ECW - The Re-Birth

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Online OG

Reaction score
The year is 2006, and ECW One Night Stand has just come to a close with the results having just been posted on WWE.com

118khm0.jpg

After a couple of days, an executive decisions is made and Vince McMahon announces that ECW will be launched as the third brand of World Wrestling Entertainment. Paul Heyman is brought back into the pay roll, and given the role as General Manager.With the current WWE Champion being Rob Van Dam, a quick decision is made that has Van Dam vacate the title and made the ECW World Champion. The following former ECW wrestlers are signed to the brand:

Sabu
The Sandman
Tommy Dreamer
Terry Funk
Balls Mahoney
Justin Credible
Tony Mamaluke
Little Guido
Big Guido
Justin Credible
Super Crazy
New Jack
Spike Dudley
D-von Dudley
Bubba Ray Dudley

The following talent, is switched over from their respective brand to join Heyman on ECW:

Kurt Angle
Big Show
Bobby Lashley
Test
Psicosis
Renee Dupree
Kelly Kelly
Jazz

It is also announced that ECW will have freedom of control, and that Heyman will not be under any restriction's from Vince as there is a clear understanding that the product that is wanted is one which is as close to the original product as possible. For this reason, the program is target at an older audience and being given an R-Rating. The first ECW show card will be announce promptly it is stated on the website.

Online OG

Reaction score
ecw_logo.jpg

20th June 2006
Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City, New York

First Blood Match
Rob Van Dam vs. The Big Show

ECW World Title No1 Contendership Match
Fatal Four Way
Tommy Dreamer vs. The Sandman vs. Kurt Angle vs. Sabu

Bra and Panties Match
Kelly Kelly vs. Jazz

Ten Man Over The Top Battle Royal
Justin Credible vs. Tony Mamaluke vs. New Jack vs. Super Crazy vs. Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Renee Dupree vs. Test vs. Little Guido vs. D-Von Dudley vs. Pscosis

seX-Power

Didn't you just have a BTB, like called V-Wrestling or something? Anyway, this looks rather quickly put together and idk if it will last. The roster is pretty bad, with a lot of guys that can't work a good non-hardcore match. The R Rating is just pointless, unless you'll be having Chainsaw Massacre on a Pole matches. The first card has some good matches and depending on whether you're a good writer you should improve over time and make this work. Good luck.

-TJ-

I disagree with the bad roster Punk. Adding Angle, Dupree, Lashley, and Show will help out with the non hardcore matches. And many ecw wrestlers on that pre roster can wrestle good non hardcore matches. There is no need for a R-Rating, but you did just start a btb called V-Wrestling. So I don't know.

Good luck i guess.

CT Styles

Can't do anything concerning the old BTB because there's no moderator.

Unlike some people, I'm actually interested in this and will check it out. I like 2006 ECW. I'd recommend adding maybe some more talent; maybe like a Matt Hardy or Rey Mysterio? Good luck.

-TJ-

^ A Matt Hardy would fit perfectly in 2006 ECW. Along with that bring Tajiri back and you can have a tag division by adding the tag team of Tajiri and Crazy.

seX-Power

^ A Matt Hardy would fit perfectly in 2006 ECW. Along with that bring Tajiri back and you can have a tag division by adding the tag team of Tajiri and Crazy.

Actually now that you (well CT) mention it, that could work. Maybe I was a little too harsh with this and someone like a Matt Hardy could work, or maybe adding some of the ECW 2007 guys like Kevin Thorn, Elijah Burke or Marcus Cor Von would help. Tajiri would be good but Crazy already has Psicosis to team with. In that case I would recommend a tag title to have FBI, Dudleys, Mexicools and etcetera compete for, as well as a mid card title, although that may be overdoing it. RVD as champ is something I missed and is pretty epic. I do recommned getting more Divas though unless you're going to have Kelly vs Jazz every week.

-TJ-

Well with Thorn, Ariel will come, then add Trinity. Add some other Diva like Layla or something along that line and there you go.

Online OG

Reaction score
[Booker Note's]
Comments appreciated. I like my first card, and all your ideas are greatly appreciated.