Drew Fickett Released by MFC Due to Dream Loss

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
drew-fickett_large.jpg
Apparently Mark Pavelich doesn't care if you lose in his organization or another one. Two losses in a row for Drew Fickett means he's out of the MFC, even if only one of the losses occurred there. Pavelich spoke on the issue in a post on the MFC website today:

"Drew had the consent of the MFC to fight in Japan, but he and his management were expressly told that if he lost badly again he would be released, and therefore Drew has been released," explained MFC Owner/President Mark Pavelich.

"I will not have guys coming and going from the MFC and thinking what they do in other organizations won’t have an effect on where they stand in the Maximum Fighting Championship. I have a lot of respect for Drew especially in the way he turned his life around and I wish him the best of luck in his future."

He was expected to fight on the October 14th MFC 31 card, but that's obviously out the window. Fickett had rebuilt his career with five straight wins after a bad stretch that saw him allegedly struggle with alcohol issues while dropping 8 out of 10 fights over a 13-month stretch. There's not a lot of shame in losing to Tatsuya Kawajiri though, so he should get an opportunity to get back on the right track somewhere else soon.