Who will stand up to The Elite

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Last night's Dynamite ended in chaotic fashion with AEW's President and CEO Tony Khan being lured into the ring by Jack Perry with the premise of reinstating him to the company. Jack would talk about the difficulties of being away but wants to put everything behind him. He asks Tony to reinstate him and to ''change the world'' *wink wink* together again. As Tony shakes his hand and celebrates, Jack Perry would shock the world by punching him right in the guts. The rest of the Elite would show up, tease a EVP Trigger while helping TK up only to pick him up and hit him with a TK Driver. They would leave Tony KO'd in the ring while talking about changing the world again, the infamous tagline used in the creation of AEW. Tony Khan's father Shahid would be shown worried for his son's health as the show closes.

Immediately after, this would appear on social media, with Perry claiming Khan got what was coming to him for costing him 8 months of his career. The bucks then ominously claim they had to do it as their final move and that The Elite have arrived....

Which brings me to the topic of this thread...who will The Elite feud with after presumably now being able to run roughshod over the company after a hostile takeover, so to speak....

some popular options:

#1 Kenny Omega

kenny-omega-wrestling.gif

I'm not impressed...

The obvious elephant in the room is the injury Kenny is out with is currently and publicly not resolved, so let's get that out of the way first. He Is, however, booked for next week's Winnipeg show. While we all expect that appearance to not be a declaration of him returning to action, surely he will HAVE to comment on the actions of The Elite. Not only because he is one of the faces of the company and currently a big babyface, but because The Elite have also fired him from the group and replaced him with his greatest rival. Add in the assault on the CEO and it seems innevitable that Kenny will address this next week. Will they immediately take him out to prompt a return at a later date? Has he been working us and he's ready to go? I'm personally very excited to see what he has to say after the closing of last night's episode.

#2 Bryan Danielson

giphy.gif

''If I die, I would trust Bryan to lead AEW''

This is a bit more an outsider choice based on a few outside factors. In a press conference, Tony once said Danielson was the only person he trusted to run AEW in the event of his untimely demise or absence. This would qualify. This could also be a vehicle to Danielson Okada 3, for example. Danielson also has history with The Elite dating all the way back to Kenny vs Bryan at Grand Slam and continued here and there when Bryan and Elite where reversed in their alignment.

#3 FTR

5d371994f01610939a2ae2981cfe9c51dda07543.gif

Much like Kenny Omega, the presence of FTR seems like an automatic inclusion. Jack Perry directly costs them the AEW tag titles. Their rivalry with the Bucks is an on sight feud that precedes the company even existing. There is a lot of history left to play off of, no even including anything Pepsi related. The original excommunication of Hangman Page from The Elite was a direct result of FTR's actions. They are also one of the few teams on the roster booked on the same level as The Bucks, one would even argue they are ''stronger'' than the aforementioned brothers. Dax being a loud defender of AEW also adds to the story.

#4 Adam Copeland

adam-copeland.gif

''The student surpasses the master...''

Another of AEW's top pure babyfaces currently and a title holder (this will be important in a minute). He has deep ties with FTR. The only hiccup is he is currently in a feud with Malakai, but let us assume he wins that feud. He would need a challenger. Enter Jack Perry. Jack Perry is the ex student of The Patriarch Christian Cage. What a fun story it could be for the student to take on the rival who beat his former master, and perhaps even defeating him in the process. This could lead to not only a fun rivalry with some backstory, but also a vehicle from Christian to return and for a possible fence mend between the two former tag team legends.

#5 Hangman Page

d70413a5cf69cc8b638a7199e79e577e91bce1cd.gifv

The Dark Horse

Almost literally the dark horse of this angle in my opinion. He is bound to return and will have to make a decision. Will he rejoin his brothers who only ''suspended'' him from The Elite (for an action they just committed themselves on a grander scale)? Will he decide to join forces against The Elite and rejoin Kenny on the side of light? Will he tease one way than stab the others in the back? Will he just be a lone desperado? I want to find out sooner than later!

Please give me your fantasy booking and thoughts on the above talent, as well as your thoughts on the angle overall right now as well as when it develops further!

Reactions: #Waddles and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I can't see Danielson doing it but that'd be cool. I do think Kenny will side against them I just don't think he can wrestle anytime soon. I heard some theories they use Kenny as an authority figure to rule against their decisions when he can tho lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I can't see Danielson doing it but that'd be cool. I do think Kenny will side against them I just don't think he can wrestle anytime soon. I heard some theories they use Kenny as an authority figure to rule against their decisions when he can tho lol
he is still an EVP so that would make kayfabe sense, Kenny as GM would be something I would have never dreamed of in my wildest fantasy booking but it has potential to be pretty sick

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Could you imagine Swerve Strickland or Moxley getting involved at all?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I wouldn't even be mad if more people got involved and it became a full on civil war with sub factions used as soldiers basically

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I definitely feel like they'd be major players in this storyline, with Okada gunning for either title, ya know?

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I definitely feel like they'd be major players in this storyline, with Okada gunning for either title, ya know?
Yeah I doubt Okada will be satisfied with his current title. boy gotta eat

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Oh my god could you imagine at the end of it all Tony's Khans and the Elite end up getting beaten by Don Callis's faction because he plays both against each other :banderas:

• Love

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
there's also how will it affect Forbidden Door and how will people from Bullet Club for example be treated. They got beef with Mox so that could be a way for Mox to cross paths with them if Elite and Ward Dogs align temporarily or HoT

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Oh my god could you imagine at the end of it all Tony's Khans and the Elite end up getting beaten by Don Callis's faction because he plays both against each other :banderas:
what I love about this angle is there are so many ways and things they can do and they all can make sense easily. I really hope they press hard on the pedal and make it the A angle most shows (which yes would mean Swerve can get involved, maybe they force him to defend against Jack for example)

I liked that the show had a throughline angle to remind you the elite were doing something at the end of the show and it paid off big time imo

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
I do think what probably will happen is it'll be Omega as the new face authority figure, Swerve, Page, and FTR as Tony's team, Jon Moxley will probably assemble his own crew because he doesn't wanna be aligned with Tony Khan or Omega (I could assume Mox could have lingering beef with everyone), Don Callis as the underneath heel faction driving things, and The Elite in a four sided civil war.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I do think what probably will happen is it'll be Omega as the new face authority figure, Swerve, Page, and FTR as Tony's team, Jon Moxley will probably assemble his own crew because he doesn't wanna be aligned with Tony Khan or Omega (I could assume Mox could have lingering beef with everyone), Don Callis as the underneath heel faction driving things, and The Elite in a four sided civil war.
Mox and Omega fucking hate each other for sure so it would take a lot for them to make up. Mox debuted by DDTing Kenny off a giant poker chip. It's a forever feud with no love lost between them!

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
oh and obviously Kenny turned heel by taking Mox's world title so ya, def Mox's biggest rival tbh in aew along with Jericho

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels