E3 2017 Prediction thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
3194253-3e.jpg

E3 is one of the only non wrestling related events I get extremely hyped for. We are a month away and they're already details and rumors out so let's get to predicting shit! I know a new Assassin's Creed is going to officially revealed so I'm hoping for:

Last of Us 2 gameplay

God of War gameplay

Resident Evil 2 remake (pls Capcom?) and not a hero DLC gameplay and release date.

An update on Death Stranding

And last but not least, Bloodborne 2.

Reactions: Solid Snake

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Call of Duty to promise the best game ever and a new engine, and not deliver. That's a guarantee.
South Park
Farpoint

Reactions: ¡Tranquilo!

Solidus1

eXit
Reaction score
Oh, and somekind of VR set for the Xbox. They need to compete.

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Half life 3. I just want that to happen so I can get portal 3 sooner.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Call of Duty to promise the best game ever and a new engine, and not deliver. That's a guarantee.
South Park
Farpoint

Had to re-read that a few times...You almost gave me a heart attack!

I think Microsoft would rather compete with the PS pro so we'll be seeing that Scorpio this year.

Reactions: Solidus1

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I am hoping for Cyberpunk 2077 but probably only next E3.

Assassin's Creed Origins (that's the name I keep hearing)

Microsoft Scorpio details

EA Access will probably get a big name (Battlefield 1 maybe? announcing the next battlefield too probably) Maybe even announce its coming to Sony and PS4.

Xbox Gamer Pass will get more info

Another just dance game no one will care about.

Fifa 18

Madden 18

Forza 7 (announcement, dont expect to see anything till next E3)

Ryzen updates if AMD is doing their show again.

New Tomb Raider game and somehow have a connection to the new Tomb Raider Movie.

Need For Speed version.

I am wondering, is this the year they may bring back Medal of Honour? Just got a feeling on this one.

Elder Scrolls VI - I am hoping at least.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
Cyberpunk 2077
Maybe there's a chance at this E3 for a teaser trailer at best. I'm anxiously hoping for more news about that game but I doubt we're getting much anytime soon. Really want that game even though there's not a lot of info about it, since I'm a sucker for almost anything with a cyberpunk aesthetic.

I'm hoping for three things this year at E3. Would like to see From Software announce their next game, since they're definitely working on projects. Likely candidates are a sequel/successor to Bloodborne since it did really well for Sony and ended up moving a lot of PS4s for them (Bloodborne was the game that made me want a PS4 at least) or a new Armored Core game, which I would be okay with since while I'm not a dedicated fan of the series, I trust From Software to make a good game and I might end up getting into it if I give it a shot.

Next two are sort of long shots as to whether they could happen or not. I'm going to guess no on both of them, so these aren't things I'm holding my breath for. I would be really hyped if it got announced that Obsidian were working on another Fallout game, similar to what they did with Fallout New Vegas after Fallout 3 was released. However I'm not sure how likely that is. The name Project Louisiana was floating around and people suggested that could possibly be a development code name for a Fallout game set in New Orleans/somewhere else in Louisiana but further details have shown that it is most likely Pillars of Eternity 2. But I'm still hoping Obsidian steps in to make another Fallout game, since while in some aspects Fallout 3 was superior, Fallout New Vegas was overall the much better Fallout game in comparison. The only problem with that is Chris Avellone, the lead writer of Obsidian when New Vegas came out has since left the company to join another one and work on another game. He was a huge part of what made the writing in New Vegas so great, so it could possibly pale in comparison. But I'm sure Obsidian could write a much better story than Bethesda. I'm looking at you, Fallout 4...

And the other thing I'm wanting, is a new Knights of the Old Republic game. That one has even less of a chance of happening, but there's rumors going around that something is happening with the Knights of the Old Republic franchise. Whether that's a potential remake/remaster of either the first, second or both previous Knights of the Old Republic game, or if it's another game in the series, who knows? I've wanted a third game for years, since the first two are easily some of the greatest RPGs I've ever played, and not solely based on the fact that I am a Star Wars fan. Not sure where a new game would go story wise seeing as there's the MMO which takes place 300 years after the games and closes up some loose ends regarding the story (poorly I might add), but I'd like it if they were to just go right out and say yeah, that game isn't canon, here's the real Knights of the Old Republic sequel. I highly doubt that would happen, seeing as that game is still up and running and they wouldn't want to say "Yeah, this story that a decent amount of people still pay monthly to see? It didn't happen." I'm not sure if a third game would be set even further after the events of the MMO, which I doubt since it's still ongoing and they're making expansions for it still, so I dunno. Part of me thinks this game will never happen because of the MMO, but maybe Bioware will do something to try and redeem themselves after Mass Effect Andromeda (which I have not played but haven't heard many good things about at all, mostly due to the fact that the majority of the people working on it had nothing to do with the first three Mass Effect games).

....why do I make in-depth posts at nearly 6am? Go figure.

Last edited:

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
....why do I make in-depth posts at nearly 6am? Go figure.

Because you're a gamer and this is E3 season! no excuses XD

Oh I also expect to see CoD pick a side with the exclusive, whether it will be PS4 and Sony or Microsoft and X1. Another along the similar line is Read Dead 2, I think we'll see Rockstar come on Xbox/Sony's conference and announce exclusive content / early dlc dates for one of the consoles.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
I think Microsoft would rather compete with the PS pro so we'll be seeing that Scorpio this year.
Honestly they would probably announce something like that for the Scorpio. Putting that extra power to use and shit

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty, Last of Us II are my main 3

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Honestly they would probably announce something like that for the Scorpio. Putting that extra power to use and shit

I just remembered don't they have the Holo lens or something? Where the hell is that at? I remember them showing Minecraft being played with it.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I just remembered don't they have the Holo lens or something? Where the hell is that at? I remember them showing Minecraft being played with it.
They do although that's more a Microsoft thing than an Xbox thing. I expect something to be shown, but hololens isn't going to be their VR kit. It would be to expensive to battle with psvr, Vibe, Occulus, etc.

A game I can't wait to see more of is far cry 5. That and AC will be my only reason to sit through Aisha Tyler's MCing.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Some people are saying a deal with PlayStation was made (with Rockstar) so there "may" be something on RDR2.
I highly doubt it though. They just announced delaying the game so ehh.