Dos Santos Unsure Of Surgery, Rules Out Competing At UFC 142

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Junior dos Santos knocked out Cain Velasquez in one round this weekend to earn the UFC heavyweight championship, fulfilling his ultimate goal. The 27-year-old is hoping to make his first title defense in his home country of Brazil, but the knee injury he sustained prior to facing Velasquez will see that he doesn't make it on the UFC's next-scheduled trip to South America, UFC 142.

Dos Santos tore his meniscus shortly before his UFC On FOX 1 main event bout against Velasquez and, though he hasn't figured out yet whether or not the injury will require surgery, he knows that it will keep him from being ready in time to fight at UFC 142.

"We'll talk to the doctor and find it out," dos Santos recently told Tatame when asked whether the torn meniscus will necessitate an operation. "I thought I could feel some pain or something like that, but I didn't. I was scared of that, but it never happened.

"I guess I can't [make UFC 142], but I really want to fight in Brazil. There'll be many events in Brazil, like Dana [White] said himself. So I want my first title defense to be in Brazil."
Dos Santos will make his first title defense against the winner of the impending UFC 141 heavyweight tilt between Brock Lesnar and Alistair Overeem, scheduled to go down on December 30 in Las Vegas

Fightline.com

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Even if he was fit for the fight the winner of Lesnar and Overeem wouldn't have been ready for their title shot. I don't expect the fight to happen until April 2012 at the earliest.