Drew McIntyre talks WWE future

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
132_ss_08052023at_36389--9f0a71d1c1d6396dc8ef5be8284237db.webp

Drew McIntyre says he doesn't plan on going anywhere other than WWE.

McIntyre's relationship with the company has been the subject of several reports throughout 2023. In April, it was reported that McIntyre's WWE deal is in its final year and the two sides have yet to agree on a new one.

McIntyre addressed his status with WWE recently during an interview with The Hindustan Times to promote Friday's Superstar Spectacle event in Hyderabad, India.

"The internet keeps talking about my future, I guess. But my focus is on the here and now like I don’t look to the future, I don’t look to the past, I look to the present," McIntyre said. "And my job right now is just making sure we give everybody in Hyderabad the best show possible and I’ll continue to give the best performance I can give at every show and I can see I don’t plan to be anywhere else. That’s as much as I can give.”

In May, our own Dave Meltzer reported that WWE has the option to add time onto McIntyre's deal and that his return to the company was a creative issue.

"Regarding the potential of his leaving, the time he has been out of action can be used to freeze and extend his contract if WWE so desires. WWE in the past has done that with numerous wrestlers who had expressed wanting to leave. It should be noted that McIntyre to the best of our knowledge has not asked to leave but they have not agreed to a new deal. But there is an obvious spot for him as a heel challenging Rollins," Meltzer wrote.

McIntyre also mentioned during an interview with TMZ in July that there was "some smoke" to the rumors regarding his status with WWE.

"It was amazing all the stories about me out there," McIntyre said. "When you’re not on TV, people talk, and you know, there might have been some smoke to some fire with a few of them, but it was nice people were talking about me when I wasn’t there.

McIntyre has been involved in a program with Matt Riddle on Raw of late. The two unlikely teammates lost a tornado tag match on Monday's show to The Viking Raiders.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That's the exact interview I'd give if I wanted a higher number from AEW Just saying...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He still wants that big WWE title run in front of fans, I think they come to a new deal before too long.

Reactions: John McHenry

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
He still wants that big WWE title run in front of fans, I think they come to a new deal before too long.

Yup one of his big complaints was not having the fans.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Yeah his big push not being in front of fans was awful timing. He wasn’t beating Roman

But I can definitely see him getting a run as WHC.