eBay is Suing Amazon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
After accusing Amazon of conducting a campaign to poach its third-party sellers, eBay has filed a lawsuit in California to ban the competitor from misusing its platform, per The Wall Street Journal. eBay first sent a cease and desist letter to Amazon earlier this month claiming its employees were using eBay’s messaging feature to try to hire away third-party sellers for Amazon Marketplace, the e-commerce giant’s competing sellers platform.

source

The thing is, there are people who don't work with Amazon who do this. Like I ordered cat scratcher pads on eBay and they came in a Prime envelope. I checked the price on Amazon and it was about $1.25 less so the person selling the item basically pockets the difference without having to handle shipping anything. People have been doing this for years. I have to use PayPal which Amazon doesn't accept or I'd be using my own Prime account. lol

• Haha
Reactions: The Sheik

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Amazon Marketplace sucks.. I have no clue why anyone would want to sell on Amazon.. makes no sense to me.

When selling on the Marketplace your biggest competitor is the very company you are listing your product on. The majority of the time Amazon will have what you are selling at a matching or lower price with Prime shipping thus beating you out every time.

I buy lots of things from both places... but I only sell on eBay... I never have seen Amazon as a place to sell.

I believe that eBay has a case here though... they thrive in the one place Amazon is having trouble.. the peer-to-peer market and Amazon is trying to use eBay to gain sellers? haha How about building a website more suited for people selling to people alongside your main website? But the way your become the highest grossing company in the world is by cutting costs.. and it's much cheaper to use someone's more established website to market for sellers... but it's also very unethical.

I hope eBay wins this to continue to solidify that the peer-to-peer marketplace website is their baby, not Amazon's.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
They should sue letgo wow that place is awful

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Of course you did...

Also according to spell check "scratcher" is not a word.
sdada.png

Fite me spell checker. I will take you to the dugger and put you out of buildness. :tough: