ECW: A New Generation

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Needed a change tbh. Figured I'd just edit this thread, because there isn't much difference between the this and my new BTB. I'll only be writing ECW, no longer Raw and Smackdown. Set after Wrestlemania 25.

----

Although ECW was all but snubbed at the Grandest Stage Of Them All, that definitely won’t be happening next year. The roster has been given a massive shake-up thanks to the annual draft, collecting established stars like William Regal and young guns like Dolph Ziggler, ECW is set to take the professional wrestling world by storm!

Extreme Championship Wrestling
A New Generation

General Manager: Theodore Long
Commentators: Todd Grisham & Matt Striker

ECW Champion: Jack Swagger Since January 12, 2009

Ali Creed
Chavo Guerrero
Curt Hawkins
David Hart Smith
Dolph Ziggler
Finlay
Jack Swagger
John Morrison
Ki
The Miz
Natalya - Valet Of The Hart Dynasty
Tyson Kidd
William Regal
Zack Ryder

Tag Teams/Stables/Alliances

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder
The Hart Dynasty (Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith)
The Miz & John Morrison

Moonlight Drive

ECW
Episode 1
April 7, 2009
Austin, Texas
Frank Irwin Center

Pyro explodes across the stage as the crowd leaping to their feet, brandishing their signs enthusiastically as the camera pans around the arena. We don’t go straight to the commentators this week, as ‘Ain’t No Make Believe’ plays over the speakers, former tag team champions The Miz & John Morrison walking out onto the stage and down to the ring before each grabbing a microphone, the crowd not showing much appreciation.

Morrison: Miz & Morrisonites the world over, we’re going to have to come clean. There’s been a lot of rumours flying around about what happened at Wrestlemania last night, and we’re here to clear all those up. You see, [nervous chuckle], last night…well we…

Miz: John, I’ll say it. W..w..w..We lost!

The crowd pop

Morrison: As hard as it is to believe, as fabricated as it sounds, it’s absolutely true. We’d like to personally thank each and every one of you for your letters and emails of concern, wondering if we had broken necks, shattered spines or missing limbs, since you were in such a state of shock that we actually lost a match

Miz: And for all you who did suffer trauma, stress or extended heart pain because our loss, you can go to mizandmorrison.com and share your pain with other sufferers

Morrison: But we’ve got to make sure you don’t feel sorry for us, because this is a blessing in disguise. The tag team championships were nice and all, but they were dragging us down. Now Miz & I can focus on what’s important; once again dominating the ECW landscape. Basically around here, we’re whales in some kind of miniature pond designed for much smaller fish than ourselves, and it’s time we went back to proving it rather than just talking about it.

Miz: That means all you Miz & Morrisonites can put away your umbrellas and raincoats, you no longer need to worry about Jack [puts on an over exaggerated lisp] Sthhwagger spraying spittle all over the front four rows because soon, the ECW Championship will be-

Before Miz & Morrison can continue, ‘Wake Up’ blares over the speakers, the ECW Champion, Jack Swagger coming down to the ring

Morrison: Sthpeak of the devil…

Swagger: Shut up, shut up both of you!

Miz: Sthay it don’t sthpray it

Morrison: Damn it, I just had this robe dry-cleaned (Dusts self off)

The crowd laugh as Swagger is visibly pissed off

Swagger: You think that’s funny? Really? You think I’m some kind of joke? You people in this arena are the biggest joke, you’re actually cheering for these two idiots. The funniest thing of all though is they’re acting like two year olds and they’re still probably smarter than all you fools in this arena here tonight put together!

The crowd throws some heat Jack’s way. As Swagger continues to speak, Morrison takes off his robe and he and Miz huddle under it, using it like an umbrella

Swagger: Now Mike, John, I’ve got something very important to tell you and you better focus really hard because this is important. Get this through your freaking heads: you lost last night. You don’t get to come out here and start acting as if you’re the top dogs, you go to the back of the line because Jack Swagger is the MAN on this show, and you better get used to it. Both of you are a disgrace to ECW, and neither of you will ever get a shot at my ECW Championship because you just aren’t good enough. If you can’t beat two scrawny little Puerto Ricans, what hope do you have of beating me, The All-American American, Jack Swagger? Your brains probably can’t comprehend that so I’ll answer it for you: ZERO

Miz: Good, he’s finally done

Morrison: Thank God, I thought that storm would never end! We’re gonna need some medics out here A.S.A.P., three people have drowned in the saliva of Jack Sthhhhhhwagger.

The crowd laughs yet again but as Swagger raises his microphone up to speak, the music of William Regal plays. The 2008 King Of The Ring comes down to the ring with a bitter look on his face, shaking his head in disgust as he enters the ring

Regal: Ugh, all three of you are absolutely appalling, I cannot believe that I, King William Regal, is forced to compete on a show where hoons like this are considered title material. I am quite honestly amazed that they let any of you onto this show and allow you to be in the esteemed presence of King William Regal.

Miz: [Puts on a weak British accent] Sorry we could not be more welcoming guvna, fancy some tea and [Take accent off and steps closer to Regal] an ass-whooping?

Regal: (chuckles condescendingly) Michael, you just made the biggest mistake of your life

Regal drops his microphone and all four men are cagy, prepared to fight at any moment. ‘McMillitant’ plays to a big pop across the arena as the ECW General Manager, Teddy Long steps out onto the stage

Long: Hold it, hold it right there playas. Now I know all of you want a shot at that belt, but that’s gonna have to wait a little bit. Y’see, ECW doesn’t have a Main Event tonight and you boys have just giving me a great idea. Tonight in our Main Event, the team of William regal & ECW Champion, Jack Swagger will face John Morrison & The Miz!

The crowd cheer for the big match announcement as we go backstage and see one of tonight’s debutants strutting down the hallway with a huge smile on his face, Ali Creed. As he goes down the hallway, he air swings and talks himself up, shouting things like ‘Chavo’s going down’ and ‘I am the best, I am THE BEST!’.

Striker: The exciting Ali Creed goes one-on-one with Chavo Guerrero, right after this short commercial break

[Commercial Break]

When we return, we see Creed walking down the rampway, hugging fans and high-fiving them as he goes to the ring. Ali is wearing red, white and blue trunks with a pair of gloves similar to the ones Undertaker wears, except bright red.

Grisham: I’m really excited about this guy right here Matt, Ali Creed has been given a big wrap from all the guys backstage

Striker: I’ve seen him wrestle a few independent matches and let me tell you Todd, he impressed me right away. He’s got all the skills and confidence to go right to the top of ECW and I for one expect him to

Grisham: But Chavo Guerrero is no slouch, he’ll have some stiff competition for his debut match.

Striker: Both of these guys have a lot to prove tonight but only one of them will be able to show they belong here on Tuesday nights

Ali Creed vs. Chavo Guerrero

The crowd seems pretty indifferent as the contest begins, since they haven’t seen Ali before and nobody’s cared about Chavo in a while. The two go to lock-up but before they can, Guerrero slaps Creed right across the face. Ali doesn’t take too kindly to this, replying with a right hook to the jaw of Chavo, although the crowd still isn’t that into him. The Mexican Warrior is soon to his feet and Creed tries to Irish whip him into the ropes, Chavo instead countering and tossing Ali into the ropes. Guerrero bends down prematurely and Creed takes advantage spinning and flipping simultaneously, leaping over the back of Guerrero. The crowd pop for this, but pop even louder when Creed delivers a picture perfect jumping enzuigiri to the back of Chavo’s head. Guerrero hit’s the mat but is once again chick to rise back up, Creed wowing the fans once again with a rolling thunder clothesline, Chavo tumbling back into the corner. The crowd visibly motivates Ali, sprinting over to the corner, attempting a clothesline. The veteran Guerrero has it scouted though, dodging the move before swiftly moving around Creed and hitting him with a german suplex.

Chavo climbs to his feet sneering, before delivering a series of quick, unforgiving stomps to the upper body of his adversary. Guerrero then pulls Creed up to his feet and puts him into a front facelock and delivers a vertical suplex. The Mexican Warrior is far from done rolling through for a second and finally a third suplex before covering Creed. One, Two - No! The crowd gives a little pop at the kickout, although Chavo visibly doesn’t share the sentiment. He gets up to his feet and begins to argue vigorously with the referee for quite some time before deciding it wasn’t worth it and climbing to the top rope. His argument though had been a big mistake, Creed back to his feet and full of gusto, moving forward and shaking the ropes, before delivering a frankensteiner to Guerrero! The crowd are on their feet now after seeing the amazing move as Ali steps onto the apron. He points out to the crowd and winks before springboarding off the top rope and catching Chavo with a one-handed bulldog. The crowd is really behind Creed now as he lifts Chavo back to his feet and delivers three left jabs to the face. The Mexican Warrior swings at Creed but the incredible athlete does the splits and dodges the move, before catching Guerrero off-guard with a right hook. Ali does a quick shuffle before beating his chest to some more fanfare, placing Guerrero on his shoulders and delivering a TKO! One, Two, Three!

Ali Creed wins by pinfall

Striker: I told you Todd, VERY impressive

Grisham: You were right about that Matt, and it seems Ali has not only won over you, but a lot of our ECW fans as well

Striker: He connects with the audience AND can get in done in the ring, Ali Creed is the total package

Striker: He definitely didn’t win over Chavo Guerrero though; this was not the return the Mexican Warrior had hoped for

Chavo begins to once again argue with the referee (when he comes to of course) as Ali goes outside and celebrates with the fans. He leans on the barricade and looks into the camera, a bunch of fans getting in close with him and places one figure up yelling ‘One and O baby!’ as we go to commercial

[Commercial Break]

As we return to ECW, we see Natalya standing in the ring alongside Tyson Kidd, both with microphone in hand. The crowd gives a little bit of heat as Tyson begins to speak.

Kidd: Now tonight me and Nat are out here for a different reason than usual. We won’t be continuing to beatdown the entire ECW roster because tonight we have something even more exciting.

Natalya: Although you people are unworthy of such an honour, tonight you’ll be a part of history. You will look back on tonight and realize that it was the highlight of your crummy lives and nothing will ever amount to the adrenalin and brilliance of this one moment. For the rest of your life, you will cherish the day that you got to see the beginning of The Hart Dynasty.

Kidd: You’ve heard about him, you’ve read about him but now you get to finally see him. Let me present to you none other than one of the greatest wrestlers in the entire world today, my best friend, David Hart Smith!

‘Hitman’ plays as the huge man known as David Hart Smith walks out onto the stage, wearing the same styled tights as Tyson Kidd. He keeps a stern look on his face as he marches down to the ring, embracing Natalya and then Kidd when he gets into the ring. Smith is passed a microphone by the timekeeper, the crowd beginning to give him a little heat by association.

Smith: What Nattie and Tyson said is 100 percent true. You people will never forget this night, you will never forget this moment. We are The Hart Dynasty and you will bow down to us whether you like it or not.

Kidd: Matter of fact, by the team we’re done every man and woman in the entire WWE will be bowing down to the might of The Hart Dynasty. We’re starting here on ECW, but by the time we’re finished we will have surpassed ever wrestler in the history of this great sport.

Natalya is now about to speak when we hear ‘In The Middle Of It Now’. Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder walk out onto the stage, looking very different than usual. They both have had their hair cut short, styling it with an obnoxious amount of gel. They’re clean shaven and are both wearing jeans, collared shirts covered by a jacket and bright red cravats. They step into the ring and both grab microphones.

Hawkins: Ugh, stop right there!

Ryder: Are you three serious? Pink tights? Just because you guys came out of the closet doesn’t mean fashions from the 90s need to as well!

Hawkins and Ryder look at each other then high five and saying off the mic, ‘Woo, burnnnn’

Natalya: (very angry) Who the hell do you two think you are? You can’t just come out here and insult The Hart Dynasty!

Hawkins: Jeez Louise, calm down there tiger.

Ryder: Ty, you’ve really gotta get a leash on that boyfriend of yours.

Hawkins: You’re such a bitch Zack. Thes-

Natalya interrupts by deliver a hard slap to the face of Curt, who has a rather shocked look on his face

Hawkins: OMFG, that was harder than Davey gets over Ty’s short shorts

Hawkins and Ryder attempt to high five again, but The Hart Dynasty have had enough of Hawkins & Ryder ruining there moment. Kidd slams his forearm into the side of Ryder’s head while David clotheslines Curt down to the mat. Natalya cheers Kidd & Smith on as they ground and pound their respective adversaries. David then lifts Hawkins up and calls for The Hart Attack, Kidd rebounding off the ropes and The Hart Dynasty connecting with the move. They kick Hawkins and Ryder down under the bottom rope, all three members smiling and raising their hands in the centre of the ring

Striker:
The party was almost ruined by a new look Hawkins & Ryder, but it looks like The Hart Dynasty won’t have their moment ruined

Grisham: They’ve certainly given me a moment I’ll remember

Striker: I’m expecting big things from these three, but I’m sure Hawkins & Ryder will want a piece of them after what just happened

[Video Hype: The first ever ECW Saturday Night Extreme, live May 2, 2009 from the Staples Center, Los Angeles, California]

Striker: That’s right, 2 hours of ECW that will showcase the biggest, baddest and boldest of the ECW roster leaving it all in the ring

Grisham: I’m sure it’ll start one hell of a tradition Matt. But right now, it’s tradition taking on the new wave; veteran Finlay taking on up-and-comer Dolph Ziggler

Striker: Dolph had a few minor successes on Raw, but it’s time to show he belongs here on ECW against the toughest man on our roster, Finlay

Dolph Ziggler vs. Finlay

Ziggler is extremely quick of the mark, as Finlay is placing his shillelagh in the corner, Dolph charges forward and knees Finlay in the side of the ribs before the bell has even rung! Ziggler continue his assault with a series of clubbing blows to the upper back of Finlay, then an Irish whip into the ropes. Dolph is over eager though and makes a rookie mistake, bending over to early for a back body drop and gets kicked in the face by his adversary. Ziggler falls back onto the mat but is quick to get to his feet, only to end up on the receiving end of one of Finlay’s jaw shattering clotheslines. Dolph slowly begins to climb onto his feet but as he gets into a kneeling position he sees his opponent once again charging towards him, this time delivering a stiff boot right to the facial features. Ziggler reels backwards as Finlay covers. One, Two - No! Dolph kicks out.

Dave doesn’t give Ziggler a moment to breath before whipping him across the ring to the turnbuckle. The Fighting Irishman charges forward, looking to dig his shoulder deep into the abdomen of his young adversary. Ziggler though has the move scouted and steps out of the way, Finlay soaring into the steel turnbuckle shoulder first with a sickening splat which echoes throughout the arena. Dolph seizes the opportunity and pulls Finlay out quickly before spinning him around and shoving him shoulder first into the turnbuckle. Dave clutches at his injured appendage in pain but he receives no rest to recuperate, the up-and-coming Ziggler hammerlocking Finlay’s arm before transitioning into a back suplex, causing Dave to crash down onto his shoulder! Dolph makes the cover, but can only get a two count out of the tough Irishman.

Ziggler is irritated but knows he has to stay on Finlay or the wily veteran will take advantage. Dolph rolls his adversary onto his back, hitting a sequence of several knee drops to the weakened joint before placing Finlay in an armbar submission. The Belfast Brawler has a grimace of pain on his face but refuses to tap. Dolph keeps the hold locked in with shades of Chris Jericho, screaming at the referee ‘Ask him! Ask him!’ The Fighting Irishman still refuses to give in, the crowd begins to start a ‘Finlay’ chant to try and will their favourite in the match. It seems to work as Finlay uses all the strength he has left to move over to inch over to the ropes. Ziggler releases at the 4 count, Finlay pulling himself under the bottom rope and to the outside with his healthy arm.

Ziggler taunts the crowd and they throw some heat his way. Eventually Dolph stops taunting and attempts a baseball slide, but to no avail. Finlay pulls out the ring apron and Ziggler is trapped under it! The Belfast Brawler then begins to kick and punch the vulnerable Dolph with his free arm, beating the shit out of him for the lack of a better term. Suddenly, a gigantic man dressed in tracksuit pants and a white singlet emerges from the crowd. He has fiery red hair and a fiery red beard and is very pale. The man charges forward and slams his forearm into the temple of Finlay, causing the referee to call for a disqualification.

Finlay wins by disqualification

The mysterious man continues to stomp on the body of the Belfast Brawler, before mounting him and delivering shot after shot to the face.

Grisham: Who is this man?

Striker: I have no idea, but I’m definitely not asking him!

The man continues to beat on Finlay before he finally lifts him up to his feet, throwing him into the steel steps shoulder first. The assault isn’t over yet though, the mysterious attacker lifting Finlay up and delivering a sickening Black Hole Slam on the floor! The man then leaves back again through the crowd, even Dolph Ziggler looking on in shock as EMT’s come down to ringside to attend to Finlay

Grisham: What was that all about?

Striker: I’m not sure, but there is one thing I know for sure, Finlay won’t take this lying down. I’m sure that man will get what’s coming to him one day very soon, courtesy of the Belfast Brawler.

[Commercial Break]

Striker: Welcome back to ECW folks

Grisham: We’ve just received news that although he is in a lot of pain, Finlay thankfully hasn’t sustained any serious injuries and will be back here next week

Striker: Guess that’s just the luck of the Irish

Local talent, Brandon Gardner, stands in the ring warming up. No music plays, but Ki still walks out and begins his walk to the ring. The way he moves is almost animalistic as he quickly moves down to the ring, not taking his eyes of his opponent for one second. Ki steps into the ring and the bell rings.

Ki vs. Brandon Gardner

As he enters the ring Ki wastes no time on his assault. He immeadiately charges forward, catching Gardner off-guard with a rolling wheel kick, sending the local talent back into the turnbuckle with a thud. As Gardner stumbles forward he’s once again caught with another devastating kick, this time a roundhouse to the side of the head. Brandon drops to the mat but sits up into a seated position as his opponent sprints towards him. It appears as if Ki is going to deliver a shining wizard, but his foot goes over the head of Gardner. This is actually not good for Gardner, as Ki hits a spinning roundhouse to the back of his head. The local talent drops like a sack of bricks, appearing to be out cold as collapses to the mat, flat on his back. Ki could pin his adversary here, but decides he just wants to inflict more punishment. He ascends to the top rope, before leaping off and stomping stiffly down onto the chest of Gardner. Brandon rolls over onto his side, beginning to cough up blood from the high impact stomp to his chest. Ki viciously lifts him up to his feet and then lifts him up into the air, sending Gardner back down crashing to the mat with a Fisherman Buster. One, Two, Three!

Ki wins by pinfall

Ki is far from finished though, as far wipes his hand across some of the blood which has seeped onto Brandon’s chest, wiping it across his own chest and raising his arms high into the air the crowd giving him a little bit of heat as they see medics attend to Gardner, Ki walking backstage.

Striker: Well…I don’t know what to say

Grisham: I’m sure Ki has left many speechless after that brutal debut

We quickly head backstage where we see Eve Torres following after Ki.

Eve: Ki, Ki!

Ki stops and turns around, Eve catching up and the camera panning around to see Ki, still with a vicious look on his face and the blood across his chest.

Eve: I was just hoping we could get your thoughts on that win

Ki stands still, not moving a muscle. He then simply turns around and leaves, Eve rather shocked.

Eve: Um, back to you guys I guess

Grisham: Guess he’s not the talkative kind

Striker: His actions speak a hell of a lot louder than words ever could

‘Wake Up’ plays, the ECW Champion stepping out onto the stage for his match

Grisham: Our Main Event is coming up right after the break, stay tuned folks

[Commercial Break]

When we return, William Regal and Jack Swagger stand in the ring talking strategy as ‘Ain’t No Make Believe’ plays, The Miz & John Morrison walking down to the ring to a pop, although there’s still some audible heat.

Striker: The former tag team champions have seemed to gain a lot of new fans tonight

Grisham: Adulation is the last thing they’re thinking about I assume, they’ve gone a big challenge ahead of them

Striker: The Miz & John Morrison are tag team specialists, but they’ve never faced a team as formidable as William Regal & Jack Swagger

Main Event
The Miz & John Morrison vs. ECW Champion, Jack Swagger & William Regal

The two men who start the match are The Guru Of Greatness, John Morrison and ‘King’ William Regal. They lock-up, Regal the first to get an advantage, placing Morrison into a headlock. The Shaman Of Sexy forces Regal into the ropes before whipping him across the ring, catching him with a heel kick to the jaw on the rebound. John now pulls Regal up by the arm over to his corner, tagging in The Miz. Morrison holds William’s arms behind him, Miz delivering a hard right hand to his vulnerable gut, the smack resonating throughout the arena as Regal falls to the canvas. The Miz and John Morrison continue the quick tags as The Shaman Of Sexy is tagged back in, Miz lifting up the head of Regal into a seated position, John bouncing off the ropes and sending his knee directly into the facial features of William Regal. The Guru Of Greatness covers, but only manages to get a two count out of his opponent.

Morrison points to the turnbuckle and gets a pop from the crowd, so he climbs up and prepares for a moonsault. The ECW Champion though shakes the top rope, Morrison crashing onto it groin first before falling back into a Tree Of Woe. The Miz begins to yell out ‘Didn’t you see that!?’ and things of the like, the referee going over to calm Miz down. Swagger once again capitalizes, sneaking around to the back of the ring post, and grasping Morrison under the chin, pulling back as hard as he can, simultaneously constricting the air flow and stretching out the back of The Tuesday Night Delight. Miz begins to jump up and down and point at Swagger, the referee returning his attention to the match. Jack is quick though, letting go and moving back onto the apron quickly.

Regal has regained composure now and moves over to Morrison, sitting him up onto the top turnbuckle. William then proceeds to deliver an unforgiving series of elbows right to the small of John’s lower back, before climbing onto the second rope. Regal then grips Morrison around the waist and executes a back suplex to his adversary, John crashing hard down onto the mat from the top turnbuckle with a resounding thud. Regal drops his elbow into the spinal cord of Morrison, before grabbing him by the hair and pulling him across the canvas to his corner. Swagger is tagged in and he and his partner proceed to brutally stomp the body of The Guru Of Greatness, focusing on the lower back. The referee counts to four before Regal leaves, Jack covering John quickly. One, Two - No! The Shaman Of Sexy kicks out

Swagger grabs Morrison and lifts him up to a standing position, before wrapping his arms firmly around his mid-section and proceeding to squeeze as tight as he can. The bearhug is visibly taking it’s toll, Morrison’s face wincing in agony. The hold remains in for a little bit longer before Miz begins to bang the top turnbuckle and stomp his foot. The crowd responds in kind, clapping in time and stomping their feet to try and will Morrison back into the match. The Tuesday Night Delight begins to stir thanks to the support of the fans, delivering a series of hard forearm shots to the face of Swagger. The All-American American’s releases his grip as he falls back, using the ropes to support him. Morrison slowly begins the crawl to his corner, reaching out to tag Miz. He’s fingertips away from making the tag when William Regal comes off the apron and runs around to the corner, pulling Miz off the apron and down to the floor, Morrison having noone to tag out to!

The referee begins to scold Regal when he gets back to his corner, Morrison now back to his feet. He moves over to where the ECW Champion is standing, but is caught off-guard by a thumb to the eye while the referee is still busy with Regal. Jack bounces off the ropes and capitalizes on the stunned Morrison, hitting a brutal lariat. The referee stops with Regal and gets back to the match as Swagger lifts The Shaman Of Sexy up to his feet before delivering a backbreaker, the ECW Champion’s foe falling to the mat clutching at his back. Swagger covers, One, Two, Th - No! John Morrison kicks out! Jack gets up angrily and drops an elbow into the lower back of Morrison before dragging him over to his corner and tagging in Regal. Swagger lays Morrison over the second rope and grabs his legs, so he is laying face up horizontally. Regal bounces off the opposite side of the ring, charging forward and sending his knee right into the exposed lower back of Morrison, who then drops straight down to the mat, letting out a loud scream of pain. Regal covers pompously, One, Two, Thr - Morrison somehow manages to get his foot onto the bottom rope!!

Regal gets up to his feet furiously beginning to scream abrasively at the referee ‘That was bloody three!!’ The 2008 King Of The Ring tags in his partner Swagger, wondering whether he can do any better. The All American American looks down condescendingly at John Morrison, who is climbing up to his feet, using Swagger to pull himself up. Jack shoves The Shaman Of Sexy back to the canvas to some heat, before taunting the crowd. He decides it’s time to end it as he slowly pulls John up to his feet. The champion grips his adversary for his patented Swagger-Bomb and hoists him up, but Morrison leaps over the back of his opponent before the move connects! The Guru Of Greatness manages to land on his feet and dives across the ring, tagging in The Miz to a huge pop!

Miz enters the ring like a house of fire and takes Jack down with a running forearm before doing the same to Regal and knocking him off the apron. He once again charges at Swagger, taking him down again with a clothesline. Swagger hops back up but still can’t get a move in, Miz connecting with a Russian Leg Sweep before springing off the ropes and hitting a leg drop. The crowd are fully behind him as he prepares to hit his finishing move, The Reality Check. Before he can though, Regal climbs into the ring and runs towards him, getting a right hand which sends him tumbling to the outside for his efforts. Miz attempts the move but the distraction has cost him, Swagger stepping out of the way and shoving Miz into his corner. Morrison gets a blind tag in as Swagger pulls Miz away and connects with the Swagger-Bomb! He covers, but the referee tells him Miz isn’t the legal man. Swagger gets to his feet angrily but has no time to argue, Morrison delivering his signature Flying Chuck right to the face of the ECW Champion! John pauses and holds his back before going over to the corner and managing to hit the Starship Pain!! One, Two, Three!

The Miz & John Morrison win by pinfall

Swagger and Regal lay near motionless on the canvas and outside floor respectively, Morrison helping his partner to his feet so they can celebrate together

Striker: A very hard-fought victory there for Miz & Morrison. I wasn’t sure if they were going to make it but in the end they proved one thing; they more than deserve to be in the ECW title picture

Grisham: With Morrison getting the pin on the champion, I’d say he’s well in contention

Striker: That’s all we have time for tonight folks we hope you’ve enjoyed it and we’ll see you here next week

-End-