warped in the head, eventually going on to kill his family and himself.

I think the main reason Benoit isn't mentioned is because steroids (at least I'm sure it was) played a bit part in his downfall and eventual suicide, and with the WWE suspended superstars for using them now, and trying to get away from the image, they try not to bring up the past of steroid abuse.

If he had committed suicide only, I believe he would have still been mentioned but he committed two murders, that's PR suicide amongst morally incorrect IMO.