• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
eddiedennis.jpg

former NXT UK wrestler is stepping away from the ring.

Eddie Dennis retired from in-ring competition at Revolution Pro Wrestling's Revolution Rumble event in London on Sunday. Dennis said going into the show that he would retire if he didn't win the Revolution Rumble match.

Michael Oku won the Revolution Rumble. Dennis was eliminated by Connor Mills.

Dennis was released by WWE in August 2022. Most of the NXT UK roster was released at that time, with WWE announcing that NXT UK was ending in its current form and would become NXT Europe.

The 37-year-old Dennis was both a wrestler and a manager in NXT UK. He was part of the Symbiosis faction with Primate and T-Bone.

Dennis, who is from Wales, is a former PROGRESS Wrestling World Champion and Tag Team Champion.

PROGRESS tweeted about Dennis' retirement: "We didn’t want to believe the news, we didn’t think it could be true. The reality has set in and now we know this is the end. #ThankYouEddie We will forever party hard with your amazing memories from what you created with us at PROGRESS."

Before becoming a full-time wrestler, Dennis worked as a math teacher. "It was a risk giving up teaching altogether to pursue my dream," Dennis told the BBC in 2022. "It was pretty terrifying... I had a very much established a life, my fiancee and I had a mortgage. I was leaving that to go and wrestle independently."

• Sad
Reactions: Alexa

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Seems like almost everyone from the early days of progress per say are retiring. Man, had one of the coolest finishers

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Heard is a very nice bloke from a pal of mine who knew him personally. Always enjoyed watching Eddie and a shame he is retiring

Daddy Deville

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler