DX

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ajax

Reaction score
So if this reunion actually takes place, can DX be at all funny to us who remember DX from it's inception with the raunchy and lewd things that was?

noumenon

I really believe this inception of DX needs to be done perfectly...and nothing less.. this is why.
Back in 2006?(I believe) when DX first reunited people were expecting it coming for months, with awkward tension between HHH/HBK and and both of them involved in the same feud. When they did get back together however it was pretty much the beginning of WWE's PG rated mission, combined with HBK now strict religious views, most of their skits came off as infantile and really cheesy.
Another problem is that with the now legendary status of both HHH and HBK pretty much any tag team they were pitted against was simply crushed in their wake, anything else would have looked ridiculous.
WWE right now needs some a little edgier to mesh with Legacy, not Orton loves cock or dumping buckets of fake shit on the stage. I really think if DX does indeed come back for one final hoorah it really needs to be a perfect balance between humor and bordering on the serious heel DX. Anything else is going to be received as stale and really be kind of an anticlimatic return for HBK.
Another problem was that over the past few years DX had really become almost a novelty act. Simply reunited on a whim and billed as special appearances...and then once again dissappearing into nothing. If the stable is there..it needs to be there. And if it is once again disbanded it needs a proper epic end, perhaps for HBK's retirement feud if he so chooses to go out this year.
And obviously they could be using this as the tool for getting Priceless over once and for all instead of simply standing on the sidelines with Orton. This obviously means no utter humiliations and complete squashes on DX's part.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Yeah i think DX reuniting needs to be a bit more on the serious Side. Not so much juvinile kiddy stuff. Be more serious boardering on heelish/Tweener side sort of stuff. Thing is Dibiase got the marine 2 coming out soon back end of the year i think so a face turn is enevitable for him. So legacy's time is ticking down. So as far as i can see they are gonna kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Dibaise is gonna turn face before the end of the year. And HHH is gonna turn heel. HHH will use HBK to turn heel and Dibaise will use Orton to get over in time for his DVD to come out. But my point is that DX needs to be a bit comical but more with a serious side to to pull this DX reunion stuff off.

noumenon

It would have worked a little better if HBK was willing to do a bit more in the raunchy department.
HOWEVER, NO ONE can deny how hilarious HBK's superkick rampage was while he was figuring out how to use the computer.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
A DX reunion would be fine. The skits and stuff they did wasn't that great, but they were so over with the more casual fans, it could be a good thing for WWE. Maybe if Raw continues with the guest host thing, they would be perfect, IMO.

MizMasta3000

Honestly I used to love DX until I developed this hatred towards HBK. I dread another HBK return because He has paved his time in the wwe his purpose is non existence nowadays. The Only DX return I want is the one that is impoosible (Waltman,Sopp,James,Chyna,and Tori). The whole HBK,HHH thing was stupidly childish. Id rather see a brand new Evolution. (Swagger, Masters,HHH,and Flair)

TheAnswer

Reaction score
They need to have a DX that basically controls Raw... because in real life they have a lot of say in the back.

You don't need to men pushing 40 to be acting like their 18. Have it be almost be like the heel DX from 2000, because of the control they actually have but do it so it makes them baby face.