Earth, Moon, Stars, and Sun

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
1 Enoch 18:1. I saw the treasuries of all the winds: I saw how He had furnished with them the whole creation and the firm foundations of the earth. 2. And I saw the corner-stone of the earth: I saw the four winds which bear [ the earth and ] the firmament of the heaven. 3. And I saw how the winds stretch out the vaults of heaven, and have their station between heaven and earth: these are the pillars of the heaven . 4. I saw the winds of heaven which turn and bring the circumference of the sun and all the stars to their setting. 5. I saw the winds on the earth carrying the clouds: I saw the paths of the angels. I saw at the end of the earth the firmament of the heaven above. And I proceeded and saw a place which burns day and night, where there are seven mountains of magnificent stones, three towards the east, and three towards the south. 7. And as for those towards the east, 〈 one 〉 was of coloured stone, and one of pearl, and one of jacinth, and those towards the south of red stone. 8. But the middle one reached to heaven like the throne of God, of alabaster, and the summit of the throne was of sapphire. 9. And I saw a flaming fire. And beyond these mountains 10. is a region the end of the great earth: there the heavens were completed. 11. And I saw a deep abyss, with columns of heavenly fire, and among them I saw columns of fire fall, which were beyond measure alike towards the height and towards the depth. 12. And beyond that abyss I saw a place which had no firmament of the heaven above, and no firmly founded earth beneath it: there was no water upon it, and no birds, but it was a waste and horrible place.
-
1 ENOCH 21 talks about the sun/Stars

Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
By all means, point it out to me: King James Version (KJV) - Version Information - BibleGateway.com
I have no idea what you are reading but it isn't anywhere in the KJV bible. lol

EDIT: I see what you did. You read a book that was removed for false teachings. The Book of Enoch was found to not align with Jude. It was removed many years ago because of this. A lot of people believe it to have been removed to cover up something but if you read through it and then through the KJV you can see where the book fails to make any sense.

Last edited:

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Last edited:

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
A lunar eclipse alone shows the earth is round as the shadow of the earth is cast onto the moon.

As for what you mentioned above:

1 Samuel 2:8 - This is speaking about "the pillars of the earth" which are the mountains. Mountains are referenced a lot in the bible because they are HUGE parts of the earth. It is used in this scripture to show the power of the Lord.
1 Chronicles 16:30 - This is referencing the destruction of the earth, that it will not happen. It is also speaking in reference to evil taking over and winning. "It shall not be moved" in ways of evil as in God will have the final victory.
Job 38:4-6 - This is speaking of God's miracles of creation and his power.
Psalm 75:3 - This is talking about God's final word. The pillars are a reference to his control and his promises.
Psalm 93:1 - Again speaking of evil controlling the earth.. Being moved from God entirely.
Psalm 104:5 - The earth won't be destroyed by God
Proverbs 30:4 - Ends is not referencing sides of a shape but the earth as a "whole creation".

You have to read before and after these verses and not just pick what you think they mean to justify your reasoning. The bible is not meant to be interpreted that way.

Reactions: Rosie

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
A lunar eclipse alone shows the earth is round as the shadow of the earth is cast onto the moon.

As for what you mentioned above:

1 Samuel 2:8 - This is speaking about "the pillars of the earth" which are the mountains. Mountains are referenced a lot in the bible because they are HUGE parts of the earth. It is used in this scripture to show the power of the Lord.
1 Chronicles 16:30 - This is referencing the destruction of the earth, that it will not happen. It is also speaking in reference to evil taking over and winning. "It shall not be moved" in ways of evil as in God will have the final victory.
Job 38:4-6 - This is speaking of God's miracles of creation and his power.
Psalm 75:3 - This is talking about God's final word. The pillars are a reference to his control and his promises.
Psalm 93:1 - Again speaking of evil controlling the earth.. Being moved from God entirely.
Psalm 104:5 - The earth won't be destroyed by God
Proverbs 30:4 - Ends is not referencing sides of a shape but the earth as a "whole creation".

You have to read before and after these verses and not just pick what you think they mean to justify your reasoning. The bible is not meant to be interpreted that way.
I do admit, I need to study more in the bible. I hv a hard time putting things togother, Especially when Trying to comprehend with what the bible is talking about at that given moment or passage. I could read one chapter twice, and still not fully comprehend what it means.... :emoji_slight_frown:
[doublepost=1512629066][/doublepost]But thank you for clarifying those Versus for me..

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I do admit, I need to study more in the bible. I hv a hard time putting things togother, Especially when Trying to comprehend with what the bible is talking about at that given moment or passage. I could read one chapter twice, and still not fully comprehend what it means.... :emoji_slight_frown:
Read it with the spirit, not the carnal mind. A lot of what is in the bible isn't a direct translation of what is happening but spoken like poetry.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

Rosie

Neo Genesis
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Also, not to mention the whole "Sun revolves around us" thing was disproven by Galileo Galilei in the 1600's, lunar eclipses, as mentioned, come from the Earth blocking the light of the moon and if we were flat, it wouldn't block out the entire moon like it does. This is what a Lunar eclipse would look like if it was flat (photoshopped)

Not to mention that it is possible to fly a plane over to Asia and Europe from America from opposite directions and they are all on the same landmass completely uninterrupted and travelers have gone from Europe to the far reaches of China.

They most likely thought the Earth was flat back then because they couldn't travel as far as we can today or even go up into space. That was until Christopher Columbas, decided to disprove this by going west from Europe to get to Asia, which is East something which people thought would result in being knocked off the Earth. He ended up landing in the Americas and spread disease...a rant for another day. But, in reality, he was right. He could get to Asia by going in that direction, just until that point, they didn't know the America's existed so they have to cross the land and continue sailing on the other side, or go around it if they wanted to get there.

The Bible as Brit said, while to some is a nice way to guide moral code and get in touch with your spiritual side and God, shouldn't be taken literally because it was interpreted and written by people on the words of God and has been retranslated over the years.

Personally, I'm agnostic, so I'm more speaking in the perspective of someone who holds faith near and dear to them on that last bit. But yeah, be careful what you read sometimes, from the news to Scientific Journals, stories, and even with the Bible.

Nikki Nitro

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Im a strong believer in what the BIBLE says. And Yes, I believe in everything the Bible says, as well...

Last edited: