Ed Soares Talks Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Anderson-Silva-080710_0_large.jpg
Anderson Silva's manager Ed Soares was a guest on The MMA Insiders radio show hosted by Steve Cofield and Kevin Iole recently, and had some interesting things to say in regards to the long-expected Anderson Silva vs. Georges St. Pierre superfight that hasn't come to fruition as of yet. Will it ever happen? He leads off with talking about Anderson being the best, which segues into the Anderson/GSP talk:

"Anderson Silva has a chance to beat anyone in the world. I don't care what weight class you're in, you know. It's not an easy fight for anyone, whether it's heavyweight, light heavyweight, middleweight, and I believe if he really wanted to, he could probably even make welter if he had to. I don't know if he can or he would, but sometimes I believe he can."

Cofield jumped in right after that and asked if Anderson's camp has had anything to do with preventing the proposed fight with St. Pierre:

"There's nothing from our side that's preventing it. Pretty much to be honest with you, there's never been anything from our side from preventing any fight. We have our opinions but at the end of the day, whomever the UFC has put in front of us, we've always fought. We've never picked opponents. We might have had, you know, when they ask us what our choices are, we may have different choices or different opinions, but we've always fought whomever they've put in front of us. So if the UFC wants us to fight Georges St. Pierre, fine, you know. Anderson says 'hey, have him move up in weight, or we'll do a catchweight, whatever.' But it's really up to the UFC, not up to us."

I think Dana White might disagree with this statement considering the problems he just faced with Lyoto Machida (who is under the same management as Anderson), but in regards to Anderson himself this could very well be correct. The rest of the appearance discusses UFC 134 and his matchup with Yushin Okami, as well as a big endorsement deal that Silva recently signed with Burger King in Brazil. You can listen to the whole interview after the jump.