ECW 2006: I Predict A Riot

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MTK36

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Sports Team
houstonrockets
Favorite Sports Team
zMIREmq

A/N: Don't worry, NBW and Dominion will still happen. I just felt like I need to be realistic with how wrestling promotions are formed (for the latter, I might need to catch up.) Anyway, here's my take on an WWECW Project, with some interesting additions among the way.

Background:

Yes, we all have heard the story that WWE's version of ECW just could not live up to the original. It was essentially the "C-Show", had none of the charm and production value the original ECW had, and ECW originals were booked like crap. But instead of starting over from the beginning, let's take a look at what would have happened if the ECW Brand's momentum from its first 3 weeks on air would continue.
What momentum, you say? RVD just lost the WWE Championship and he and Sabu are under investigation for that road incident! Also, the roster is still too shallow, WWE higher-ups are starting to not care, and it's unclear how feasible it's going to be!
Once we get into a full year, it won't be the same as you think.......

Now, it's time to venture into the NEW BREED UNLEASHED!

Current Roster:​

Men:
Paul Heyman - ECW General Manager
Joey Styles - Lead Announcer
Tazz - Color Commentator

Rob Van Dam - ECW Champion
Big Show
Kurt Angle
Sabu
Tommy Dreamer
The Sandman
Mike Knox
Test
Stevie Richards
Little Guido
Tony Mamaluke
Big Guido
Al Snow
Justin Credible
Balls Mahoney
CW Anderson
Danny Doring
Roadkill

Women:
Francine
Jazz
Kelly Kelly
Trinity

Soon to Debut:
CM Punk
(reserved for surprise entry)

Ground Rules:
  • Unlike IRL WWECW, I am going to assume Vince McMahon and co. will be HANDS OFF when it comes to booking the shows. That means Paul Heyman or whomever is in charge of the shows have a lot more freedom, and SciFi will cover most promotional aspects rather than WWE's marketing team.
  • There will be MORE ECW-exclusive PPVs compared to real life, complete with their own theme music and possible sponsors for the event. These will most likely be on the week after a WWE-sanctioned PPV, unless ECW plans to show up on that PPV itself.
  • ECW superstars cannot leave for Raw or Smackdown, but Raw or Smackdown talents can join ECW. This will only apply for the first year of the ECW brand's existence.
  • Beginning with the July 11 episode, there will be short promos just like the Pulp Fiction-like promos from the original ECW called "Fast Cuts". It is designed to give performers some needed screen time if they do not have a match.
  • Most Importantly: NO PAUL HEYMAN AS HEEL AUTHORITY FIGURE (come on, a heel manager sure, but EVIL GM? A. He already did that, and much more effectively, and B. It will cause an authority figure imbalance.)
NEXT TIME:
July 4. 2006
The Infamous "South Philly Screwjob", the night when WWECW truly jumped the shark.
How will it NOT happen this time?

Notable events for the rest of 2006:
August 1: ECW returns to the Hammerstein Ballroom
August 27: ECW Heatwave 2k6 (live from Springfield, Massachusets)
October 9: Raw Family Reunion (first time ECW will interact with Raw and Smackdown since June)
October 15: ECW Anarchy Rulz 2k6 (live from Augusta, Georgia)
November 22: WWE Survivor Series 2k6 (return to Philly since the 4th of July, first participation in WWE-sanctioned PPV)
December 3: ECW December to Dismember 2k6 (live from Providence, Rhode Island)

Stojy

Reaction score
Oh man. I'm all in for this. Looking forward to seeing a more Heyman/extreme spin on things. Good luck!

Reactions: Death By Looch