ECW Preview: Not looking good for ECW originals.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CenaMark54

From wwe.com

Preview:
Ravings of a McMadman?
June 5, 2007
As demonstrated on Raw last night, Mr. McMahon has clearly been driven over the edge by his ECW World Title loss to Bobby Lashley. The unstable Chairman is also wreaking havoc on ECW, as he has arrived in Orlando, Fla. and will be on tonight's ECW on Sci Fi. He has ordered Lashley to defend the ECW World Title against Tommy Dreamer, Sandman and Balls Mahoney in an 3-on-1 Handicap Hardcore Match. There is speculation that if Dreamer, Sandman and Mahoney refuse to participate in the match, they, too, will suffer McMahon’s wrath or quite possibly be fired.

Could this be the end of the line for Sandman, Dreamer, and Mahoney?

Its just strange that they mentioned that they could be fired. It looks to me like they are thinning down the roster for the draft.

Truth

Reaction score
Thats gay, Dreamer doesnt even complain for as much as I know. Sandmans cool as hell too, but that match would be a disgrace. Not only would they never refuse that, but for Lashley to beat 3 ECW originals in a hardcore match is like Kahli beating Austin.

Soulpower

If they were to get fired... Dreamer would have an office job because he's a good friend of Shane's. I think Sandman could keep his job because he's over with the fans and he hasn't caused any trouble.. Balls can flounder as a low to mid-carder because he's better in the ring that the rest of the Originals.

Either way, Lashley overcomes the odds... Of the ECW originals. And I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
Man that would suck I like the Originols but sometimes you gotta give up your spot to the new people

This Guy

Um the whole they would be fired is the who if they defy mcmahon...its story purposes only not the wwe is really going to fire them. Dreamer and Balls are both in good with the company. I don't think either will be leaving anytime soon, unless they retire from active roster. They probably would still stay on as road agents either way. lol

3lions

Reaction score
Who really cares if the Originals are fired/leave? I sure as hell don't. It's not like this is the original ECW. The New ECW is a third brand of WWE and the Originals mean nothing to the show. Granted, having the originals appear (and have somewhat important roles) on the show, adds a sence of true ECW soul to the show, but they are in the way of the ECW truly taking shape.

None of them are great in the ring, nor are they amazing on the mic. They have served their purpose and put over the importance of the Original ECW and have been a good 'tool' in generating heat for the New Breed, but their time is up. Start some angle and remove them from the roster. Let the new ECW truly begin.