SummerSlam Early Summerslam match card predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Post your card predictions below.

My predictions...

Universal title Rollins vs Reigns

WWE title Kingston vs Joe

Undertaker vs Mclntyer

Shane vs Owen's loser leaves town

Smackdown Womens title Bayley vs Banks

Raw womans title Becky vs Charlotte

Intercontinental title Balor vs Nakamura

United states title Ricochet vs Styles

Raw tag titles Revival vs Usos vs Viking Raiders

Smackdown tag titles Bryan and rowen vs New day vs Heavy Machinery vs AOP.

Womans tag titles Kabuki Warriors vs Alexa Nikki

Corbin vs Black

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Orton vs Kofi

Kofi has beaten
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Kevin Owens
  • Sami Zayn
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Samoa Joe
So who is left? Orton, top guy, maint eventer, a legnd. This would be the perfect feud for Orton to get his nasty heel side back. Talk about how Kofi was never on his level. Have him attack Woods and E with RKO outta nowhere in the build up

Even go back to this and talk about how they had heat for each other

Phenomenal Blissfit

Reaction score
Man is anyone here as pissed off as I am about Natayla becoming No1 contender against Becky at SUMMERSLAM of all ppv's?

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Orton vs Kofi

Kofi has beaten
  • Daniel Bryan
  • Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Kevin Owens
  • Sami Zayn
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Samoa Joe
So who is left? Orton, top guy, maint eventer, a legnd. This would be the perfect feud for Orton to get his nasty heel side back. Talk about how Kofi was never on his level. Have him attack Woods and E with RKO outta nowhere in the build up

Even go back to this and talk about how they had heat for each other

'10 years ago you tried to ruin my career. 10 years later I stand before you as wwe world heavyweight champion'

'At Summerslam I'm going to end your career you stooopid bitch.'

Then have Orton do really sadistic stuff to big e and woods

Boom. You have a great fued

Reactions: Mr. Roman Empire

Crash

Reaction score
Nakamura vs Bray Wyatt for the IC title. Bray has always been a huge fan of Nakamura for years and with this new gimmick it would be a great match up IMO.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Nakamura vs Bray Wyatt for the IC title. Bray has always been a huge fan of Nakamura for years and with this new gimmick it would be a great match up IMO.
Yeah but it's clear we are getting balor vs Bray and maybe Ali vs Nakamura.

That could be a great match but a match that neither man can lose imo.

Crash

Reaction score
Yeah but it's clear we are getting balor vs Bray and maybe Ali vs Nakamura.

That could be a great match but a match that neither man can lose imo.

I'm not sure, I heard Balor and Bray was not the plan for SummerSlam and that Balor was taking time off. I don't know but we'll see, a lot of things can happen until SummerSlam.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I'm not sure, I heard Balor and Bray was not the plan for SummerSlam and that Balor was taking time off. I don't know but we'll see, a lot of things can happen until SummerSlam.
I did hear that Balor was taking a couple of months off after summerslam. So losing to Bray would be a great way to write him off TV and get Bray over in a big way

Crash

Reaction score
I did hear that Balor was taking a couple of months off after summerslam. So losing to Bray would be a great way to write him off TV and get Bray over in a big way

Yeah that would make sense.

maruwe22

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins (WWE Universal Title Match)
Already confirmed - would love to see Seth getting the title back from Part Time Brock, but don't see that happening any time soon.

Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)
Not sure who else there is for Kingston to beat - could easily use their past history to build up to this match.

Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens (for control of SmackDown)
Could be a fun match and with the stipulation in there, makes it believeable for KO to try and run the show.

Bayley vs Ember Moon (SmackDown Women's Championship)
Already confirmed - giving Ember a title run could be fun, her work in NXT was top notch and deserves to show what she can do with the spotmoonlight on her.

Becky Lynch vs Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)
Already confirmed - seems to be an odd choice for Natalya, plenty of other talent could put on a decent match with Lynch.

The Iicnoics vs Kabuki Warriors (Women's Tag Title Match)
I was going to make this a triple threat match with Bliss and Cross being involved, but that would then be 3 triple threat matches on the same card, plus by the time SummerSlam comes along, they might be having a match of their own.

The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) vs The Club (SmackDown Tag Title Match)
I can see The Club becoming dominant (and probably expanding) as time goes by. Even if they weren't to win the Tag Titles here, a strong showing against arguably the best Tag Team in WWE at the moment would go a long way.

Revival vs Usos vs Heavy Machinery (Raw Tag Title Match)
Revival and Usos are already established tag teams on Raw and Heavy Machinery need to be included in that in the future, so why not start that at SummerSlam with them getting a tag run?

AJ Styles vs Ricochet vs Shinsuke Nakamura (if Nakamura or Styles win, they become a dual Champion)
I do love a good triple threat match and these three can do a lot in the win. Plus, the dual Champion card would play to Styles and Nakamura for getting involved in this match in the first place.

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor
Balor has requested time off, so would help to get Wyatt back over whilst giving Balor a storyline exit.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins (WWE Universal Title Match)
Already confirmed - would love to see Seth getting the title back from Part Time Brock, but don't see that happening any time soon.

Kofi Kingston vs Randy Orton (WWE Championship Match)
Not sure who else there is for Kingston to beat - could easily use their past history to build up to this match.

Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens (for control of SmackDown)
Could be a fun match and with the stipulation in there, makes it believeable for KO to try and run the show.

Bayley vs Ember Moon (SmackDown Women's Championship)
Already confirmed - giving Ember a title run could be fun, her work in NXT was top notch and deserves to show what she can do with the spotmoonlight on her.

Becky Lynch vs Natalya (Raw Women's Championship)
Already confirmed - seems to be an odd choice for Natalya, plenty of other talent could put on a decent match with Lynch.

The Iicnoics vs Kabuki Warriors (Women's Tag Title Match)
I was going to make this a triple threat match with Bliss and Cross being involved, but that would then be 3 triple threat matches on the same card, plus by the time SummerSlam comes along, they might be having a match of their own.

The New Day (Big E and Xavier Woods) vs The Club (SmackDown Tag Title Match)
I can see The Club becoming dominant (and probably expanding) as time goes by. Even if they weren't to win the Tag Titles here, a strong showing against arguably the best Tag Team in WWE at the moment would go a long way.

Revival vs Usos vs Heavy Machinery (Raw Tag Title Match)
Revival and Usos are already established tag teams on Raw and Heavy Machinery need to be included in that in the future, so why not start that at SummerSlam with them getting a tag run?

AJ Styles vs Ricochet vs Shinsuke Nakamura (if Nakamura or Styles win, they become a dual Champion)
I do love a good triple threat match and these three can do a lot in the win. Plus, the dual Champion card would play to Styles and Nakamura for getting involved in this match in the first place.

Bray Wyatt vs Finn Balor
Balor has requested time off, so would help to get Wyatt back over whilst giving Balor a storyline exit.

Yeah I think you have the closest to what we are gonna see at the PPV, except the dual champion I don't really see that happening in this case.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
So...does anyone else think the current SummerSlam card looks kind of strange?

Its ten singles matches...6 for titles...

No tag matches, no triple threats, no gimmick matches...

It almost seems very...plain & grounded...like a proper wrestling show.